_ _ _ _

Thread: TCU to Big 12

Default TCU to Big 12

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Default Re: TCU to Big 12

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Everything now hinges on Mizzou.

According to the article, it sounds like the Big-12 would stay at 10 if Mizzou stays.

If Mizzou goes, then the Big-12 would be almost forced to pull the trigger on the Big East, effectively killing it.

But, if Mizzou stays, everybody better hold on 'cause this going to get pretty hairy, pretty quickly when the Big East decides to raid CUSA.......

And from what everyone is hearing...Mizzou is as good as gone if a Big 10 or SEC invite comes along. I think we can officially bid adieu to the Big East as a football conference. I don't see how they survive.

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    And from what everyone is hearing...Mizzou is as good as gone if a Big 10 or SEC invite comes along. I think we can officially bid adieu to the Big East as a football conference. I don't see how they survive.
    According to something I read this morning, the majority of SEC schools are ready to sign off on Missouri. But they don't have the nine votes right now to get in.

Alabama is against them. Auburn is for them.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...dents_fav.html

The Big 10 isn't going to take them.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    According to something I read this morning, the majority of SEC schools are ready to sign off on Missouri. But they don't have the nine votes right now to get in.

Alabama is against them. Auburn is for them.

The Big 10 isn't going to take them.
    We know already the Big 10 is holding up a big "don't want" sign when Mizzou knocks on their door. But it's what Mizzou wants. I'm sure Alabama can be schmoozed over into accepting Mizzou. That puts the SEC & the ACC at 14. Big 10 & PAC 12 at..well 12. Are we getting closer to seeing the conference realignment Book of Revelations where the 4 16 team super conferences shut the door for good on the non-AQ schools? FCS...Don't want.

That puts the Big 12 at 8...who do they target? I swear if Tulane ends up in the Big 12...I quit watching college football.

all the reading i have done mentions the big 12 wanting just about anyone thats wants to be wanted. Espn even mentions the irish, which we all know will never happen. BYU has been tossed in the mix, tcu looks official-ish, smu is in the hat and Houston has even been mentioned. I have no idea why Tulane would come up anywhere other then an article like we saw on the ulm site a week or so ago about what a victory in Iowa would mean(how's that working out for ya anyways guys?).

I don't see the gain in merging with whats left of the big east for anything other than tv footprint and so far the big 12 hasn't really played that card like the ACC has.