Thread: LSU A&M Recruiting

Default LSU A&M Recruiting

Does anyone think the recent twitter and Facebook incidents with Jordan Jefferson may affect State's recruiting? I'm just inclined to believe kids will be turned off by the crap they see get dumped on players...in, around, and by Refineryville.

Default Re: LSU A&M Recruiting

I would think watching the NC game, either in person or on tv, and hearing the booing by their "fans" would have a substantial impact.

Just not sure if it is enough to change someone's mind.

Let's ask Landon Collins mom.

LSU will still be able to sign every single recruit in Louisiana that they want. Until someone in the state can compete with them for at least some Louisiana recruits, LSU will remain stacked with talent. I don't even remember the last time UL (or anybody else in Louisiana) beat out LSU for a recruit.

For every instance that you saw in the NC game which was unfortunate for LSU, you have kids who had their minds made up a long time ago when visiting Tiger Stadium and soaking in that atmosphere which was probably overwhelming for a lot of 17 year old kids who probably grew up liking LSU in the first place. The NC game will not have as much of an impact as I would hope for and I don't see them technically losing any recruits because of it

Don't see them losing any Louisiana kids, but maybe one or two out of staters. Maybe. It might have a slight negative impact down the road, as some of the younger ones absorb that.

They will still get top notch recruits

Umm, lsu has lost at least two top notch LA recruits to Bama.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Not that it should concern us... the answer is "yes"... that game hurt them recruiting-wise. It will not cost them a state recruit to an instate school. It will cost them a national level recruit, instate or out of state, to another program. Regardless, they will still recruit one of the best recruiting classes in the country. Had they played a respectable game against BAMA, they would have picked up 2-4 recruits that they will not now.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    I'm pretty sure both of those guys committed before the BCSNC game. At least Landon Collins did. I don't know the other one you're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    Those guys committed prior to the game. 3 of the top 5 in Bama are committed to FSU. The concept of a "fence" around a state has died with the rise of social media.

LSU is gonna have to up their "handshakes" with recruits. $10,000 can only get you 4 stars right now. Gotta open up that wallet for 5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    LSU is gonna have to up their "handshakes" with recruits. $10,000 can only get you 4 stars right now. Gotta open up that wallet for 5 stars.
    No doubt this stuff happens. I have a buddy at LSU that says all the football players have Dodge Chargers. It happens at all the big schools.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    No doubt this stuff happens. I have a buddy at LSU that says all the football players have Dodge Chargers. It happens at all the big schools.
    Leased vehicles...hard to trace. Bet Gunner Keil is getting a Corvette.

should we move this thread to tigerdropping? how about we start walking the walk fellas?

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    should we move this thread to tigerdropping? how about we start walking the walk fellas?
    We need leased vehicles for the players?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    We need leased vehicles for the players?
    I know of a local player (back a few years) who committed to one of the "big time" schools up north, and all of a sudden had a new Ford Mustang. He then changed his commitment to (and signed with) A&M. He no longer had the mustang. A&M must not have been a Ford school at that time.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Jesus Christ! Can we go 1 week without a damn LSU thread? What they do has very little bearing on what happens here in Lafayette!

We sound just like the McNeese fans, always talking about someone else besides us!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Jesus Christ! Can we go 1 week without a damn LSU thread? What they do has very little bearing on what happens here in Lafayette!

We sound just like the McNeese fans, always talking about someone else besides us!
    The OP was asking about the effects of Monday's game, and how the ensuing crap-storm would affect LSU's recruiting. If it were to affect it, wouldn't that have some bearing on kids that may end up here instead? Maybe not, but it could, therefore this particular thread could be relevant to the Cajuns. And since this whole thing is becoming a national story, is it out of line to discuss it on a sports-related message board?

I see that you're a bit ticked off about it, but what sometimes ticks me off is when people get upset about other people discussing things that they want to discuss. If you don't want to discuss it, read and comment on a different thread. I'm not trying to be a smart-butt, but why can't people discuss topics that you don't approve of, without being labeled something belittling, like a McNeese fan?

I'm a UL grad, have been a season ticket holder in football, baseball, and basketball, and have attended games in all three for 30+ years. My (or anyone else's) wanting to discuss something other than what you may want to discuss in no way makes me any less of a Ragin Cajun fan. With national signing day still a couple of weeks away, outside of men's hoops, there really is nothing else to talk about right now anyway, that is completely UL related.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

Easy way to relieve your stress... Don't read it....