_ _ _ _

Thread: UL hopes to sweep Rice Owls

1. Default UL hopes to sweep Rice Owls

Last year the Ragin' Cajuns got hot in the second half of the regular season, winning 23 of 27 games to secure a share of the league championship. After a 2-0 win at Rice on April 5, the Cajuns improved to 17-11 this season. But since that victory they've ...

Default Re: UL hopes to sweep Rice Owls

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    Robichaux said. "We appreciate (Rice coach) Wayne Graham playing us in a home-and-home (series). A lot of teams of their caliber won't do that, and I respect him for doing it."

I don't get that kind of statement by Coach Robe. UL has been to a World Series and is no baseball slouch. UL would like to be in a conference like C-USA with Rice as a conference mate. We sound like we don't belong and are so thankful that they are blessing us with their presence. We should be playing Rice and Houston EVERY YEAR in EVERY SPORT. Maybe after Rice sees what kind of baseball atmosphere we have at the Tigue, we'll get more home & homes with them. I'll bet we had one of their best visiting team crowds this year in Houston and we beat them. This is our FUTURE, not schools like ULM and UALR.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ Robichaux said. "We appreciate (Rice coach) Wayne Graham playing us in a home-and-home (series). A lot of teams of their caliber won't do that, and I respect him for doing it."

We sound like we don't belong and are so thankful that they are blessing us with their presence.

I heard Robe say this or something close a time or two. The way I take it is more of a dig at LSU and Tulane than thankful that Rice came here. I dont know though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Clampett View Post
    _ I heard Robe say this or something close a time or two. The way I take it is more of a dig at LSU and Tulane than thankful that Rice came here. I dont know though. _
    Exactly, it is more a dig at Tulame and lswho.

GEAUX UL!

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    _ Exactly, it is more a dig at Tulame and lswho.

GEAUX UL! _

If you read betwwen the lines... That is exactly what he is saying!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Robichaux said. "We appreciate (Rice coach) Wayne Graham playing us in a home-and-home (series). A lot of teams of their caliber won't do that, and I respect him for doing it."

I don't get that kind of statement by Coach Robe. UL has been to a World Series and is no baseball slouch. UL would like to be in a conference like C-USA with Rice as a conference mate. We sound like we don't belong and are so thankful that they are blessing us with their presence. We should be playing Rice and Houston EVERY YEAR in EVERY SPORT. Maybe after Rice sees what kind of baseball atmosphere we have at the Tigue, we'll get more home & homes with them. I'll bet we had one of their best visiting team crowds this year in Houston and we beat them. This is our FUTURE, not schools like ULM and UALR.

Coach Robe is showing coach Graham respect for not being afraid to play the Cajuns in Lafayette. Some teams are scared and won't do it because they know they'll face a strong club. Getting a home-and-home set up with a program as strong as Rice isn't as easy as it sounds. Both sides have to want to do it, and even then you have to have similar open dates, be close enough proximity-wise due to travel expenses, etc.

igeaux.mobi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Clampett View Post
    _ I heard Robe say this or something close a time or two. The way I take it is more of a dig at LSU and Tulane than thankful that Rice came here. I dont know though. _
    Coach Mainieri has agreed to play UL at the Tigue. Coach Robe has a good relationship with him, we talked about it yesterday. I would think it's more of a shot fired at Jones at Tulane and other regional programs in Texas and Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ Coach Mainieri has agreed to play UL at the Tigue. Coach Robe has a good relationship with him, we talked about it yesterday. I would think it's more of a shot fired at Jones at Tulane and other regional programs in Texas and Mississippi. _

I know about LSU coming here BJ, but what the hell took so long? Tulane??? We did just fine this year without them. Rick Jones is a wuss.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ Coach Mainieri has agreed to play UL at the Tigue. Coach Robe has a good relationship with him, we talked about it yesterday. I would think it's more of a shot fired at Jones at Tulane and other regional programs in Texas and Mississippi. _
    LSU is coming 1 time in 2013, what about all the other years that Mainieri has been the head coach at LSU? I think it's a shot fired at all the stuck up programs around us: LSU, Tulane, Houston, Atm, Texas, Ole Miss, MIss State, etc.

GEAUX UL!

In a word: Bertman

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    _ LSU is coming 1 time in 2013, what about all the other years that Mainieri has been the head coach at LSU? I think it's a shot fired at all the stuck up programs around us: LSU, Tulane, Houston, Atm, Texas, Ole Miss, MIss State, etc.

GEAUX UL! _
    See Skip Bertman below, give Mainieri credit. He was willing to do the deal despite some negative feedback from LSU insiders. I agree it's a shot fired at a number of programs.