_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I don't know who:

Blog Entries

Default I don't know who:

the guy from Scout was that Bandit & Big dave had on this morning, but he made a statement which ____ed me right off. He was refering to Jacoby Briscoe's decision to go to Miami & mentioned that UL lost the "kid" to Miami. He went on to state that he was happy for the "kid" because he really wanted to play for a BCS school & was afraid that he would have to SETTLE for UL.

I made sure I wasn't hearing things. I got up, got to the phone, & gave the dreaded call. They weren't taking calls while this guy was on, so I called when he got off & asked who this guy was, where he was from, & how could he say that Bricoe choosing a school which is staring down the barrel of NCAA sanctions to the point of being given the death penalty could be better for the young man than playing for UL?

This guy may be a recruiting genius, but he doesn't understand a damn thing about right & wrong or the consequences of law breaking & it's ramifications.

Default Re: I don't know who:

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    the guy from Scout was that Bandit & Big dave had on this morning, but he made a statement which ____ed me right off. He was refering to Jacoby Briscoe's decision to go to Miami & mentioned that UL lost the "kid" to Miami. He went on to state that he was happy for the "kid" because he really wanted to play for a BCS school & was afraid that he would have to SETTLE for UL.

I made sure I wasn't hearing things. I got up, got to the phone, & gave the dreaded call. They weren't taking calls while this guy was on, so I called when he got off & asked who this guy was, where he was from, & how could he say that Bricoe choosing a school which is staring down the barrel of NCAA sanctions to the point of being given the death penalty could be better for the young man than playing for UL?

This guy may be a recruiting genius, but he doesn't understand a damn thing about right & wrong or the consequences of law breaking & it's ramifications.
    Welcome to being a fan of a mid major where the experts think a recruit playing for a BCS school under any circumstances is better than " settling" for a mid major. The sanctions against USC did not seem to hurt them and they won't hurt Miami very much either.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Did they tell you who he was?

Z.

CajunT is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Mike Coppage

I heard the guy too. When he said it I thought it was odd and it did aggravate me. I had to do something else and turned the radio off. I did hear them say that the Coppage guy was form New Iberia.

____ Mike Coppage... He is a purple and nacho cheese homer.

The more you win, the more hate you get from others. Get used to it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    Welcome to being a fan of a mid major where the experts think a recruit playing for a BCS school under any circumstances is better than " settling" for a mid major. The sanctions against USC did not seem to hurt them and they won't hurt Miami very much either.
    The reply I got when I called in about it was that I was just a sour grapes fan that was upset that this guy chose Miami over UL. My immediate response was if the guy had refered to FSU or North Carolina even they wouldn't be getting that call from me, even though my thinking might have been the same. It doesn't matter what Mark Emeritt said about never issuing death penalty again, he will have NO CHOICE in the Miami situation but to sanction their football program with the death penalty.

I don't know how many people have kept up with the goings on concerning the massive improprieties at the "U", but it makes any other violations & criminal offenses committed by any other school in the history of college sports pale in comparrison ( save what else may be unearthed about Penn. St.). Someone with a sense of responsibility in a position of trust should have sat down with this "kid" & explained to him that the only reason the NCAA hasn't begun its investigation into the University of Miami's criminal enterprise is because the USDOJ hasn't finished with its mountain of indictments & plea bargains against the school's administration, YET.

Mike Coppage covers recruiting and I haven't heard him or read anything from him that makes me think he pulls for any specific school. While he does favor "BCS" schools in his analysis, he's always been honest with me about the kids he scouts. One day, we will have someone like Mike that covers baseball recruiting like he does for football throughout the entire southeastern region.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Mike Coppage covers recruiting and I haven't heard him or read anything from him that makes me think he pulls for any specific school. While he does favor "BCS" schools in his analysis, he's always been honest with me about the kids he scouts. One day, we will have someone like Mike that covers baseball recruiting like he does for football throughout the entire southeastern region.
    No thank you...he can crawl up TigerSportsDigests ___ and die.

Aside from that comment, which most non mid-major fans would make he has been very complimentary of us.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Aside from that comment, which most non mid-major fans would make he has been very complimentary of us.
    Just sucking up to us to try and get a bigger name for himself. I suspected he had ulterior motives and now he just proved it. The guy is a scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    No thank you...he can crawl up TigerSportsDigests ___ and die.
    Hawk, there is a fine line between being a fan of a school (like us) and helping players get recruited in order to help their future. In what I do, I talk to baseball coaches throughout the entire southeastern USA in hopes that they offer my kids the opportunity to attend college, which they won't have on their own. I follow Mike and he is a great asset to our region and high school athletes who want to be recruitied.

Hawk, there is a fine line between being a fan of a school (like us) and helping players get recruited in order to help their future. In what I do, I talk to baseball coaches throughout the entire southeastern USA in hopes that they offer my kids the opportunity to attend college, which they won't have on their own. I follow Mike and he is a great asset to our region and high school athletes who want to be recruitied.
    Then why make that comment? Who is he helping by making that comment other than his own wants and needs?

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Mike Coppage used to post on tigerdroppings under the name Mr. Clean, he's notorious for being a roid head with serious anger issues.

Then why make that comment? Who is he helping by making that comment other than his own wants and needs?
    He's driving people to his site, the same thing I do when I promote my baseball academy. I know you are smarter than that and shouldn't have to actually say it.

He's driving people to his site, the same thing I do when I promote my baseball academy. I know you are smarter than that and shouldn't have to actually say it.
    So making comments like that will get us UL fans, who are in his coverage area, to go to his site? I think he was speaking off the cuff and showed his true colors...purple and nacho cheese.

So making comments like that will get us UL fans, who are in his coverage area, to go to his site? I think he was speaking off the cuff and showed his true colors...purple and nacho cheese.
    Yes Hawk, everyone who ever says anything that doesn't favor UL is working on LSU being the Flagship School of the Nation!

Yes Hawk, everyone who ever says anything that doesn't favor UL is working on LSU being the Flagship School of the Nation!
    The proof is in the pudding. The guy has one love...and it's LSU. But he isn't the LSU guy. So he will step over anyone and anything to get there. I don't wanna be stepped on. You can lie down and take it but I won't.

Blog Entries

I understand your point of view & position. I have a son that is soon to be recruiting age & don't wish to make enemies with anyone who would be in a position to help him be promoted as a football player, but I sure as hell wouldn't respect anyone who took the POV that a school looking down the barrel of huge precident setting NCAA punishment would be a better place for my son to go, than a respectable D-1 universtiy on the upswing. If he cares as much about the kid as the radio personality made out then he sould be enough of a friend to explain the pain train that is heading for the U's station.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast