_ _ _ _

Thread: 2011 Fall Sports Fan Day

Default 2011 Fall Sports Fan Day

How many people showed up roughly, just wondering and I couldn't make it

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fan day????

I heard 5000+

Had a blast, ran into an old friend who used to be a hard core LSU fan. He was wearing a UL shirt, I thought the better of it and didn't remind him of his past life. He has season tickets and is already or plans to become an RCAF member.

It was packed, a really nice crowd. The also did a freshmen convocation at the convention center at 4:00, so a bunch of new Cajuns showed up.

All the players seem extremely excited about the season AND LOVE THE BLACK lol

Cant wait to see em in action!

Hud gave a good speech to get everyone fired up. He said he wants to "smother Lafayette in Vermilion and white" and run out all the "other school colors". This guy demands respect and you can tell hes got his hand in everything. Overall, i like that they moved it to the dome....much cooler, they showed a great highlight video and it just seemed more "top notch".

That video gave me goose bumps and got me excited! Anyone else?!

Great event. The best thing they did was move it to the Cajundome. Great sound system and video to really promote the upcoming season, Air conditioning, double the cheerleaders with some really good "talent", revamped dance team and Hud to really fire everybody up. There were tons of people there and the uniforms looked a lot better in person than on the net. I think the university did a great job putting the event on. Oh, did I mention more good looking cheerleaders? We don't have any more fullbacks on the squad and the girls were really excited that they got some new leadership. They are running two squads now and I guess that means they will travel for more events and make more ladies events as well. Even they mentioned that things were really picking up and they noted the enthusiasm that has taken over the athletic program.

Great event and great turnout. What was going on at Cajun Field though?

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    Don't know but there were tons of Greeks there, might have been a lecture on the long term effects of STD's. Just sayin.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Don't know but there were tons of Greeks there, might have been a lecture on the long term effects of STD's. Just sayin.
    It was part of the new student orientation program. 3000 new incoming freshmen, largest incoming class in history according to T-Joe.

USLJim is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

UL Football Re: Fan day????

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    All the players seem extremely excited about the season AND LOVE THE BLACK lol

Cant wait to see em in action!
    I loved the Vermilion Red and White:

GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    Food and games for the new freshmen. It was right after their convocation at the convention center.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    It was part of the new student orientation program. 3000 new incoming freshmen, largest incoming class in history according to T-Joe.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    Food and games for the new freshmen. It was right after their convocation at the convention center.
    To me the freshmen going from one event straight to fan day was the biggest news of the day.

I have been pushing for UL to do something unique but similar to "MUSS" the University of Utah's student fan club. The become members as part of student orientation.

This fits the bill, and has room to grow.

15. Default UL Athletics Hosts 2011 Fall Sports Fan Day

The UL Athletic Department held its annual Fall Sports Fan Day on Sunday at the Cajundome. Thousands of faithful Ragin' Cajuns fans came out to enjoy the festivities.

Family and I had a great time!!! The place was packed, there was standing room only on the floor and almost all of the available seating in the first level was filled. I saw some folks up in the second level as well! The videos were well done, even my wife commented on how much she liked them. Coach HUD's speech was inspiring, noticed he included all the fall sports in there! Loved the "Smother Lafayete in Vermilion and White" part, laughed out loud! Kids had a blast talking to the players and cheerleaders. All in all a very professional affair!