_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 175

Thread: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser ... 100%

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    23,502
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser ... 100%

    Over the past nine years we have tried to keep RaginPagin.com completely free and as the Ragin Pagin community has grown and is growing. For this we thank everyone who visits, posts and finds links to Ragin' Cajuns articles on the web, or just visits. That is what "Raging Paging" is all about.

    Keeping up with the web and providing a high volume server has become harder and harder to accomplish. Every day, more & more people from all over the world drop by to look for news on the University of Louisiana, the Ragin' Cajuns and the untold history of UL.

    One simple indicator of growing use is our internal search engine which has been accessed over three and a half million times since 2002. This does not count simple visits but is an indicator that the Rage Page archives are a useful tool to UL fans everywhere.

    As most of you know the site is in no way connected to, or endorsed by any school in the UL System, we receive no subsidy. Currently our fixed costs have dropped to $3200 a year.

    So for the third time ever (annually if possible) we are holding a donation type fund raiser. Our goal is to raise $2400, if we exceed that goal, Ragin Pagin will donate the surplus to UL Athletics. To keep track we will create a brick progress page. You can indicate if you wish to donate anonymously or have your member or real name (or business name) mentioned.

    Regardless of how close we come to reaching the goal we will continue to strive to make RaginPagin.com a hub to connect to everything Ragin' Cajuns on the web. We hope to continue doing research so we can be a good source for all info related to UL past present and future.

    To see how you can help click the donate button in the menu bar near the upper right side of the page.

    Thanks for your support.

    ps Please, do not send money you budgeted for RCAF.


  2. #2
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund raiser

    Turbine...let me start by thanking you for what you do for all of us. The opportunity to access such a site to get information and discuss OUR university...THE University of Louisiana...is priceless. Thanks for everything you do for us!!

    I have put a reminder in my calendar to make a contribution each quarter...and I encourage as many that can afford it to do the same.

    Geaux Turbine! Geaux Cajuns!!


    igeaux.mobi


  3. #3
    Hammer58's Avatar
    Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Tony Matto. Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    10,597

    Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

    Turb, will you be at the recruiting bash?


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    23,502
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Turb, will you be at the recruiting bash?
    Yes I hope to be there.

    The time of day is perfect for me.
    igeaux.mobi

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,629

    Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

    No problemo chief. Will do.

    igeaux.mobi


  6. #6
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

    Come on, guys. This deserves more attention than it is getting so far.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles
    Posts
    501

    Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

    I need an address. And, to whom should I make the check. I'll send $50.00. Forty-seven more like this and you are home free. Thank-you for your service, Thomas


  8. #8
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

    Quote Originally Posted by imperial cajun View Post
    _ I need an address. And, to whom should I make the check. I'll send $50.00. Forty-seven more like this and you are home free. Thank-you for your service, Thomas _
    There is a "DONATE" button to the top right of the RAGE-PAGE. If you want to send a check instead, I'm sure Turb has one to provide.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hue's Ton
    Posts
    2,921

    Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

    This feels like the semi-annual fundraisers that Public Radio stations hold, which I think is great. They offer a service to their listeners for free, and ask them to place an actual value on that service. For some people, asking them to pay for something that they can get for free is almost offensive. The fact is, the service is not free…they’re just allowing others to cover the cost of their entertainment.

    Judging by the number of online users during peak times, if every daily contributor/reader donated $20 to Ragin Pagin, the goal would easily be met. $20 might seem like a lot to some, but it’s less than $2 a month. Think about how much you use Ragin Pagin on a daily basis…how much information you take from Ragin Pagin…how much entertainment you get from Ragin Pagin…and put a value on that. Maybe it’s worth $.25 a day to you. Over the course of a year, that’s $91.25. If that’s something that you cannot afford, that’s OK, donate what you can. I’m not saying this to try to guilt anyone into donating something they cannot afford, but to help put the value of this website into a different perspective. If you think it’s worth the $.25 per day, but can’t afford the $100 up front, that’s no big deal. Make an initial donation that you’re comfortable with, and then do like Red and set up a reminder every quarter and reassess what you have available at that time. Perhaps that $100 annually becomes a goal for you and you pick up one less latte a week, or one less pack of smokes, or one less beer at a Cajuns game, so that you can meet your personal goal.

    There is a lot of work that goes into Ragin Pagin and very seldom has the site come to its readers asking for assistance. I feel confident that we’ll all step up to do what we can, not only to keep the site running and progressing, but also to show our appreciation for all of the hard work.

    I will also say that when you donate to PayPal, the recipient absorbs a $2 transaction fee. So, a $20 donation to Ragin Pagin becomes $18. Please consider this when determining your contribution.


  10. #10
    RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,768

    Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

    Thanks Turbine and to everyone who makes this site possible. Geaux Cajuns!


  11. #11
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,985

    Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

    Done, and thanks for all the work.


  12. #12
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    7,887

    Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

    The check will be in the mail shortly Turb. Just like RCAF, I'm doubling my donation from last year.


  13. #13
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

    I wonder if all those Techies and ULMers who peek on here from time to time will step up too. Come on guys, you shouldn't be trolling for free!!


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Thibodaux
    Posts
    69

    Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

    Thanks for the service---donation sent


  15. #15
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    20,506

    Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Over the past nine years we have tried to keep RaginPagin.com completely free and as the Ragin Pagin community has grown and is growing. For this we thank everyone who visits, posts and finds links to Ragin' Cajuns articles on the web, or just visits. That is what "Raging Paging" is all about.

    Keeping up with the web and providing a high volume server has become harder and harder to accomplish. Every day, more & more people from all over the world drop by to look for news on the University of Louisiana, the Ragin' Cajuns and the untold history of UL.

    One simple indicator of growing use is our internal search engine which has been accessed over three and a half million times since 2002. This does not count simple visits but is an indicator that the Rage Page archives are a useful tool to UL fans everywhere.

    As most of you know the site is in no way connected to, or endorsed by any school in the UL System, we receive no subsidy. Currently our fixed costs have dropped to $3200 a year.

    So for the third time ever (annually if possible) we are holding a donation type fund raiser. Our goal is to raise $2400, if we exceed that goal, Ragin Pagin will donate the surplus to UL Athletics. To keep track we will create a brick progress page. You can indicate if you wish to donate anonymously or have your member or real name (or business name) mentioned.

    Regardless of how close we come to reaching the goal we will continue to strive to make RaginPagin.com a hub to connect to everything Ragin' Cajuns on the web. We hope to continue doing research so we can be a good source for all info related to UL past present and future.

    To see how you can help click the donate button in the menu bar near the upper right side of the page.

    Thanks for your support.

    ps Please, do not send money you budgeted for RCAF. _
    Did you get mine

    I think I did it correctly but not sure!!!


  16. #16
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

    I told my wife I would cut her off till she donated. She just started laughing and walked away. What does that mean?

    igeaux.mobi


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I wonder if all those Techies and ULMers who peek on here from time to time will step up too. Come on guys, you shouldn't be trolling for free!!
    Hata's gone hate....,



    igeaux.mobi

  18. #18
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

    Hey... Mr. SportsNote...where is your $2?

    igeaux.mobi


  19. #19
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    7,887

    Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ I told my wife I would cut her off till she donated. She just started laughing and walked away. What does that mean?

    igeaux.mobi _
    You'll soon be CajunBlue.

  20. #20
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,164
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    _ You'll soon be CajunBlue. _
    Now that's funny right there.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •