_ _ _ _

Thread: USA Today Gives Some Love

Default USA Today Gives Some Love

Default Re: USA Today Gives Some Love

BTW, I play with the headlines to find out what people look at on ultoday. Sometimes I deliberately don't mention something big here, to see if people will find it.

If they don't, then I'll mention something else in headlines, to see if people read through the other headlines.

Is no one interested in the announcement of the C-USA/MWC football merger? Or was it already discussed here, and I missed it?

6 weeks ago, I wouldn't have given UL much of a shot of filling any open slots in C-USA.

Today, with the W's and the attendance-- not to mention the academics-- I think we're the front runner.

DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

You must have missed it, Dr Fun. With all of the winning going on around here, it didn't attract much interest. Frontrunner? I don't know about that, but our profile has to be a lot higher than it was a few weeks ago.

Here's another plug by ESPN. Leading off the article, no less.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...wind-non-aqs-3

Blog Entries

Cusa is nice.....not the current focus. With tech sucking big time I'm sure its a hot topic on their board. Sucking would also apply to what they would do willingly to be invited to cusa.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    You must have missed it, Dr Fun. With all of the winning going on around here, it didn't attract much interest. Frontrunner? I don't know about that, but our profile has to be a lot higher than it was a few weeks ago.
    Stop and think, who would be ahead of us? Maybe somebody in the MAC, but I think in the 'Belt, we're the front runner.

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by ultoday View Post
    Stop and think, who would be ahead of us? Maybe somebody in the MAC, but I think in the 'Belt, we're the front runner.

We'll see.
    We'll need to generate a hell of a lot more money through RCAF if we want to sniff a "bigger" conference. Coach's salaries have improved because of the money we have raised thus far, but we'll have to do more to get to that next level.

Quote Originally Posted by stpacronym View Post
    We'll need to generate a hell of a lot more money through RCAF if we want to sniff a "bigger" conference. Coach's salaries have improved because of the money we have raised thus far, but we'll have to do more to get to that next level.
    This is exactly why top salesmen make big bucks, because it all depends on how you pitch it.

Look at raw budgets? We lose.

Break down the budgets over time, and by source? We're rising rapidly, and we're getting more money than the other schools from donations and ticket sales.

Then you point out that the schools who get most of their money from student fees won't be able to grow their budgets much.

I'm telling you, we're a prime candidate right now. And it's not only perfect timing for C-USA.

It's perfect timing for rising admissions standards next year.