_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flag-a-Thon

1. Support Flag-a-Thon

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan8301 *

As announced at the Sunday game vs. UALR, The 25' custom made RAGIN CAJUN windfeather flag was stolen. This is truly an unfortunate incident as everyone really loved that flag and what it stood for.

The flag flew proudly on the third base line offering a reminder to our opponents that this was indeed RAGIN CAJUN COUNTRY. One proud Cajun Fan took it upon himself to pay for this flag originally, and donate it's use to the University . Frankly, when I found out how much it cost, I was shocked. Of course licensing fees had to be paid for the use of the Ragin Cajun LOGO, and the design fee by the manufacturer. Quite a nice gift to UL baseball and to all of us who admired it's majestic wave.

In any case , I feel that WE, the Ragin Cajun Community should band together to replace such an outstanding gift. One long time fan had the following idea, I hope you will participate.A Flag-A-Thon, right here .

We are asking you to make a pledge of $1.00, $5.00, $10. or $20. A collection box will be set up in the parking lot under the big tent of Cajun Tails Tailging. You can drop by to make your anonomous donation on May 13, 14, 15 . That is the final weekend of UL baseball here at home unless we receive a host regional. We will discontinue collections as soon as we raise enough to cover the cost of a new Flag. So, please, make your pledge here today.

Thank you for your support , and Thanks for being a Ragin Cajun !

I CajunFan8301 pledge $10.00

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Support RAGIN CAJUN windfeather flag

A true cajun fan would have left it along and not stoled it. I pledge $20.00 next home game.

Blog Entries

I'm in for $10 just tell me where Cajun Tails Tailging is located.

no kidding that is horrible! I am in for 10 as well, just tell me where or when!

After all, I am one who like to wave flags!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turner
    I'm in for $10 just tell me where Cajun Tails Tailging is located.
    I'm in for $5

I think if you look for the tent just to the left of where the feather banner is in the picture and look for a Chrysler Crossfire you will be at the right tent.

I'm in for $10.00. Whoever stole the flag better hope I don't find out who they are and where they live.

How can we assure that it won't get stolen next time? Maybe Coach Robe can keep it in the club house.

What a fabulous response to a great cause. Thanks to all who are willing to help out.
    We are trying to get a new flag made before the regionals. With the help of people like you, that will become a reality. Go Cajuns and Geaux Cajun Fans, you're #1.

I'll donate $10. It would be nice if we could collect enough for the 1srt base side and the 3rd base side outside of stadium.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help return the RAGIN CAJUN windfeather flag

Being almost directly downwind when I took a series of burst pictures this is not the best example.

Still I think it suffices to show how the Ragin' Cajun feather flag does its thing in a breeze.

UL Baseball Re: Help return the RAGIN CAJUN windfeather flag

Cajun Fan, count me in for $20. More if the Lottery comes through! :o :o

Default Re: Help return the RAGIN CAJUN windfeather flag

That is a cool shot of the flag, Great job...Looks like we are doing good with the
    flag-A thon...what fabulous fans ! when we get the new flag, we will have a special
    flag raising ceremony for those who helped...Thanks to all...

I'm afraid we are gonna have to leave it inside the stadium for security purposes, but on on first and third base lines would look great wouldn't it?Maybe we get someone who sits in those sections to kind of keep an eye on them..Let's hope we raise enough for two..

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ZuluCajun
    I'm afraid we are gonna have to leave it inside the stadium for security purposes, but on on first and third base lines would look great wouldn't it?Maybe we get someone who sits in those sections to kind of keep an eye on them..Let's hope we raise enough for two..
    I'm in...... 10 bucks.... Where will you be located? Sunday will probably be my only game...

If I cant make it, how can I get money to you....

Send me a private email if there is an address you need me to mail a check to.

Z.

Z, u goin to the game next weekend? let me know in Ruston, if i see you. I'll pledge some dough too. i fell in love with that flag the first time i saw it. I think it felt the same way about me. i'd like to know how much that thing cost to make. i'd like one for tailgatin this fall!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308
    I fell in love with that flag the first time i saw it. I think it felt the same way about me.
    LOL

Yep that was you it was waving at.

I'm sure of it.

If I'm off for a game next weekend, I'll drop by and cut a check for 5-10$, you know its tight for us college students, but it sucks that someone stole the flag.

Tuffguy

A table will be set up Tuesday night in the parking lot near the pecan tree...A sign will
    be made that says Flag-a-thon... so Tue, Fri. Sat and Sunday before the games. You do not have to give away your screen name to pay your pledge. thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by ZuluCajun
    A table will be set up Tuesday night in the parking lot near the pecan tree...A sign will
    be made that says Flag-a-thon... so Tue, Fri. Sat and Sunday before the games. You do not have to give away your screen name to pay your pledge. thanks !

Do you know what the flag cost to make? I'm curious because I would like to have a flag down 1st base also. If it is not to much I might have my boss intrested in donating the money for a 1st base flag if it is in reason. Thanks JMVCAJUNS

I really don't understand why the athletic department can't wave the liscencing fees if they know that it is going to be a donation to the Baseball program!!!!

I would guess that it costs more for liscencing fees than to actually make the flag.

Why would the manufacturer have to pay the initial licensing fee again and again for each flag? Do shirt makers have to pay the initial fee over and over for every single shirt?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast