Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 729

Thread: Campus Construction

  1. #641
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,824

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Views looking towards St Mary, with the swamp behind me

    Attached Images Attached Images    

  2. #642
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,601

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Looking good, thanks for the pics Cajuns_fan!


  3. #643
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,824

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    The wall in front of Martin Hall is really taking shape, and will be a fantastic addition to campus, IMHO

    Attached Images Attached Images    

  4. #644
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    I do not think they could make the sidewalks wider because of the live oaks, digging into their root system just a little can kill them. Again thanks for all of the pictures and updates.


  5. #645
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,824

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I do not think they could make the sidewalks wider because of the live oaks, digging into their root system just a little can kill them. Again thanks for all of the pictures and updates.
    Kind of thought that might play into it. But also, there are several utilities involved, and I know moving them would probably be a big expense

  6. #646
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,691

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    Kind of thought that might play into it. But also, there are several utilities involved, and I know moving them would probably be a big expense
    Can you imagine alumni returning for HC after some years? Total shock!!!o

  7. #647
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,824

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Concrete block work is finished for the wall at the Martin Hall parking lot. Martin Hall is to the left.



  8. #648
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,824

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    I wonder if there are any plans to re-hab the fountain in front of Martin Hall, or the entrance gates on University & Johnston? At least paint them.....those yellow bricks really stand out. I see painted brick all the time, and think it looks ok. It would be great to give these both an update.


  9. #649
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,482

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Concrete block work is finished for the wall at the Martin Hall parking lot. Martin Hall is to the left.


    Do you know when the wall will be finished? Surprised they didn't get that done before school started.

  10. #650
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    801

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Concrete block work is finished for the wall at the Martin Hall parking lot. Martin Hall is to the left.


    Good thing that all of these "street view" projects are looking good, because I walked to the Quad yesterday after we moved the boys into the Conference Center, and it looks like complete crap. the grass is high and looks like it hasn't been touched in a while. Just a big muddy mess. Any idea on the timeline for that?

  11. #651
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,691

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    Good thing that all of these "street view" projects are looking good, because I walked to the Quad yesterday after we moved the boys into the Conference Center, and it looks like complete crap. the grass is high and looks like it hasn't been touched in a while. Just a big muddy mess. Any idea on the timeline for that?

    I will say this that I really believe that T-Joe is committed to having an impeccably kept campus---When you see him on Saturdays riding in a cart picking up trash around the area you know he is in for the hunt

    I can't wait to bring some friends on campus and show them my school ---the University of Louisiana---We will have the beautiful housing at the front going into the huge Student Center---this walks out to the Queen of the Campus Cypress Lake (hopefully enlarged)---no more torn up streets and a continual demolishing of the old and building of new beautiful only buildings---Yes the Quad will along with the entrance circle be a thing of beauty!!!


  12. #652
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,482

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    Good thing that all of these "street view" projects are looking good, because I walked to the Quad yesterday after we moved the boys into the Conference Center, and it looks like complete crap. the grass is high and looks like it hasn't been touched in a while. Just a big muddy mess. Any idea on the timeline for that?
    Gotta wonder why the quad wasn't a priority to get finished before school starts next week. It is such a heavily traversed area and is a complete mess. From pictures shown over the summer, it looks like little to nothing has been done by the contractor. Anyone know who the contractor is and why this is taking so long to complete?

  13. #653
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,824

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Gotta wonder why the quad wasn't a priority to get finished before school starts next week. It is such a heavily traversed area and is a complete mess. From pictures shown over the summer, it looks like little to nothing has been done by the contractor. Anyone know who the contractor is and why this is taking so long to complete?
    The job was divided into three phases, the below ground work, the hard scape and then the Landscape. This was done on purpose to get below the contract thresh hold for State of Louisiana review (everything was kept local at the University). Once the below ground work was completed then they took bids on the hard scape. The contractor has started up on the hard scape but progress is very slow. That's why I don't take photos every week. End result, three different contracts, three different contractors although from what is seen by the casual observer one contract done by one very slow contractor.

  14. #654
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Old Jef erson...
    Posts
    1,381

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    What's the projected dates of completion for the Union and the Quad?


  15. #655
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,668

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    What's the projected dates of completion for the Union and the Quad?
    As per the louisiana.edu website;

    http://studentunion.louisiana.edu/

    Student Union construction update

    See the latest construction updates on YouTube.

    Construction on the new University of Louisiana ... at Lafayette Student Union is unfolding on schedule, with work expected to be completed by the end of the year.

    The renovation and expansion of the building, which began in late 2012, is about 55 percent finished, said Bill Crist, UL Lafayette's director of Facilities Management. The project involves new construction and the renovation of University bookstore, the main ballroom and Bayou Bijou theater.

    Once finished, the new facility will have about 178,000 square feet, or 55,000 square feet more than the former structure.

    The new two-story building will be fronted with brick arches outside the main entrance, which faces McKinley Street. It will house Canebrake Cafeteria, meeting and conference rooms, offices, a post office and a coffee shop.

    "The Student Union will again be the heartbeat of campus, an area that students and employees will gravitate to," said Joey Pons, UL Lafayette's director of Public Safety and Risk Management, who gave a tour of it recently.

    The cafeteria will spread across most of the second floor. Diners will have a view of Cypress Lake through a bank of windows.

    The expanded and renovated building will be farther from Cypress Lake than the original Union. A landscaped courtyard with seating will fill the intervening space.

    The $39 million project is funded by students. About 10 years ago, the student body approved a $55 fee per semester that was dedicated to a new Student Union. In, 2005, they approved an additional $20 semester fee for it.

  16. #656
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,668

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    There is also a facilities project status page you can reference on the website.

    http://facilities.louisiana.edu/reso...rojects-status


  17. #657
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    801

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    There is also a facilities project status page you can reference on the website.

    http://facilities.louisiana.edu/reso...rojects-status
    That PDF file isn't worth a hill of beans if you ask me.. it says that the estimated completion date for the Quad was Aug 14th, and says "On Time"... yeah.. well... that didn't happen.

  18. #658
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    The job was divided into three phases, the below ground work, the hard scape and then the Landscape. This was done on purpose to get below the contract thresh hold for State of Louisiana review (everything was kept local at the University). Once the below ground work was completed then they took bids on the hard scape. The contractor has started up on the hard scape but progress is very slow. That's why I don't take photos every week. End result, three different contracts, three different contractors although from what is seen by the casual observer one contract done by one very slow contractor.
    There has been a lot of wasted time in the project. I walked past the Quad every week day during June and July for summer class and there was a period of more than a month where absolutely nothing happened. The work currently being done didn't start until the last few weeks of July. I don't know the ins and outs of the bidding process but it seems like they could have been a lot further along at the start of classes if not for the month+ of dead time.

  19. #659
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Making my rounds today.

    Has there been much of a noticable update on the welcome wall outside of Martin Hall? Last I saw it was formed up but not sealed and finished.

    Should I dare even ask about Quad?!


  20. #660
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,824

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    I actually drove by Martin Hall this weekend, and this morning before daylight: looks like the bricks (on the wall facing University, at least) are complete, but no letters attached yet. Also, it was lit up and looked fantastic this morning.
    GEAUX Cajuns!


Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •