_ _ _ _

Thread: 13 Seed

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Basketball 13 Seed

I have heard a lot of great things about our match up with UofL but i also keep hearing but they are so good do you think we can win. Also hearing I don't think we can beat them we got the shaft with this seed.

All this got me to thinking...if we are afraid of competition why are we playing the games. Sure myself, like a lot of other people believe we are much better than a 13 seed but thats where we were placed. If we want to be treated like a big time program then we need to go out and play with the big time programs. We have nothing to lose in this game and a lot to gain so lets get behind out Cajuns and cheer them on to a Sweet 16. If we lose though I will still be proud of what this team has accomplished this year and the foundation that they have built for the future of our Basketball program.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it annoys me that everyone keeps mentioning that Louie-ville got screwed with a 4 seed and to make it worse they need to play Georgia Tech in the second round. <

Did I miss something there???
    Oh well, the hell with them! I know the general will take care of this and make it bulletin board material.

With that said...annoying? yes it is, but I am kinda like it because the Cajuns are flying under the radar and makes me think the Cards are looking at that match up too! We just need to swallow the lack of respect for now, but the general is preparing his battle plan and I know he will take care of business with his troops. Give it a week, and all you will hear and read about is the University of Louisiana Ragin Cajuns!

No excuses. Play to win, no matter who you play.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

Default Re: 13 Seed

Originally posted by Clutch0364
    I have heard a lot of great things about our match up with UofL but i also keep hearing but they are so good do you think we can win. Also hearing I don't think we can beat them we got the shaft with this seed.

All this got me to thinking...if we are afraid of competition why are we playing the games. Sure myself, like a lot of other people believe we are much better than a 13 seed but thats where we were placed. If we want to be treated like a big time program then we need to go out and play with the big time programs. We have nothing to lose in this game and a lot to gain so lets get behind out Cajuns and cheer them on to a Sweet 16. If we lose though I will still be proud of what this team has accomplished this year and the foundation that they have built for the future of our Basketball program.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    To be the best, you have to beat the best.

>> To be the best, you have to beat the best <<

Not necessarily true. Ohio State beat Illinois...and they have NO chance to be the best. They aren't even in the Tourney

But, Louisville is beatable. We have to "penetrate and dish" our way to victory. Not to mention -yet again- make our free throws

Ohio State couldnt play in the postseason. But I get your point, just saying! BTW, the Cajuns are the best!

and NOT do what we did against NC State last year. Friday will NOT be the time to become bricklayers

Visualize and attack.

Originally posted by jhaan79
    and NOT do what we did against NC State last year. Friday will NOT be the time to become bricklayers
    Alright, finally found a active sight for my Cards first round opponent. First of all, you guys can forget the Cards overlooking you. Pitino will not allow that to happen. Louisville has specialized in shutting down 6-5ish wing players this year (see Memphis Rodney Carney, Charlotte's Eddie Basden). We are an experienced team that does not panic under pressure situations. I am not saying we will blow you guys out of the gym (I have not seen you guys play, so I cannot jump to that conclusion), but jhan79 is right, you better come out shooting decent, because we have four guys who can light if up, and pick it up for any of the others who are having an off night. Add to that a center who recorded a triple double in the conference tourney and we are pretty much clicking on all cylinders. THAT is why we are having such trouble accepting the 4 seed, no disrespect to you guys at all.

our starting 5 can play with anybody in the country. We dont have much of a bench or a true "big man", but they push the ball up the court & play their hearts out. I truly believe it will come down to turnovers and free throws... both teams will shoot about 35%

from the field...not the line

We shoot 40% as a team from 3 point land for the entire season, I wouldn't count on the Cards shooting 35% from the field in this game.

"We dont have much of a bench or a true "big man", "

hehe, cant wait for them to get a taste of The Cameron!!! Eh, mate! Cant wait to see the look on the Cards faces when they see our favorite 6"11 Aussie drilling 3's. Not to mention our 6"6 guards driving down the lane, and Mitchell touching to rafters in the gym before he lays down his monster jam!!!

Ive seen Mitchell touch the top of the backboard. Simply an incredible jumper

Ragin' Cajuns

Shhhhhhhhhhh!....Don't spoil it for the Card's! Let them experiance it for themselves!

Technically we're used to seeing a big guy shooting threes. Steve Novak for Marquette has made 20 of 40 three pointers the past three seasons against us and he stands at 6'10". One of those games he was 8-13.

Pitino will not look past you guys while preparing the team for the tournament. My guess is that he tries to prepare them for all three possible opponents. Which is the smart move because nobody wants to go into it thinking they are going home after the first day!

Good luck Cajuns!!

The gentlemen that are playing the games are not the ones posting comments on bulletin boards about their concerns with the match-up. I'm confident that our team is completely convinced that they can win if the put forth the effort. Coach Lee has stated that the 13 seed was about what he expected. He also said that if we want to get more respect and higher seeds, the SBC needs to start winning some games, and we have an opportunity to do that Friday.