_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Starting, Not Starting, Starting Slow, Starting Fast

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brownsville, TX
    Posts
    2,153

    Default Starting, Not Starting, Starting Slow, Starting Fast

    Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    and the knock that Bustle kept on him was his lack of knowledge of the playbook, but the guy seemed to know a more complex playbook pretty well last season.
    Well that's because Rickey was racist.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    12,308

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Slow start? If gauthier had started any faster he would have had to a rocket strapped to his behind. I told yall in Spring practice he was the best QB we had by far. But NOOOOooooo, nobody listened to the smart ellick Know-it-all. This job is Blaine's as long as he's here because he has something that makes some players different from others. No one can push Blaine as hard as Blaine can push himself. BTW, I was absolutely 1,000,000 per cent right about how well he could throw the ball. Or did that just magically happen as he was coached into it throughout the season?

    You have to be kidding me. Give me a break. He started poorly and could not distance himself from Masson and if you actually watched games, you would have seen this. People complained about his touch, especially on short throws and Blaine struggled as did the rest of the offense. I don't know how hard it is to see this.

  3. #3
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    Yeah...Blaine started real fast. Just took him 4 games to do it. :-)


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    274
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    Name:  not-sure-if-troll-or-just-very-stupid.jpg.png
Views: 169
Size:  199.4 KB

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    Well that's because Rickey was racist.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    12,308

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Yeah...Blaine started real fast. Just took him 4 games to do it. :-)

    Thanks. It just shows how much this guy really paid attention to this team last year but yet can make crazy statements

  6. #6
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,164
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Thanks. It just shows how much this guy really paid attention to this team last year but yet can make crazy statements
    No, zephyr... No. Hud was just stupid and didn't realize which QB was the clear starter. And our WRs sucked when Blaine was playing with them in the early going... and then just stopped sucking all of the sudden... and started catching his passes. It was a miracle. It had nothing to do with what any of us said. And, it had nothing to do with what Coach Hud and staff knew through direct observation and correction... with good coaching.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,037

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    Quote Originally Posted by that guy View Post
    Name:  not-sure-if-troll-or-just-very-stupid.jpg.png
Views: 169
Size:  199.4 KB
    Or your sarcasm filter is broken

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    274
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Or your sarcasm filter is broken
    apparently yours is or you would have taken the picture as a joke as it was meant to be

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,037

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    Quote Originally Posted by that guy View Post
    apparently yours is or you would have taken the picture as a joke as it was meant to be
    Nice leap of logic you did there, because if it in fact was I wouldn't have gotten the original joke.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,119
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    No, zephyr... No. Hud was just stupid and didn't realize which QB was the clear starter. And our WRs sucked when Blaine was playing with them in the early going... and then just stopped sucking all of the sudden... and started catching his passes. It was a miracle. It had nothing to do with what any of us said. And, it had nothing to do with what Coach Hud and staff knew through direct observation and correction... with good coaching.
    OK i give up. Once again you guys are right on the head & I'm a buffoon. I mean how could I have been paying attention when you guys said some dudes who I don't even think are on the team any more at WR were going to be the starters. If my recollection is correct Lawson, Surgent, & Peoples especially were hardly on the field to start the season out. Why? Not because HUD didn't recognize absolutely who the best players were, but because he was dealing with a fan base consisting of mostly Bustle supporters, like yourselves who would have eaten him alive if he had done everything he wanted to to start out & it didn't go quite as well as he planned. As I recall, neither of your ilk supported the move of Gautier into the starting line up well into the season. Of course I wasn't paying any attention mind you. You may not like my observations, or the fact I have the nerve to state the truth, but that is part of the reality of college football.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    23,502
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    McGuire had the best visible preseason in 2009

    Blaine Gautier had the best spring game in 2010.

    Spring 2011 brought on the predictions.


  12. #12
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,164
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    OK i give up. Once again you guys are right on the head & I'm a buffoon. I mean how could I have been paying attention when you guys said some dudes who I don't even think are on the team any more at WR were going to be the starters. If my recollection is correct Lawson, Surgent, & Peoples especially were hardly on the field to start the season out. Why? Not because HUD didn't recognize absolutely who the best players were, but because he was dealing with a fan base consisting of mostly Bustle loving morons er supporters, like yourselves who would have eaten him alive if he had done everything he wanted to to start out & it didn't go quite as well as he planned. As I recall, neither of your ilk supported the move of Gautier into the starting line up well into the season. Of course I wasn't paying any attention mind you. You may nolt like my observations, or the fact I have the nerve to state the truth, but that is part of the reality of college football.
    Bustle-loving moron? Look jackass, I was the biggest voice for upgrading to exactly a Mark Hudspeth resume coach. Go back and read before you spout off. You wouldn't know because you conveniently jumped on the bandwagon as the rest of "my ilk" helped improve the situation. And no, you bloviating piehole, you don't have the Gautier argument correct. Bustle recruited the young man first of all. I was the biggest advocate of that signing. Go back and read that. Blaine graduated into the starting role exactly as he should have. Oh, and I have "the nerve" not only to tell you you're FOS, I'll also take it up with you in person.

  13. #13
    CharlieK is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    OK i give up. ll.
    We can always hope.

    You weren't the only one who thought Blaine should start, just like you weren't the only one who thought LSU would win the other night. You looking for a prize? Jeez get over yourself man.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,119
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Bustle-loving moron? Look jackass, I was the biggest voice for upgrading to exactly a Mark Hudspeth resume coach. Go back and read before you spout off. You wouldn't know because you conveniently jumped on the bandwagon as the rest of "my ilk" helped improve the situation. And no, you bloviating piehole, you don't have the Gautier argument correct. Bustle recruited the young man first of all. I was the biggest advocate of that signing. Go back and read that. Blaine graduated into the starting role exactly as he should have. Oh, and I have "the nerve" not only to tell you you're FOS, I'll also take it up with you in person.
    oooooooo I'm scared now. I'll accept the fact I bloviate. I'll also accept the fact I was right aboout Blaine. Now do you accpet the fact you're AT LEAST every bit as FOS as me? Because if you don't you're every bit as delusional as you've accused me of being over the last year. & BTW, I look forward to our meeting in person whether you come as a friend, frienemy, or plain old adversary. Just don't let your mouth write a check your ___ can't cash.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    255

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    @bandwagon king
    @just1more

    I'll rent you fella's my boxing equip if y'all want to square off? everyone is to tense. A pretty good thread was derailed because people have different views and opinions, it happens thats what makes sports forums enjoyable. But it seems to me that we as a Fan base are to quick to start slinging punches at our own.


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    3,077

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Just don't let your mouth write a check your ___ can't cash.
    I'm having fun with replacing certain words with the "____"

    A raginpagin Mad Gab of sorts!

  17. #17
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,164
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    oooooooo I'm scared now. I'll accept the fact I bloviate. I'll also accept the fact I was right aboout Blaine. Now do you accpet the fact you're AT LEAST every bit as FOS as me? Because if you don't you're every bit as delusional as you've accused me of being over the last year. & BTW, I look forward to our meeting in person whether you come as a friend, frienemy, or plain old adversary. Just don't let your mouth write a check your ___ can't cash.
    I can cash that check... big time.

    And if I thought I had argued with you about Blaine, maybe I could say whether you were right or not. I'm one of the people that first heralded Blaine on here when we recruited him. I know his biggest high school advocates from Lutcher. Bustle signed the young man, so accusing Bustle of not knowing what Blaine could or couldn't do is stupid. Then, I can guarantee you that your comment that Hudspeth and his staff somehow didn't want to offend Cajun fans and played guys that they wouldn't have otherwise... is another dumb comment. Hudspeth and staff were the ones working out both Blaine and Chris to start the year. Chris has never been the crowd favorite, so that is a bunch of nonsense as well. The only comments by me were about how Blaine needed better touch on his passes... especially medium to short. The staff worked with him and gave him substantial workouts with the starting unit receiving corps. There is no doubt that progression into this season made all of the difference in the world with Blaine. You constantly write this other junk that nobody even talked about.

    And as far as the Cajun fanbase that existed before you came on board... it was and is made up of all kinds of people. Who are you accusing of being "Bustle-lovers" and people that "didn't want to win" and all of that nonsense? I'm a very very very loud and aggressive person when it comes to sports. You've never been around me, and don't have a clue how I'm wired. I'm as nice as they come, and I'm as badass as they come.

    I can't even comprehend half of your posts. You start out like a good fired up Cajun fan... and then you go off on some attack of someone on here. You fight everybody on here like you don't like what you say getting criticized... then you write some childish thing welcoming it... then you call people names... then write some BS about being called names. I've never called you anything other than teasing you until you started making these insulting comments where you included me.

    I'm not saying I don't get a kick out of you being around. Lord knows half your brain is wired right... and the other half is a tangled up mess. But, let's meet up and I'll let you decide whether you want me as an enemy.

  18. #18
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,164
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    Quote Originally Posted by ULshooter2491 View Post
    @bandwagon king
    @just1more

    I'll rent you fella's my boxing equip if y'all want to square off? everyone is to tense. A pretty good thread was derailed because people have different views and opinions, it happens thats what makes sports forums enjoyable. But it seems to me that we as a Fan base are to quick to start slinging punches at our own.
    I could care less about differences in opinion. That's all cool. That is not what Kyle has been doing.

    Oh, and I am a boxer.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    12,308

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    Gautier didn't start fast because through the first 3 games, he only started and had significant playing time once. And that was against OK State. He did not have that good of a game but still, it was the first game of the season, with a new coaching staff, and against a very good team. He did not start the next game against Kent State but did come in toward the end and he moved the offense down the field (which wasn't a field, it was a pool of mud) to win the game. He didn't start against Nicholls st. We played very bad at first and Nicholls state was never out of the game until Gautier came in late in the game (again) and sealed the deal which included a very long passing touchdown. He started the next game vs FIU and our offense took off from there. So tell me, other than the one game against a top 5 team, when did he play poorly? When he was put on the field, he made plays. When he finally got to start against a team more on our level, he did amazing.

    Tell me how I suggested that he played poorly. There is a difference in playing bad and just taking time to hit your mark per se. Blaine played tremendous the final 9 games of the season counting the bowl game but had he played like that the first few games, we wouldn't have had a QB uncertainty like we did. That is all I was saying. BK suggested that he came out guns blazing from the get go and that was not the case.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    451

    Default Re: QB competition for the ages...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    OK i give up. Once again you guys are right on the head & I'm a buffoon. I mean how could I have been paying attention when you guys said some dudes who I don't even think are on the team any more at WR were going to be the starters. If my recollection is correct Lawson, Surgent, & Peoples especially were hardly on the field to start the season out. Why? Not because HUD didn't recognize absolutely who the best players were, but because he was dealing with a fan base consisting of mostly Bustle supporters, like yourselves who would have eaten him alive if he had done everything he wanted to to start out & it didn't go quite as well as he planned. As I recall, neither of your ilk supported the move of Gautier into the starting line up well into the season. Of course I wasn't paying any attention mind you. You may not like my observations, or the fact I have the nerve to state the truth, but that is part of the reality of college football.
    Dude you are a buffoon, between Mason and Gautier combined for 169 yards passing against OSU, Lawson, Peoples and Surgent accounted for 121 of those yards.

    In the Kent game it only rained 4 feet with an 1 1/2 hour rain delay, both qbs combined for a staggering 46 yards passing, Lawson and Surgent combined for 37 yards and Peoples and Green did not play.

    Gautier and Mason looked like ____ in both of those games. Gautier turned it on in the Nichols game and never looked back.

    Even with Peoples not playing in the Kent game, those three receivers accounted for the majority of the receiving yards in the first two games. All the stats are there for anyone to find. Google is your friend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •