Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Spirit Leader: The Fabulous Cajun Chicken

Default Re: The Cajun Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    _ i was not taking anything away from russel but plenty of other schools pass on their traditions. MAscots don't live forever. who knows a he could teach a young person his tricks and maybe that person can come up with some new ones of his own to improve the chicken. _
    About a year ago the guy who was the SA Spurs Coyote had a stroke. Before that no one even knew who he was! Anyway, due to his condition he wasn't able to continue (had several very "physical" stunts) so he became the mentor to a new Spurs Coyote. With Russel's permission and assistance, the Chicken could make a triumphant return too. Like so many have said, it really adds to the enjoyment of the baseball park experience.

USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: The Cajun Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    _ i was not taking anything away from russel but plenty of other schools pass on their traditions. MAscots don't live forever. who knows a he could teach a young person his tricks and maybe that person can come up with some new ones of his own to improve the chicken. _
    What a great return by the chicken! I was prepared for a slightly slower routine. What I got was someone who hasn't lost a step. Mr. Heim, thank you for a truly special night. It's the subleties of the chicken's expressions that make the difference between him and other mascots who just don't have the imagination. I would love to see the chicken make special appearances at selected games. I don't know if Mr. Heim would be interested, but I think it would be a nice compromise. From what I saw last night, there's a lot of life left in the chicken. By the way, does anyone else remember the MC Hammer routine from around 15 years ago?

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by OLF82
    _ What a great return by the chicken! I was prepared for a slightly slower routine. What I got was someone who hasn't lost a step. Mr. Heim, thank you for a truly special night. It's the subleties of the chicken's expressions that make the difference between him and other mascots who just don't have the imagination. I would love to see the chicken make special appearances at selected games. I don't know if Mr. Heim would be interested, but I think it would be a nice compromise. From what I saw last night, there's a lot of life left in the chicken. By the way, does anyone else remember the MC Hammer routine from around 15 years ago? _
    I am of the opinion that one of the reasons that the Chicken was such a hit last night was because we hadn't seen him in such a long time. Everyone loves nostalgia (note the folks who continue to wish for the "good ole days" at Blackham.)

Speaking personally, during the end of his reign as a regular, some of the routines didn't mean as much to me anymore because I had seen them so many times. But last night, each and every one was great. And, I had seen them all before.......many times over.

The Grim Reaper ALWAYS made me laugh......and I LOVED it last night.

Tony talked with Russell last night and asked him to make an annual return for "Turn Back the Clock night." Russell has agreed.

USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: The Cajun Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    _ I am of the opinion that one of the reasons that the Chicken was such a hit last night was because we hadn't seen him in such a long time. Everyone loves nostalgia (note the folks who continue to wish for the "good ole days" at Blackham.)

Speaking personally, during the end of his reign as a regular, some of the routines didn't mean as much to me anymore because I had seen them so many times. But last night, each and every one was great. And, I had seen them all before.......many times over.

The Grim Reaper ALWAYS made me laugh......and I LOVED it last night.

Tony talked with Russell last night and asked him to make an annual return for "Turn Back the Clock night." Russell has agreed. _
    I could not agree more. While nostalgia was a part of the reason for the response, he still connects with people. Grim Reaper is my favorite, also. It's great to hear he will be making a return next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    I agree that part of the reason everybody was excited about the Chicken last night was because of the fact we have not seen him around in some time. I agree that the chicken is a one of a kind individual. Russel is without a doubt a talented individual.

I think what needs to happen is Cayenne needs to be a suit that is more chicken like that can do more skits and stuff and with Russel's blessing maybe come out with a drum.

My Favorite part of any chicken apearance is the DRUM, it get's the crowd going. I love that people who I know for a fact sit on there hands game in game out cheered last night. Now that was awesome.

Where is the Alphonse suit, now that would be awesome. Alphonse return as a Ragin Cajun Bull gator.

Default Re: UL Mascot

I'd just as soon see the Fabulous Cajun Chicken be brought back as the official mascot.....can UL buy the rights/suit and train someone new to play him.....now he was the real deal...

Default Re: UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post

I'd just as soon see the Fabulous Cajun Chicken be brought back as the official mascot.....can UL buy the rights/suit and train someone new to play him.....now he was the real deal... _
    He was at Cajun Fan Day. You didn't see him?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3