Thread: ESPN3 on PS3?

Default ESPN3 on PS3?

My son has a PS3 hooked up to our big tv and I'm an AT&T costumer. Shouldn't I be able to watch the game on the tv by going to ESPN3? Has anyone tried this? I'm going to test it out when I get home from work.

wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: ESPN3 on PS3?

Pretty sure you cant. Its available on the 360 but I dont think it work on the PS3 browser. Only thing they have is something called PlayOn but I believe its a subscription service.

Blog Entries

Someone told me PS3 can connect straight to the internet, if so ESPN3.com might work.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    My son has a PS3 hooked up to our big tv and I'm an AT&T costumer. Shouldn't I be able to watch the game on the tv by going to ESPN3? Has anyone tried this? I'm going to test it out when I get home from work.
    I don't think PS3 has direct ESPN3 capabilities yet. I know for a fact Xbox 360 does.

You can try this method out: Link to PlayOn, which streams from one of your computers, through your home network, to your PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Someone told me PS3 can connect straight to the internet, if so ESPN3.com might work.
    yes it can. I watched the Kent state game on our TV (using my PS3) by going to ragin pagin, getting the link, and then boom, there it is. It's like watching on a computer with a very big monitor.

No you cannot use your ps3 to access Espn 3. You can use it to access ragin station as someone else on here mentioned they did, but Espn 3 will not work because they partnered up with xbox. I had been trying to get my browser on ps3 to stream Espn 3 for some time, and never understood why it could stream other sites but not espn3 and stumbled across the answer on the web. Can't find the link, but xbox needed a reason to continue charging $50/year while psn(playstation network) does not charge for their service. For a long time both services gave you the exact same thing. Now xbox uses espn3 to justify their charge. Sorry if this disappoints you like it did me... Just wanted to give a notice before this board freaks out on Saturday when it isn't working.