Thread: Clemson

Default Clemson

Watching the Orange Bowl and note the following similarities between Clemson and LSU:

Both teams called Tigers
    Both stadiums called Death Valley
    Both fight songs are Hold That Tiger
    Both spell out T I G E R by their fans as part of their fight songs
    Both schools have purple in their colors

Which school copied the other?

Interesting that no one complains about the identical traditions or that one school stole them from the other. It would be really interesting to see an LSU vs. Clemson game. Couldn't tell who scored except for the different uniforms.

Yet many are quick to dismiss us as UL because Louisville is UL saying there can't be two. Never mind the other multiple schools named UT, OSU, UM, or USC.

Default Re: Clemson

LSU a bunch of copy cats

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Watching the Orange Bowl and note the following similarities between Clemson and LSU:

Both teams called Tigers

Interesting that no one complains about the identical traditions or that one school stole them from the other. It would be really interesting to see an LSU vs. Clemson game. Couldn't tell who scored except for the different uniforms.

Yet many are quick to dismiss us as UL because Louisville is UL saying there can't be two. Never mind the other multiple schools named UT, OSU, UM, or USC.
    I was invited to, and attended a Peach Bowl game in the mid 90s where LSU and Clemson played each other (awful game, 10-7 LSU). It was bizarre. There was some kind of dual pep rally type thing for both teams where each school's bands would take turns playing, and they would play the same songs. Everyone was yelling "Go Tigers!". Strangest thing I've ever seen. The people I met from Clemson were extremely nice, and seemed to have a good time. There also was some friendly banter about who had the "real" Death Valley. Fortunately, most of the folks I was with arent the typical LSU fans, and it was a good time.

I flipped channels for a minute, WV is up on Clemson 49 to 20 at the half, Wow. 5 tds in a quarter??

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by The Source View Post
    I flipped channels for a minute, WV is up on Clemson 49 to 20 at the half, Wow. 5 tds in a quarter??
    Turnovers are killing Clemson. The damn really started to break open when down by a score, Clemson drove down inside the WVU 5 for a first and goal. Clemson ran the ball and as the ball carrier went down on his back on top of a pile of his team mates just short of the goal line WVU stripped him of the ball and ran it back the other way for a TD. It's just been downhill for Clemson since then.

Both teams called Tigers

And LSU beat Clemson 7 - 0 to win their first National Championship in 1958.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    LSU a bunch of copy cats
    They stole 'Geaux' from us just as they probably stole everything from Clemson.

Who played tonight??

Quote Originally Posted by The Source View Post
    In a pre-game interview, the Clemson coach was asked about scoring. He said his team would be rembered moreso for its defense tonight. Don't think he meant it that way.

In a pre-game interview, the Clemson coach was asked about scoring. He said his team would be rembered moreso for its defense tonight. Don't think he meant it that way.
    70-26 with 5 mins left. Ouch!

70-26 with 5 mins left. Ouch!
    That's what happens when these teams from "smaller" conferences play the "big boys"... They ought to know better than than to schedule these games. Oh, wait ... what? This isn't an SBC/WAC/MAC team? Nevermind .... (in my best Emily Litella voice)