Thread: Can an admin or someone

Default Can an admin or someone

Start a sub form for all the LSU stuff here? It seems like we are getting 3 to 5 new LSU threads a day. It'd be easier to keep up with them and keep'em out of the general forum for us that just want to read UL stuff.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Can an admin ro someone

Thanks I have been thinking about a solution to this.

In the days leading up to the BCS NC I would wake up at 230am with a new thread along the lines of know your place. Because of the hateful nature and because they were started by first time ever posters, I deleted 90% of them. I rook away Wrangler64 thjread starting ability bu you saw in the days leading up to the game his participaion in threads.

I was hoping it was only due to the spotlight of the gamem but since then we have sort of had the opposite problem.

I am working on a solution that won't stop posters from posting their thoughts and experiences, but also won't let those threads stay on the RagePage.

It may take me a few . . .

Thanks for the suggestion.

Any others?

You could appoint 3 or 4 regular posters (anonymously) as "Admins" and give them the administrative rights to move posts from one forum to another, delete posts, edit inappropriate posts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Thanks I have been thinking about a solution to this.

In the days leading up to the BCS NC I would wake up at 230am with a new thread along the lines of know your place. Because of the hateful nature and because they were started by first time ever posters, I deleted 90% of them. I rook away Wrangler64 thjread starting ability bu you saw in the days leading up to the game his participaion in threads.

I was hoping it was only due to the spotlight of the gamem but since then we have sort of had the opposite problem.

I am working on a solution that won't stop posters from posting their thoughts and experiences, but also won't let those threads stay on the RagePage.

It may take me a few . . .

Thanks for the suggestion.

Any others?
    Thanks for your diligence, Turbine! I think it is good to allow dissenting comments, but when they are just rambling attacks or blatant drive-bys, they need to be blocked. I appreciate all that you do for keeping this site fairly respectable. Occasionally it gets a little out there, but in an open forum, sometimes you get a little riff-raff commentary.

should just start an area called the trash pile and move all the lsu junk there

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    should just start an area called the trash pile and move all the lsu junk there
    Yeah, the LSU forum I post on has an area called "The Sidelines" that is for trash talk threads... Unfortunately they are very selective in what they move there... but it is a good idea for this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    Yeah, the LSU forum I post on has an area called "The Sidelines" that is for trash talk threads... Unfortunately they are very selective in what they move there... but it is a good idea for this forum.
    I mean trash as in garbage I don't want to read about ...not as in trash talk

Default Re: Can an admin or someone

trash. i am all for it as long as anything i say is never trash.