_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Alonzo Harris...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Iberia
    Posts
    1,496

    Default Alonzo Harris...

    Oh you know just 189 yards and 2 TDs!! to think he was recruited as a FB. This guy is an animal! Sooo happy he is just a freshman!!!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    lafayette LA
    Posts
    3,656

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    Dude is a monster, and Qyen Griffen is also absolutely a beast, but the funny part with both of them is that they both run in a similar style. Both big guys, run between the tackles, and will plow people over. I think if they get a tandem nickname, they should be Smash and Bash.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    323

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    Any word on when Griffen will be back??


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,039
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    Oh you know just 189 yards and 2 TDs!! to think he was recruited as a FB. This guy is an animal! Sooo happy he is just a freshman!!!
    I'm thinking he was recruited as a FB by everyone but the HUD. I can see the HUD in the family living room last January, telling Mom & Dad, "I'm gonna let Jr. compete for a job when & where he wants. All I ask is total dedication & responsible action on & off the field. What daya say young man? Want to be a Ragin Cajun?"

    "Where do I sign coach?"....... Case closed by the HUD!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Meaux, La.
    Posts
    405

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I'm thinking he was recruited as a FB by everyone but the HUD. I can see the HUD in the family living room last January, telling Mom & Dad, "I'm gonna let Jr. compete for a job when & where he wants. All I ask is total dedication & responsible action on & off the field. What daya say young man? Want to be a Ragin Cajun?"

    "Where do I sign coach?"....... Case closed by the HUD!
    Alonzo had offers from UL, Florida State, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Louisville, Southern Miss, Memphis, and had interest from Auburn. If I remember correctly, he was a Florida State commit, and backed out and committed to UL after HUD got a hold of him. I remember thinking, this is HUGE. I also remember bashers replied on my face book that if he turned down those schools, then he is an idiot and UL will always be a (insert derogatory word here). Now those dumbasses can eat s&*T!!! HUD is taking this school and team to a new level, and I'm enjoying the hell out of the ride!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    440

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    Yeah Harris was rated #2 fullback in the country, but HUD said I will give you a chance to win the starting RB position, that had to be what happened. When was the last tme any sport at UL signed the #2 player in the country at his position? Maybe softball with Brignac.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarine81 View Post
    Alonzo had offers from UL, Florida State, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Louisville, Southern Miss, Memphis, and had interest from Auburn. If I remember correctly, he was a Florida State commit, and backed out and committed to UL after HUD got a hold of him. I remember thinking, this is HUGE. I also remember bashers replied on my face book that if he turned down those schools, then he is an idiot and UL will always be a (insert derogatory word here). Now those dumbasses can eat s&*T!!! HUD is taking this school and team to a new level, and I'm enjoying the hell out of the ride!!!
    I remember him being a Kentucky commit, then Louisville commit, then LOUISIANA commit...i dont remember Fl. state in the mix.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,482
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    Last night he was committed to the RUN .


  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,104

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    Next year we add the Flash.... who is the kid from New Iberia or somewhere near by that is a burner as a RB... Add that and the running game (4 returning OL next year) should be awesome for years to come


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Next year we add the Flash.... who is the kid from New Iberia or somewhere near by that is a burner as a RB... Add that and the running game (4 returning OL next year) should be awesome for years to come
    We do have montrel Carter redshirting this year....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Carencro
    Posts
    921

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    We do have montrel Carter redshirting this year....
    And if he gained any weight this year, he will be legit.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    230

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    Serious credit to the O-line in last night's win... Multiple times Harris was nearly 10 yards down field before being touched! I know MT's run defense is really bad, but hopefully we can continue run the ball successfully, cause if ULM has to start creeping their safeties up... they are TOAST!


  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,700

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    He is like Brandon Jacobs. Just a big big man who can run...all over you.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,440

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    We do have montrel Carter redshirting this year....
    I'm pretty sure Montrel is gonna be a slot WR here

  15. #15
    Hammer58's Avatar
    Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Tony Matto. Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    10,597

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    Quote Originally Posted by jjlouv View Post
    Serious credit to the O-line in last night's win... Multiple times Harris was nearly 10 yards down field before being touched! I know MT's run defense is really bad, but hopefully we can continue run the ball successfully, cause if ULM has to start creeping their safeties up... they are TOAST!
    Yes, good job O-line. You guys redeemed yourselves from last week. Way to man up!

    Also, the downfield blocking by our WR is one area of great improvement this year. And how about that downfield block by McGuire on Blaine's TD run?!!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,440

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Yes, good job O-line. You guys redeemed yourselves from last week. Way to man up!

    Also, the downfield blocking by our WR is one area of great improvement this year. And how about that downfield block by McGuire on Blaine's TD run?!!
    I don't know if its been said yet but just in case it hasn't, great job by the whole team on limiting penalties. especially personal fouls. I dont think we had one

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,922

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Yes, good job O-line. You guys redeemed yourselves from last week. Way to man up!

    Also, the downfield blocking by our WR is one area of great improvement this year. And how about that downfield block by McGuire on Blaine's TD run?!!

    Here here, good job to all. That said, I must admit that I was concerned that McGuire's block might be called for a block in the back.

    Shows how little I know.

  18. #18
    Hammer58's Avatar
    Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Tony Matto. Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    10,597

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Here here, good job to all. That said, I must admit that I was concerned that McGuire's block might be called for a block in the back.

    Shows how little I know.
    It was close but he got his head across in front of the defender so it was legal.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,041

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarine81 View Post
    I also remember bashers replied on my face book that if he turned down those schools, then he is an idiot and UL will always be a (insert derogatory word here). Now those dumbasses can eat s&*T!!! HUD is taking this school and team to a new level, and I'm enjoying the hell out of the ride!!!
    Lovin' this right here! eat ###t , haters!

  20. #20
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,071
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Alonzo Harris...

    Back to Alonzo... seriously nice game. I love the way this guy runs. He has a lot of vision and patience to go along with his athleticism. We are going to be blessed for years to come. The OL did a great job last night as well. Our D stepped up huge. What a rebound from the WKU game!


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •