Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baseball and Track/Soccer Facility Upgrades

Ragin' Cajuns Baseball and Track/Soccer Facility Upgrades

Any word on when or if the Tigue will be renovated? I thought I remembered hearing it was supposed to take place after the season this year. As for the Track/Soccer building that is to be built at the entrance of the stadium...I remember hearing it was to start around this time to, actually before baseball had anything done. Sorry if this question is "beating a dead horse" but I have not seen or heard any information about this. Just curious. So other than bird, what's the word?

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Baseball and Track/Soccer Facility Upgrades

Per Coach Robe, baseball will renovate after next season.

Blog Entries

In time to host the 2013 SBC Tournament.

For those wondering, I asked Scott Farmer about future facility upgrades last week and got no real answer on projected timeline.

igeaux.mobi

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Baseball and Track/Soccer Facility Upgrades

Great, thanks! Track/Soccer?

It's always a mystery when these things will really take place. But thanks for the info guys!

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Funny, when I asked Scott about that today, he was very forthcoming and precise about when those things are happening.

Baseball, Track/Soccer and the new weight room addition to the IPF will be lumped together and presented to the ULS Board at their first meeting of the new fiscal year [either August or September]. Construction will begin upon approval.

Blog Entries

Lumped for approval I understand.

Lumped for construction start point is another matter.
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Funny, when I asked Scott about that today, he was very forthcoming and precise about when those things are happening.

Baseball, Track/Soccer and the new weight room addition to the IPF will be lumped together and presented to the ULS Board at their first meeting of the new fiscal year [either August or September]. Construction will begin upon approval.

It is a little perplexing. I asked last week when track/soccer, baseball and football facility improvements would take place and he would not say. Wanted to wait until after it was approved.

igeaux.mobi

Perplexed as well. Unless publishing the plans before approval would make it seem like the University is showing up the system board.

I just pray to God that they brick the back of the track stands w/ red brick so it looks like everything else. It looks so shoddy now

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    It is a little perplexing. I asked last week when track/soccer, baseball and football facility improvements would take place and he would not say. Wanted to wait until after it was approved.

igeaux.mobi

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ Perplexed as well. Unless publishing the plans before approval would make it seem like the University is showing up the system board.

I just pray to God that they brick the back of the track stands w/ red brick so it looks like everything else. It looks so shoddy now

igeaux.mobi _

I agree on the T&F facility. Bricking the back of the track stands would bring symmetry to the whole complex.

What is up with the softball facility? Its been almost a month since the season ended and it is still not finished! Just how long is this going to drag on?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ I agree on the T&F facility. Bricking the back of the track stands would bring symmetry to the whole complex.

What is up with the softball facility? Its been almost a month since the season ended and it is still not finished! Just how long is this going to drag on? _
    Stevie P says not to worry. Things will happen when they do and he does not get upset over such trivial matters....

I sure hope Brady brings some sense of journalism and asks the tough questions... Not a shot at his predecessor... but rather at the butt kissing, don't raise any issues, i want to succeed JW, morning show host...

I know during the football camp there were crews working on the softball facility.

I have been thinking about this for a while, and I have developed a theory:

Maybe they do not want to flash too much of this stuff before the screen right now because of the budget crisis. OK, I understand that this money has nothing to do with that, but it does seem that each time UL has announced a self funded project out, the haters come out of the woodworks in droves. Most of them are ignorant or ignore the facts, but still they come.

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ I agree on the T&F facility. Bricking the back of the track stands would bring symmetry to the whole complex.

What is up with the softball facility? Its been almost a month since the season ended and it is still not finished! Just how long is this going to drag on? _
    Well, since no one will be using the softball facility until fall practice begins, what difference does it make?

I mean, really?

What difference does it make?

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ Well, since no one will be using the softball facility until fall practice begins, what difference does it make?

I mean, really?

What difference does it make? _
    ding!

seriously guys, chill. it'll be alright

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ ding!

seriously guys, chill. it'll be alright _

Was softball facility upgrades funded by the RCAF?

_ Well, since no one will be using the softball facility until fall practice begins, what difference does it make?

I mean, really?

I ask only because it was supposed to be completed before the start of the season, then before the conference tournament, and now it is a month after the season and is still not finished. It probably doesn't matter until next year except for the softball clinics that are on-going and any recruiting. I have a niece attending the softball camp right now and one of the coaches expressed to her mother frustration with regards the unfinished stadium. As a contractual matter, it is perplexing as to how a construction project can miss so many dates and seemingly continue indefinitely.

I mean, really?

I get it, you can't change your roof when it's raining, and you don't need to change your roof when it's not raining.

A little off target but BOP... Do you have any plans on having Scott Farmer on the radio show anytime soon. I just love hearing that guy talk!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast