Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cajuns vs Troy game 3

Default Re: Cajuns vs Troy game 3

Geith did not have good stuff today. Tony left him in a bit too long. I remember Jay saying Tony was going to bring in Wascom....then all of a sudden he didn't...then the dagger happened. That three run bomb killed us. Hindsight is 20/20....but with 2 outs and two men on....with a pitcher that was getting hammered, a season title on the line, you would think Tony would have had something ready in case it all went to hell in a hand basket. But I can't question his coaching....because he is UL's coach and I am not. Beat Rice, sweep Middle, embarrass ULM, and make a run in the tourney. All is not lost.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

How would a 6 and 1 record down the stretch with a win over Rice help our chances for an at large bid? I know I might be grasping at straws but it's just something to instill a bit of optimism going into the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    _ Geith did not have good stuff today. Tony left him in a bit too long. I remember Jay saying Tony was going to bring in Wascom....then all of a sudden he didn't...then the dagger happened. That three run bomb killed us. Hindsight is 20/20....but with 2 outs and two men on....with a pitcher that was getting hammered, a season title on the line, you would think Tony would have had something ready in case it all went to hell in a hand basket. But I can't question his coaching....because he is UL's coach and I am not. Beat Rice, sweep Middle, embarrass ULM, and make a run in the tourney. All is not lost. _
    The last time Wascom came in to pitch was against McNeese and he blew that save and I was wishing he had left Nicholson in longer. So yes hind sight is 20/20 and you never no what is going to happen. It is easy to bash Tony after it happens.

UL Baseball Re: Cajuns vs Troy game 3

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    _ How would a 6 and 1 record down the stretch with a win over Rice help our chances for an at large bid? I know I might be grasping at straws but it's just something to instill a bit of optimism going into the tournament. _
    Tremendously. The win over Rice is important as it would help the Cajuns' record vs. the Base RPI Top 25/50/75/100. Meanwhile, without crunching the numbers, I am fairly certain that a 6-1 finish would put the Cajuns in the Top 50 Adjusted RPI going into the conference tournament. A 2-1 showing (not making the tournament finals) might be enough to keep it and put the Cajuns firmly on the bubble ... assuming a third place conference finish.

With SLU falling out of the Base RPI Top 50, the Cajuns are now 3-1 vs. the Base RPI Top 25 and 8-6 vs. the Top 50. But should SLU sneak back into the Top 50, that would put the Cajuns at 8-8 vs. The Top 50. A winning record vs. the Base RPI Top 50 would look good at selection time.

Note that while the Cajuns are currently 8-6 vs. the Base RPI Top 50, they are 9-10 vs. the Base RPI Top 75. They are also 11-11 vs. the Base RPI Top 100. You want to avoid losing records here ... and the only remaining regular season game against a Top 100 Base RPI opponent is Rice. The Cajuns also need South Alabama to hang onto their Base RPI Top 100 ranking ... currently at #98.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ The last time Wascom came in to pitch was against McNeese and he blew that save and I was wishing he had left Nicholson in longer. So yes hind sight is 20/20 and you never no what is going to happen. It is easy to bash Tony after it happens. _
    I'm not bashing Tony, but I'm blaming him. KILLER INSTINCT. Find players with it and we don't crumble in arguably the most important game of the season.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3