Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UL-Lafayette Should Drop To D1AA....

Why not shoot for the best?

There have been plenty of teams who have gone from terrible to very respectable. Southern Miss is an example. There is no reason why we can't do the same.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

A fair shot would have been IF we had been INVESTING in athletics over the past 30 years!!!!! We are just getting started investing, hopefully not too late! First home game post SC 14-7 lost, we had 24,300+ at the game. Acadiana will support a winner and will get one!! Around $30 MILLION is being raised for UL Athletics now, 20 million is for scholarships, 4.6 million + indoor practice facility, 1.4 million track/soccer complex, $800thousand on new baseball bleachers, new lights for baseball, softball, and football, All sports have new scoreboards, tennis room $200+thousand, weight room to double, training room to quadruple, 1 3/4 times the dressing rooms, coaches offices refurbished, SKY boxes refurbished, Gateway projects underway,etc!!!!!!

WE ARE NOT GOING DOWN, WITHOUT A REAL CAJUN FIGHT!!!!!

LOUISIANA PROUD!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the post and the props but please drop the extra L. Your facilities look GREAT!!!!!

I think it is a mindset, a mentality. When I was active in the Alumni Association, I saw an SLI Alumni Association publication from 1959, painting a vision of a 40,000-seat stadium and competing on the major college level. I wish someone with easy access to campus (parking pass) would find that and get it duplicated in some way to get it on the message boards and share that vision. Turbine, this is something up your alley. The words that come to mind is that "this is our destiny." At least that's what has kept me believing through it all for 32 football seasons. Seeing it again would give others the vision I have kept in my heart from Day 1. We need the masses to have that vision.

When you're 16-years old and shaved once or twice a week at the time, if that much, and you're 48 years old, in other words after 2/3 of your life has passed, this becomes ingrained in you like the air you breathe. I love this university like I love my wife, whom I met 25 years ago this December and have been married to for 22 years. It has been for the most part "tough love" because we have had to deal with an obstinate administration. I had never heard of U(S)L until a week before I moved here when I was 16. The varsity basketball coach who signed me out of the high school I attended in California in P.E. had heard of "Southwestern Louisiana" because they were ranked #13 in the nation in basketball at the time. I think this is what keeps some of us pressing on in the face of adversity, how great we know things really can be if we just do what it takes to be successful.

When all is said and about to be done, I will ask myself, "What kept you hanging in there and what kept you believing?"

There's something I believe in, I don't know why, but In think there is something very special in store for this university. Selfishly, I just hope I'm still living when it reaches fruition.

KEEP ON TRUCKIN' BIG RED!

the southland already is the premier 1aa conference. they dont need our help.

How has it not worked out? We have had some limited success and some setbacks. We have beaten a Big 12 team and have been very competitive with Arkansas, S Carolina, and many others in the recent past. We are patient. We have something to build on. We would rather see how far we can go than give up and accept something less than what we might have been. These things don't happen overnight. Others have come from where we are to have top 25 success. Fresno St, N Illinois, Boise St, E Carolina, S Miss, etc. These are teams that once competed at our level. What changed? Well, for starters they didn't buy into any of the theories that you are expressing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2