Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: What makes CUSA so attractive?

Default Re: What makes CUSA so attractive?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You get better coverage in Monroe too! LOL!!!
    No no no.. MLU is Monroe's Airport identifier. I wasn't talking about the school.

I think even Tulane gets better coverage than ULM in monroe.. I'm not old enough to be around when Northeast and Tech was a big deal, so I just kinda feel bad for them.

I was in the Academy in West Monroe on Wednesday. All LSU with a pinch of ULM and a pinch of Tech. 30 ULM hats maybe, less Tch and about the same amount in shirts. It was kind of shocking compared with the amount of UL stuff at academy in Lafayette.

Now that UL has a radio affiliate in Shreveport, maybe we should try to claim part of that market as well! HaHaHa!!!

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by LATechDawgs View Post
    Re: Season ticket sales.

I think the number currently sits between 6k-7k. Since 2008, we have had increases of around 4% year-over-year. This past season saw an increase of 400 new season ticket *holders*, although I'm not sure whether or not they purchased one ticket or more.

Every 5000 season tickets sold equates to about $600,000 in the bank, which allows us to avoid a money game. 12k season tickets is the goal, which would mean we would chop the second money game. This is why single game tickets pale in comparison to season tickets. You can budget around season tickets, but not around rain or natural disasters affecting single game sales.
    I was just wondering about that. That # is about what I expected you had. We were at between 10,000 and 11,000 last year; I expect that we will sell close to 15,000 this season.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

VOB---I had posted this before but got no response/respect

With the B-ball last year with an 8K game and some other biggies, Baseball and softball their usual self and the unreal jump in the football revenue in ticket sales, concessions, and gear

-What would our year have looked like money wise

-I realize that the budget is July to June!!!!

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Boomer, I am figuring that ticket revenue was up About $200,000 in hoops last season over the prior one and up about $700,000 or so in football this fall over last. Call it a round million in increased ticket sales.

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Boomer, I am figuring that ticket revenue was up About $200,000 in hoops last season over the prior one and up about $700,000 or so in football this fall over last. Call it a round million in increased ticket sales.
    And if we would raise ticket prices to where they should be we could have tripled that amount.

I agree, Tony. No reason I should be able to buy the seats I have for football for $200 each. That should be at least $300. Where you sit should be at least $200, if not more. And the increase should come in ticket price, NOT RCC fees. That way you get more revenue on walk up sales, too.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I agree, Tony. No reason I should be able to buy the seats I have for football for $200 each. That should be at least $300. Where you sit should be at least $200, if not more. And the increase should come in ticket price, NOT RCC fees. That way you get more revenue on walk up sales, too.
    Yes, it has to be in ticket prices. I've beat this horse before and I'll do it again, but considering the price I had to pay for goal line seats with generally poor sight lines at both Arizona and Oklahoma State our tickets are woefully underpriced.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Be careful guys with the laws of supply and demand and price---With that said, we must increase prices

- but having been/being in sales, lets not over reach the true demand of our product!!!! Interesting post about the number of season ticket sales and the # of people actually buying them---Having t-gated for so long --what do the non t-gaters do??? I guess they just walk around--buy beer listen to music---Is there food outside for them???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Be careful guys with the laws of supply and demand and price---With that said, we must increase prices

- but having been/being in sales, lets not over reach the true demand of our product!!!! Interesting post about the number of season ticket sales and the # of people actually buying them---Having t-gated for so long --what do the non t-gaters do??? I guess they just walk around--buy beer listen to music---Is there food outside for them???

Boomer, people made that same argument regarding charging for tailgating spots. Gloom and doom was predicted along with a desolately empty Cajun Field lot. Quite the opposite occurred with all spots sold within a couple of days and a waiting list still in effect. Prices have increased and lot sizes decreased with no I'll effect on the demand. If we cannot raise prices now after a great, successful season capped with a bowl win when can we increase ticket prices?

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Boomer, people made that same argument regarding charging for tailgating spots. Gloom and doom was predicted along with a desolately empty Cajun Field lot. Quite the opposite occurred with all spots sold within a couple of days and a waiting list still in effect. Prices have increased and lot sizes decreased with no I'll effect on the demand. If we cannot raise prices now after a great, successful season capped with a bowl win when can we increase ticket prices?
    I'll gladly pay substantially more for my season tickets for the upcoming season. Same goes for the tailgate spot.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    I'll gladly pay substantially more for my season tickets for the upcoming season. Same goes for the tailgate spot.

Z
    Same here...

I will pay more too. As a matter of fact I added a seat this year for 2 reasons. 1) Hud told me to, 2) my section was almost sold out a the spring game, when they marked the available seats and I didn't want some fat _____ all up in my grill.

Quote Originally Posted by The Source View Post
    I will pay more too. As a matter of fact I added a seat this year for 2 reasons. 1) Hud told me to, 2) my section was almost sold out a the spring game, when they marked the available seats and I didn't want some fat _____ all up in my grill.
    Hey...watch it...me and my portly brethren watch football too.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11