_ _ _ _

Thread: Big Opportunity

Default Big Opportunity

With the announcement of a new look cajun football uniform coming on Wednesday, i think the university has a huge opportunity to capitalize on replica jersey sales. There has never really been any true replica jerseys sold at local retailers besides bells making there own a few years back.

Maybe show off the new look at a press conference tell fans they can get the new jersey at all UL retail spots. Look at other universities and how many jerseys you see in the stands at any game on saturdays. I have a hunch that this probably wont happen. But i would love to see something other than Tiger jerseys all over lafayette. Just an idea i had, wondering what others think......

Default Re: Big Opportunity

Love the idea.

Do you guys have any idea what the new threads are going to look like? Any rumors as to if they will be more classic looking? I know the majority of us have called for the classic look for years. Is it going to be a complete overhaul, helmets and all? Just curious.

I wish to God they would update ragincajuns.com as well. That website is horrible to look at.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    I wish to God they would update ragincajuns.com as well. That website is horrible to look at.

Great ideas great ideas and more great ideas ---over the years the fabulous thoughts of marketing that have appeared on this board are just wonderful things that if implemented would have and can have huge affects on our athletic program!!!!!! Oh if only the UL administration would log in to RPin!!!!

I know ideas are just that...ideas. And implementing them are sometimes hard to do. We dont know the ins and outs of marketing a major college athletic program. As long as the ideas are in fact put out on the table and an effort is given to get them done or try to have some of these ideas come to fruition. Im not calling out the athletic program as much as i would like to know why russell athletics does not provide an authentic or replica style jersey for fans to purchase.

I've got 3 Baseball replica's... I'd be the first to buy a football one...

I'd buy several if I could...