Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Football traditions?

UL Football Re: Game Day Traditions

we seem to have loosing down pat!!!!!! That was a cheap shot, sorry guys. GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Game Day Traditions

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    >>>

Welcome aboard Dad!!!

On the west side of Cajunfield is Bertrand Drive... Along the chain link fence is one lonely oak tree...said oak tree is "semi" across the street from Luthers BBQ...

We, "The Delphi group" are always located there...We offer up food and drink for weary travelers....players parents as well....

We have been graced with the presence of RWCajun(Greg Hodges dad) many times...

Although I will be unable to unattend, I speak for all "delphites" when I say welcome, and GO CAJUNS!!!!

Z.
    Dad17, some of the players parents meet at the tennis pavillion, it is a calmer area than some. You are certainly welcome. Don't miss the Cajun walk at 4:30. Allow time to go around and visit different fans like at the eauk(sp., I just try to be Cajunish). They and others like them are great to visit. I look forward to the tailgating atmosphere almost as much as the game.

anybody offerin up any food or drink for a poor college studen? :o

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    >>>

Welcome aboard Dad!!!

On the west side of Cajunfield is Bertrand Drive... Along the chain link fence is one lonely oak tree...said oak tree is "semi" across the street from Luthers BBQ...

We, "The Delphi group" are always located there...We offer up food and drink for weary travelers....players parents as well....

We have been graced with the presence of RWCajun(Greg Hodges dad) many times...

Although I will be unable to unattend, I speak for all "delphites" when I say welcome, and GO CAJUNS!!!!

Z.
    zee sounds like your spot is near me and my friends...we are located near where the players get off the buses for the cajun walk

dont forget about the Ragin March, before tha game, parade around the stadium with the Band and cheer leaders. which will start at 6

Quote Originally Posted by cajunstudent
    anybody offerin up any food or drink for a poor college studen? :o

The Krewe de Chew welcomes everyone. We are located on the west side of the maintenance building. Can't miss us...two big white tents and a big Krewe de Chew sign. Good food, good company and refreshments. Come and introduce yourself.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    zee sounds like your spot is near me and my friends...we are located near where the players get off the buses for the cajun walk
    Under the oak tree...come see us...

Z.

Krew de Chew has some of the best food I've ever eaten. We stumbled upon their tents last year and they took really good care of us.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888
    Krew de Chew has some of the best food I've ever eaten. We stumbled upon their tents last year and they took really good care of us.
    CJR, no need to stumble this year. We are in the same place, but with an additional tent for covered socializing. If you need any convincing to come around check out our site, www.ulathletics.net/krewe-de-chew, and click on menus in the side bar. Come around and visit with me. I am the old grey bearded, over weight guy who makes every one else in the Krewe work.

I'll probably still be stumbling this year. Thats what happens when I add Coors Light and 90 degree heat.

Ragin' Cajuns What is your favorite UL tradition?

Saw this similar question on the Sun Belt Board and wondered what some of you thought, here was my answer

These are all football, maybe someone who goes to more basketball game than I do can add some basketball traditions. For me, while it is a fairly new thing (2 or 3 years I think), I love when they play "Born on the Bayou" at Cajun Field when the Cajuns come out for warmups. My 2nd would probably be the pregame tailgating but unlike some I make it into the stadium well before kickoff 3rd would be the students sitting behind the visiting teams bench talking smack to them the entire game.

Blog Entries

Default Re: What is your favorite UL tradition?

Do I have to go with my favorite or can I simply go with most unique? Now I have never seen or participated in this myself, Nor do I condone superstitious thinking. So you may just want to file this under UL swamp legend . . .

Anyway the tradition story goes like this . . . .

On the morning of every UL athletic event, thousands of Ragin' Cajun fans make their way to The Swamp in the heart of the UL campus just to rub the head of ULLAGE the cypress carved Bull Gator.

What this is supposed to do is guarantee that none of the UL players get dehydrated while opponents will need intravenous liquids. . . . and if you ever listen to a national broadcast this is all they talk about.

The only time I want to touch a gator is if it is fried and on a plate

What's quickly becoming my favorite tradition is when the basketball team sings the fight song after wins and the band plays the alma mater afterwards. I'm really hoping that the singing of the fight song catches on to other sports. It really gives a sense of pride to those involved.

Basketball players singing the fight song is the best tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by NCAA or BUST
    Basketball players singing the fight song is the best tradition.
    That reminded me that I forgot about the players (football) going over to the student section after home game victories.

This is so COOL Re: What is your favorite UL tradition?

Quote Originally Posted by SwampHound
    Saw this similar question on the Sun Belt Board and wondered what some of you thought, here was my answer
    Stumbling into French Lab for a test I could pass in my sleep after a big night at the KEG,LYBRARY, AND BLUE NOTE. Yes I was sleep walking on those mornings. Thank God for French Lab.

Blog Entries

Seventh inning stretch at Tigue Moore Field

Singing the fight song after basketball games. I would love for them to add that at the football games.

DaddyCajun is online now Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: What is your favorite UL tradition?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    Singing the fight song after basketball games. I would love for them to add that at the football games.
    1) Fight song being sung by the Basketball team
    2) Seventh inning stretch at the Tigue
    3) Announcer @ Lady Cajun Softball
    4) the Walk prior to a UL football game
    5) The large Louisiana flag @ UL Football
    6) Victory Flags
    7) The Cannon(where is it at, we need it back)!
    8) Listening to Jay or Stevie P on the radio while bar-b-q ing during an away game
    9) Road trips
    10) Deep frying Froglegs, shrimp, soft shell crabs and catfish on the 3rd base box seat side at the Tigue while watching the mens Basketball team in the NCAA big dance on a TV set up on top of a extra section of fence which doubles as our table to fry on.

DaddyCajun

ps They are in no particular order!
    pss Don't forget the Ragin Jazz!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast