Thread: JP not covering UL sports?

Default JP not covering UL sports?

WTF? THAT SUCKS!!!!!

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: JP not covering UL sports?

JP has done an excellent job, no doubt. You will be pleased with his replacement, too.

Z

Will Brady be the new fulltime UL beat writer?

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Sounds like it. Brady has some big shoes to fill, even though he himself does a great job on Preps and other topics now. Knowing how they have it setup, it wouldnt surprise me if he will have multiple duties. Seems to be the way the newspaper industry is moving.

Strange move to go from Sports to Education and the like. Wish Josh all the best with the transition and hope he stays around Lafayette for a long time.

No doubt, JP has done an excellent job. This seems out of the blue, anymore info for us out-of-towners?

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

That's weird.

Blog Entries

what did i miss while I was a lunch? im lost. where is jp going?

Would someone care to elaborate for those folks not able to listen to the show?

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Would someone care to elaborate for those folks not able to listen to the show? _
    Josh will remain at the Advertiser, but will now work in the news department.

The folks at the Advertiser like Josh's ability to be thorough and his willingness to do whatever necessary to put together a good story.

Brady Aymond will take over as the UL beat writer. Bruce Brown is going back to the sports department and he will head up prep sports.

I'll add more of my thoughts on this development later today.

igeaux.mobi

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Although Josh has done an exemplary job, my biggest concern is that the DA keeps a dedicated UL beat-writer. I would want the person who replaces him has to devote as much time/effort as Josh has done (all sports covered in depth, recruiting covered in depth, attends all games possible and tweets game status).

I'm thinking if the new person isn't at lease partially bald, he's not working hard enough.

Blog Entries

Brady would be my first choice, I just don't see how he is going to be able to work 26 hours a day like Josh did for all those years.

Thanks Josh

Welcome Brady

Say it ain't so Josh! We finally get someone giving us stories on the Cajuns everyday and DA pulls the rug out from under our feet!

I have told so many of my friends who are Cajuns fans that I don't ever remember a writer being so dedicated to covering the Cajuns as Josh has been. I remember his first article I read when he got to the DA and he discussed lsu in the article. I said to myself that I wasn't going to like this guy. Boy was I wrong. I sure hope Brady, or whoever replaces Josh, puts forth the same effort that Josh did.

Good luck with your new position Josh, but I think I can speak for every Cajuns fan in saying, "WE ARE GOING TO MISS YOUR ARTICLES!"

Thanks again Josh and I hope the new assignment comes with a hefty pay raise, because you have earned it.

Congratulations, Josh, and thanks for the great job you've done covering Ragin' Cajun sports! We will definitely miss your style and tenaciousness. Nothing against whoever steps into your shoes, but he/she better have some mighty big feet! Hope you won't be a stranger at UL sporting events. Best of luck in the news dept.!

Not saying anything at all about Brady Amond...but THIS SUCKS!

Just kidding...a little bit. Josh has done an INCREDIBLE job and I'm sad to see him leave the Sports department. That said, it's comforting to know that he'll be bringing that same excellence to his new position.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Josh did so well he got tagged for a bigger assignment. I agree that this is not a hit against Brady, but Josh was doing some fine work and that is going to be a steep follow. I figured Josh would move on some day, but thought it would be as a sports reporter in a larger market. I hope this is a good career opportunity for him. He writes very well, stays on top of details, and has a great work ethic.

igeaux.mobi
    Bummer, good luck Josh. Imo, trading Josh for Bruce Brown is a step back for the the sports department.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ igeaux.mobi
    Bummer, good luck Josh. Imo, trading Josh for Bruce Brown is a huge step back for the the sports department. _
    FIFy

Congrats on the promotion Josh. I'm sure we will not see any difference in the coverage but you've definitely been a blessing for Cajun Fans.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Congrats on the promotion Josh. I'm sure we will not see any difference in the coverage but you've definitely been a blessing for Cajun Fans. _
    I will now drop my subscription to the DA unless they leave JP on UL sports!!! LOL But thanks for the great coverage---BTW the same thing happened at the A-Ville Meridonal--sports guy moved to general news---told me he was happy cause now he gets to see UL games---there Sunday paper was a grind!!!