Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 81 to 96 of 96

Thread: Houston vs. Louisiana (Sun G1)

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    1 out


    igeaux.mobi


    igeaux.mobi


  2. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,274
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Houston vs. Louisiana (Sun G1)

    Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    _ 7 illegal pitches. _

    Its ridicules, some umpires get carried away. I don't see it as much of an advantage for many pitchers as the NCAA thinks.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,280

    Default Re: Houston vs. Louisiana (Sun G1)

    Oregeron flies out, 1st and 3rd, 2 outs

    igeaux.mobi


  4. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,280

    Default Re: Houston vs. Louisiana (Sun G1)

    Gabby flies out. Game over


    igeaux.mobi


  5. #85
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,653

    Default Re: Houston vs. Louisiana (Sun G1)

    Not much more drama than having Bridges up as the tying run with two out in bottom of the 7th. Unfortunately it didn't work out for us.

    Great season once again though. We finish again as one of the final 32 teams in the country. Congratulations.

    As usual this team will be loaded again next year.


  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Houston vs. Louisiana (Sun G1)

    Gabby flies out to right field and that's a season.


  7. #87
    Frenchie35's Avatar
    Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,790

    This is so COOL Re: Houston vs. Louisiana (Sun G1)

    LSU followed in our footsteps with a lost the Texax A&M 3-1.....Those damn Texas teams done us in......


  8. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: Houston vs. Louisiana (Sun G1)

    Sad to see Bridges go... big thanks to her for everything!

    Cajuns will be stacked in 2012.


  9. #89
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,576

    UL Softball Re: Houston vs. Louisiana (Sun G1)

    Just wish our HR hitters would have hit as well this tourney as our slappers. Great season girls, have a great Summer, heal up, get stronger, faster, and we will see what happens next season!!!

    How is Christina? What type of injury did she have?

    How can ONE person call SO MANY illegal pitches, and his counter part accross from him, SHE does NOT see them? These calls DID make a difference, cost us runs at times in some of the games, major flaw in softball, MAJOR!!!


  10. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,274
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Houston vs. Louisiana (Sun G1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    _ Not much more drama than having Bridges up as the tying run with two out in bottom of the 7th. Unfortunately it didn't work out for us.

    Great season once again though. We finish again as one of the final 32 teams in the country. Congratulations.

    As usual this team will be loaded again next year. _
    Hats off to this team, they over came the transfer of Donna B., injuries to Taryn Broussard, Gaby Bridges, Erikka Murphy and Christina Hamilton to make it into a regional. Ashley Brignac is as tough as they come, we will see her back to 100% next season.

  11. #91
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,014

    Default Re: Houston vs. Louisiana (Sun G1)

    Great showing this year but I'm sure the girls will be disappointed. This team will have huge expectations next year and a great completed stadium to show off. Wish Gabby could have gotten another WCWS trip. Great career for her.

    igeaux.mobi


  12. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    106

    Louisiana Campus Re: Houston vs. Louisiana (Sun G1)

    I'm so proud of this team. Everyone wants a victory, but the way these players comport themselves is more important. They play the game the right way. Thank you to the players and coaches for a great, memorable season. We appreciate all of you.


  13. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: Houston vs. Louisiana (Sun G1)

    Good run for a team hurt with being short on pitching. Ashley carried us all year. Shame we had injuries and illness along the way esp to Hamilton. Still don't understand why Rodgers was not used at least in relief as Ashley tired in game. Don't think it would have made a difference but she struggled in most innings. Did all she could but she was tired. She and L'Ryan Gary are cut from similar cloth. I still like the idea of Rodgers getting regional experience in front of a good crowd and a great team when it was obvious that we were being dominated by their pitcher. No answer for her. She was outstanding. I like our looks for next year. Amazing to know that again we will be represented by a coaching staff and team dedicated to excellence in the classroom and the diamond. Geaux Cajuns. And, yes, we did knock out the #3 side at their home. The same UT that beat us in OKC at world series. Now we're even.


  14. #94
    CajunRed's Avatar
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default Re: Houston vs. Louisiana (Sun G1)

    sitting there seeing it in person...believe me, the illegal pitch calls were huge. And to think that the Texas State pitcher hopped big time EVERY pitch...and was called for it ONCE!

    Btw...Brignac has so much heart, I think Coach Hud should put her at middle linebacker.

    Next year will be fun to watch.


    igeaux.mobi


  15. #95
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,857

    Default Re: Houston vs. Louisiana (Sun G1)

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun67 View Post
    _ Good run for a team hurt with being short on pitching. Ashley carried us all year. Shame we had injuries and illness along the way esp to Hamilton. Still don't understand why Rodgers was not used at least in relief as Ashley tired in game. Don't think it would have made a difference but she struggled in most innings. Did all she could but she was tired. She and L'Ryan Gary are cut from similar cloth. I still like the idea of Rodgers getting regional experience in front of a good crowd and a great team when it was obvious that we were being dominated by their pitcher. No answer for her. She was outstanding. I like our looks for next year. Amazing to know that again we will be represented by a coaching staff and team dedicated to excellence in the classroom and the diamond. Geaux Cajuns. And, yes, we did knock out the #3 side at their home. The same UT that beat us in OKC at world series. Now we're even. _

    Reason Rodgers was not used is simple. Coaches did not feel she gave us our best chance to win. They felt a tired Brignac was more prepared that a fresh Rodgers. While I agree we were struggling with their pitcher, coaches and athletes don't think that way. They keep thinking that we will find a way to pull it out. Remember the game was tied with two out in the top of the sixth. You wanted her in to help prepare for the future. This squad lives for today.

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    3,902

    Default Re: Houston vs. Louisiana (Sun G1)

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ sitting there seeing it in person...believe me, the illegal pitch calls were huge. And to think that the Texas State pitcher hopped big time EVERY pitch...and was called for it ONCE!

    Btw...Brignac has so much heart, I think Coach Hud should put her at middle linebacker.

    Next year will be fun to watch.
    igeaux.mobi _
    I would love to see the stats for the number of illegal pitches called against the other 3 teams in the regional vs. the number called on us. It sounded liked it was very one-sided. Like to see if, in fact, that was the case. Illegal pitch calls is something the NCAA needs to look into for next year, and perhaps make some changes.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    3,902

    Default Re: Houston vs. Louisiana (Sun G1)

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ Just wish our HR hitters would have hit as well this tourney as our slappers. Great season girls, have a great Summer, heal up, get stronger, faster, and we will see what happens next season!!!

    How is Christina? What type of injury did she have?

    How can ONE person call SO MANY illegal pitches, and his counter part accross from him, SHE does NOT see them? These calls DID make a difference, cost us runs at times in some of the games, major flaw in softball, MAJOR!!! _
    The lack of power hitting from our power hitters was probably the most disappointing aspect of this tournament. I think both Bridges and Orgeron were injured and that appears to have affected them, although the quality of the pitchers they faced no doubt had an impact as well. I just felt that with the 2 top HR hitters in the NCAA, we should've have had a few bombs. Oh, well! I AM glad that Gabby came to bat at the end with the chance to tie. That is the way you'd want her to end her magnificent career! Thanks for all the memories, Ms. Bridges! Best of luck to you in the future! Outstanding season, Cajuns! Next year will be even better!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •