Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Yvette will NOT remain a "Tiger"

Default Re: Yvette will remain a "Tiger"

I agree Cali, it is time to let old wounds heal and welcome YG back into the UL community(if that is her desire.) She was instrumental in starting this program, developing the tradition and mentoring many fine athletes, some of whom are now coaching major college softball. I don't agree with the way she left, but that was a long time ago. She deserves some kind of recognition for the work she did at UL under very difficult conditions. The Lotiefs have done a marvelous job in taking this program to the next level, but they did have a good sound program to build upon.
    Remember the prodigal son? Maybe YG is the prodigal daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    I think there are some things about this situation that are not known, and other things that wouldn't be believed if they were known. I also think that some of the personal attributes that made her a successful coach also make it hard for her to work with others and explain herself.

It's not always what you do, but how you do it and how people respond to it. At times seemingly everyone expects you to interpret a situation the way they would and you get in serious trouble because you didn't see it their way. That certainly has happened to me and probably everybody at one time or another. That's why I hate to see someone grilled repeatedly for the same offenses when they likely know the feeling of discomfort first hand.

Most human beings don't set out to do things that make other people hate them unless it is a misguided form of retaliation. We all have faults. All human beings do things that bring themselves so much pain that they would do anything to reverse the events that led to their downfall if they could.

This is a tragic case of misunderstanding. I really believe Yvette's first and only love is UL, and that she is gone because she feels unwelcome, misunderstood, and unforgiven. She probably also feels that she is unable to communicate successfully every detail of the choices she made, and probably wouldn't be believed if she could.

I could believe her, and believe the fellowship could be, and should be, restored.

Peace.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Yvette will NOT remain a "Tiger"

I agree with Cali and Crawfish . . . but have nothing to add.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I agree with Cali and Crawfish . . . but have nothing to add.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I was just so relieved/happy/contented when Coach Blanco and Shipley finally called off the hurts that were held between them for so long

Please no discussion on this --but maybe one day the hurts can heal---it was mentioned in a previous posts of our faults---On the money but time mostly heals!!!!

To all you bleeding hearts... Has YG ever... EVER.. expressed interest in coming back and making nice with the RED Team??? NO.... all you hear is she will be a TIGER forever... I see NOTHING that has changed since the day she walked out....

Lotief's have poured their heart and soul into us... Forget YG...............................

Yes, when she retired she made reference

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    To all you bleeding hearts... Has YG ever... EVER.. expressed interest in coming back and making nice with the RED Team??? NO.... all you hear is she will be a TIGER forever... I see NOTHING that has changed since the day she walked out....

Lotief's have poured their heart and soul into us... Forget YG...............................

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post

I think your points are specific to what I was addressing, and why she has not returned.

Don't you find it odd that we as a sports forum, with a nationally-ranked softball team, are still discussing the previous coach? What further developments have transpired since this thread started in May 2011?

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Softball Re: Yvette will NOT remain a "Tiger"

I think your points are specific to what I was addressing, and why she has not returned.

Don't you find it odd that we as a sports forum, with a nationally-ranked softball team, are still discussing the previous coach? What further developments have transpired since this thread started in May 2011?

I don't know Cali, it was dead for a long time and then somebody just had to answer Z for no reason. YG is not a wilting flower, and is happy with her decisions. No doubt she would love to have her cake and eat it too. All she ever had to do was leave and say I like the extra money, and I like the opportunities that USL could not afford. Then at least when the Lotiefs went out and showed she was slipping at UL and the team in Red was steadily kicking her butt she could just look on with envy. Instead to the end she extends the shield not the olive branch.

As I stated in another thread, she and her friends decided to confront a radio guy, in a resturant, from Baton Rouge while EllisU play in big D last year and he called her on it. He called her out on the air and challenged her to a debate. My point is you are letting how you view life transfer to her. Cali she is a warrior, not a peace maker, I will give her that, but she burned her bridges, and then came back and carpet bombed the roads leading to the bridges in her retirement comments.

Of course she would like to be appreciated but would rather win.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    My point is you are letting how you view life transfer to her. Cali she is a warrior, not a peace maker...
    I agree in particular with the portions quoted above.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Yes, when she retired she made reference
    Perhaps I missed it.... What did she say?

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

If you want a thread to die the very last thing you do is give a little speech to "end it". You certainly, without question, do not defend one side of an argument, no matter how passionately you feel about, if you aren't fully expecting to re-ignite the fire.

Some day the negatives will be overlooked and some mutual respect given. It is too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Some day the negatives will be overlooked and some mutual respect given. It is too soon.
    I'm not sure. Waiting close to 40 years and near death to pay proper respects to Coach Shipley seems somehow unsatisfactory. Let's do better this time.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure. Waiting close to 40 years and near death to pay proper respects to Coach Shipley seems somehow unsatisfactory. Let's do better this time.
    Those are two very different situations. If you think Yvette and someone from the prior administration need to bury the hatchet, let them work that out if they want to. Most of all, if you care about Yvette, you wouldn't want any public UL "respect" to be paid any time in the near future. It will still be met with a lot of protest. Another extenuating circumstance is respect for our current coaching staff. It would not be fair to the Lotief's to make any gestures of respect at this time. It is too early.

In reality, I struggle to see where there's an existing "we" that needs to extend a "we forgive you and welcome back". Who exactly would that be? The current softball fans? Half of them never saw her at UL.

I just haven't seen enough movies, I guess, where a good soldier changes sides... regardless of his reasons... and shortly after retiring from battle... walks back to the other side and expects them to cheer his return.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    HUD told me he'll stomp you first for using his name in your comments. He doesn't know what a YG is, and doesn't care.
    I wasn't talking to you dufous. Anyone with 5,167 posts in a chat room needs to get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by GetTheFacts1st View Post
    I wasn't talking to you dufous.
    This is rich. Before you bash me and say you wasn't talking to me, Zeebart21 wasn't talking to you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GetTheFacts1st View Post
    I wasn't talking to you dufous. Anyone with 5,167 posts in a chat room needs to get a life.
    Get the fact first, dufous, I don't care whether you were talking to me or not. I made a funny at your expense... and I laughed. This forum is a great source of my entertainment, added to my great life. Oh, and in the time it takes you to pick your nose, I've read and written on 10 threads.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

This was such a fun thread!!

Z

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8