Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Xavier Alexander gave the Gift of Life. A Kidney

  1. Default Xavier Alexander gave the Gift of Life. A Kidney


    Doing so, Alexander gave up the opportunity to have a shot at Major League Baseball, a very good possibility considering he was a top hitter for the University of Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns. As a junior, he tied an all-time hitting record ...


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Broussard
    Posts
    592

    Default Re: Xavier Alexander gave the Gift of Life. A Kidney

    Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    Wow! What a great act of unselfishness and a great gift to his father!

    GEAUX UL!

  3. #3
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,741

    Default Re: Xavier Alexander gave the Gift of Life. A Kidney

    Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    _ Wow! What a great act of unselfishness and a great gift to his father!

    GEAUX UL! _
    Hey maybe a great idea comes to mind---How about every HC we present the outstanding UL letterman award to an outstanding alumni who has done these types of things---What a wonderful act on his part

    I am sure that there have been many humanitarian efforts by former lettermen or just outstanding contributions to our society and country---How about a little feed back

    -this would certainly not be limited to the athletic field!!!!


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Carencro
    Posts
    875

    Default Re: Xavier Alexander gave the Gift of Life. A Kidney

    Didn't he ACTUALLY give up baseball to pursue his DEGREE?


  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    549

    Default Re: Xavier Alexander gave the Gift of Life. A Kidney

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    _ Didn't he ACTUALLY give up baseball to pursue his DEGREE? _
    You are correct sir.

    A good fella.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    5,969

    Default Re: Xavier Alexander gave the Gift of Life. A Kidney

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Hey maybe a great idea comes to mind---How about every HC we present the outstanding UL letterman award to an outstanding alumni who has done these types of things---What a wonderful act on his part

    I am sure that there have been many humanitarian efforts by former lettermen or just outstanding contributions to our society and country---How about a little feed back

    -this would certainly not be limited to the athletic field!!!!

    Good ideas.

    Alexander certainly would qualify for a UL Athletics Humanitarian Award.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •