Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
Results 321 to 326 of 326

Thread: Final UL 34 - OSU 61

  1. #321
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Final UL 34 - OSU 61

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Be careful J1M. The offense at Mississippi State required the QB to run the ball more often than we did last season. This could explain BG being selected as starter before CM.

    You put a poor runner at QB in the system, it stagnates.
    You put a poor passer at QB in the system, it stagnates as well. Let's hope Hud isn't limited by his experience at Mississippi State. I didn't want Hud because of his Mississippi State ties. I wanted Hud because of his head coaching abilities. In reality, regardless of his past, he strikes me as a defensive minded coach anyway. We can expound on that another time.

    We had better allow our playcalling to work around the talent available. If we are going to demand featuring a super athlete at QB, and not be concerned about his ability to complete passes, I will provide the failing grade upfront. We do not have a super athlete at QB this year. We have some really good athletes on the catching end of the ball, however.

    I want to see what happens this week. I'm not going to be upset if Blaine starts again. But, if our WRs and TEs drop those darts, Blaine had better average 10 yards per carry, or else Chris had better come in and take over. I'm open-minded to anything Hud does that's successful.

  2. #322
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,234

    Default Re: Final UL 34 - OSU 61

    I could type out a whole explanation but don't really feel like it after making the drive home from OK today, so I'll just leave you with 2 points.

    1) Newsflash: UL doesn't go 12-0

    2) Give the man a chance you jokers, most of you were ready to give your first born to Hud a week ago. Kent State will tell us all we need to know and my in opinion, we'll be alright.


  3. #323
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,348

    Default Re: Final UL 34 - OSU 61

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    You put a poor passer at QB in the system, it stagnates as well. Let's hope Hud isn't limited by his experience at Mississippi State. I didn't want Hud because of his Mississippi State ties. I wanted Hud because of his head coaching abilities. In reality, regardless of his past, he strikes me as a defensive minded coach anyway. We can expound on that another time.

    We had better allow our playcalling to work around the talent available. If we are going to demand featuring a super athlete at QB, and not be concerned about his ability to complete passes, I will provide the failing grade upfront. We do not have a super athlete at QB this year. We have some really good athletes on the catching end of the ball, however.

    I want to see what happens this week. I'm not going to be upset if Blaine starts again. But, if our WRs and TEs drop those darts, Blaine had better average 10 yards per carry, or else Chris had better come in and take over. I'm open-minded to anything Hud does that's successful.
    Hud has always been an offensive coach. He is also a proven winner having formed a winner at North Alabama and we know he can recruit. As cajunrage said, most were ready to annoint him the savior up until this past weekend. While I am a bit critical of what I did see on offense this past weekend, I also know that he knows what he's doing and I have confidence in future adjustments to our schemes and personnel.

  4. #324
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,348

    Default Re: Final UL 34 - OSU 61

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I disagree, I watched the game twice in it's entirety and Blaine only made a few bad throws. The few times that Chris was under center the pass rush was just as intense and Chris was forced to do what Blaine was doing, throwing the ball out of bounds. Our WR's dropped way too many ball's that Blaine threw. That is not going to help Blaine's confidence at QB.
    Ok, well Blaine was off target more than a few times, I think that can be seen clearly. However, I think that Blaine was a bit rushed in his reads and didn't progress through them like he should have which had more to do with his bad night than his precision which was not very good. Yes, the receivers did drop a bunch, especially Lawson whom I expected to have a nice game. Blaine is a better passer than he showed this past weekend, I'm sure of it. I still wish we could have seen an adjustment in bringing in Masson more often and earlier to help combat Blaine's troubles but I have faith in Gautier.

  5. #325
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,348

    Default Re: Final UL 34 - OSU 61

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    How will playing Blaine get this team ready for the rest of the year? Blaine is not a good quarterback. He is a great athlete playing quarterback, Masson gives this team the best chance to win IMO. I was a huge BG fan when he signed with us, but after 4 starts he has shown that he has problems progressing through the play and reading defenses. He also has no feel for touch passes which is a main problem with the WR drops.

    We are much better off with Masson at the helm, besides next year Broadway will be starting you can count on that.
    I can agree with some of your criticism on Blaine but I do not agree that he's not a good QB. He has played much better in previous starts and without a lot of the drops, he was not able to get into any kind of groove in the passing game. I don't deny that he played poorly overall and i think that I would have had Masson play that game but I've seen Blaine have some great games and I would feel pretty confident with him as our starter going further if that would be the case. BTW, his lack of touch has been noted on some of the shorter routes and such but it had nothing to do with the drops that I saw out of Lawson and even Green.

  6. #326
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Final UL 34 - OSU 61

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Hud has always been an offensive coach. He is also a proven winner having formed a winner at North Alabama and we know he can recruit. As cajunrage said, most were ready to annoint him the savior up until this past weekend. While I am a bit critical of what I did see on offense this past weekend, I also know that he knows what he's doing and I have confidence in future adjustments to our schemes and personnel.
    Man, we are slicing and dicing each other's posts this week. Hud was a defensive player in college (and I think converted to QB for a year). He strikes me as a "defensive type" of coach. They are usually more fired up and animated. That was all I meant. My posts are not doubting Hud. I was asked to be careful about "running QBs" because of Mississippi State. I don't think Hud is stuck on what Mississippi State did offensively. You have to adjust to your skillsets and strengths accordingly. I actually have faith in the guy that he is going to do just that. I believe he came out today and said that his decision to go with Blaine against OSU was due to Blaine's better mobility. And that the QB starter this week is still indeterminate.

    90% of the play and player details observed this past weekend are not indicative of what will happen from this coming weekend forward IMO. Bullet passes and shallow kickoffs are in the 10% that can be questioned.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •