_ _ _ _

Thread: Conference Reallignment

Default Conference Reallignment

The dominos may start to fall quicker than many thought regarding Conference Reallignment. It was reported this morning that the MWC is considering adding Boise State for a 10th member. Having several schools in the conference that are in the Top 20, i.e. Utah, Boise State, TCU, Brigham Young, might elevate that conference to BCS status as it would certainly exceed the Big East, at least that is their hope in doing this. What else might occur if this does happen?

Default Re: Conference Reallignment

What's you source?

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ What's you source? _
    why you wanna know?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    _ why you wanna know? _
    I have my reasons.

A man with a Horse?

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ What's you source? _

Houston Sports Talk Radio 610

Quote Originally Posted by derf View Post
    A man with a Horse? _
    A man called horse.

Seriously, I just wanted to know if his source was worth reading. Most of these "new conference" things are just some goof ball like me's idea of who should be in what conference.

I doubt this would actually happn. It's a bit of an anomaly that all those teams are ranked that highly in a single year. I agreed that the MWC would probably be stronger than the Big East, but the BCS has created a world of have and have-nots in college football. Because of this, I think the addition or subtraction of a single conference is highly unlikely. You'll see no change, the institution of a playoff system, or the inclusion of all conferences in the BCS first.

igeaux.mobi

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    _ I doubt this would actually happn. It's a bit of an anomaly that all those teams are ranked that highly in a single year. I agreed that the MWC would probably be stronger than the Big East, but the BCS has created a world of have and have-nots in college football. Because of this, I think the addition or subtraction of a single conference is highly unlikely. You'll see no change, the institution of a playoff system, or the inclusion of all conferences in the BCS first.

igeaux.mobi _
    They have been stronger than the Big East ever since the ACC raped them, with the exception of WVU. TCU, BYU, Utah and Air Force are all better than most Big East Schools.

I have no idea what the politics of the situation are as I do not follow the MWC very closely but it seems to me that Boise St is a no brainer for that conference. Heck, LaTex might be the next king of the hill in the WAC if they move on.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ The dominos may start to fall quicker than many thought regarding Conference Reallignment. It was reported this morning that the MWC is considering adding Boise State for a 10th member. Having several schools in the conference that are in the Top 20, i.e. Utah, Boise State, TCU, Brigham Young, might elevate that conference to BCS status as it would certainly exceed the Big East, at least that is their hope in doing this. What else might occur if this does happen? _

I do not see any way that they will remove the Big East from the BCS. This conference hasn't been as bad as many people think the past couple of years with WVU, Louisville, USF, Cincinnatti, UConn, and Pitt all having been ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I do not see any way that they will remove the Big East from the BCS. This conference hasn't been as bad as many people think the past couple of years with WVU, Louisville, USF, Cincinnatti, UConn, and Pitt all having been ranked. _

Why remove the Big East? Couldn't they just add the MWC as another BCS conference?

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Conference Reallignment

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ Houston Sports Talk Radio 610 _
    I love that station as when I was starting my trucking company I would listen to them and AM 870 out of New Orleans!! Two good stations! Kept me up many a trips!

We have to do on the playing fields the best we can and add to our facilities as much as we can as well as support our teams and programs as much as we can and maybe we will be in the shuffle and upgrade!