_ _ _ _

Thread: "Vermilion" "Black" "White" "Robots"

1. Default "Vermilion" "Black" "White" "Robots"

Little Cajun soldiers

Mark Hudspeth and his staff has certainly utilized such tactics and it's working ... in a big way. With each victory now, the 4-1 Cajuns are buying into Hudspeth's way of approaching the game more and more. If you listen to them, it doesn't take ...

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Vermilion" "Black" "White" "Robots"

Foote the first half of this article undermines the program, and I'm not talking about how black is presented as a school color.

Every college football player in America parrots the coach; you can always tell what a coach said in the locker room after a game by how the players answer questions in a post game press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Foote the first half of this article undermines the program, and I'm not talking about how black is presented as a school color.

Every college football player in America parrots the coach; you can always tell what a coach said in the locker room after a game by how the players answer questions in a post game press conference.
    But not all Players in college football believe in their coaches system. I think that is where the difference lies

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    But not all Players in college football believe in their coaches system. I think that is where the difference lies
    Coaches do not grant interviews with players who do not buy into the system. Often they don't even play, sometimes they are kicked off the team.

The article implies that this is temporary. There is no logic to this angle, especially on the leading edge of a 4 game win streak.

Even last year, UL players interviewed stayed in line with Coach Bustle's thoughts.

The article is about something that isn't new or unusual.

Is this article Kevin's resume for BleacherReport?

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Kevin does tend to imply that these "canned responses" to the media are something that this coaching staff has "temporarily achieved", and that somehow this may fade, due to the "newness" of Coach Hud and staff to this program (and players). He needs to go over and talk with Tony Robicheaux. I know baseball players, personally, that played ball for Tony their entire college baseball careers, and now many years later, they still "think and talk" like Tony. What Kevin likely fails to comprehend, or perhaps even wishes were not true, is that Coach Hud is a leader... a real one. It wasn't brainwashing that got these football players to "parrot" Coach Hud. They are following a new winning system because they believe in it.

If this sucks for Kevin Foote... I couldn't give a damn. If interviewing players isn't giving him (or others) exciting material to write about... they need to learn how to write interesting stories... or get out of this profession.

Or, maybe he can follow in the Foote-steps of a young Vermillion editor... and ____ off some UL fans to get some attention. I assure you "that" will have some extremely temporary benefits.

I wonder who peed in Foote's cornflakes?! This article comes off as a PO'd writer typing while he's mad at somebody. NOT a quality piece of work, Kevin. You can do (and have done) better than that.

Foote's always mad at somebody. I stopped listening to his radio show b/c he is so constantly negative.

This article is mildly insulting the both the players and the coaches, but somehow I doubt it wil bother them. They are too busy winning.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    This article is mildly insulting the both the players and the coaches, but somehow I doubt it wil bother them. They are too busy winning.
    Good point.

Deep in the Ouachita Mountains Hot Springs Village, Ark

Ragin' Cajuns Re: "Vermilion" "Black" "White" "Robots"

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    Foote's always mad at somebody. I stopped listening to his radio show b/c he is so constantly negative.
    but this certainly cannot be correct. he's constantly telling us that he's a "glass half-full kind of guy." yeah, right. geaux cajuns, even if foote tries to put them down.