Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 729

Thread: Campus Construction

  1. #601
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,860

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    This is the first material delivery for the new wall in the circle in front of Martin Hall


  2. #602
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,919

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Helmut, what exactly are they doing here? Building some sort of new wall??


  3. #603
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,860

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    It will be a wall with the ACADEMIC logo on it. You will be able to see the logo from University Ave. There will be a bench on that side so that people can take their photos with Martin Hall in the background and it will hide the parking lot.


  4. #604
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,179

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    It will be a wall with the ACADEMIC logo on it. You will be able to see the logo from University Ave. There will be a bench on that side so that people can take their photos with Martin Hall in the background and it will hide the parking lot.
    Kind of behind the ugly yellow fountain?

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,860

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    The location of the statue of Dr. Stephens near Guirard Hall. I would suspect that the statue will be placed fairly soon. There was an article in a recent issue of La Louisiane




    may-11-20 Rosegardendorms, on Flickr


    Foundation work has started for the wall in the circle. this photo was taken under one of the "Three Sister" oaks.




    may-11-21 Rosegardendorms, on Flickr


  6. #606
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,179

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Statue dedication is Friday morning.


  7. #607
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,248

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    It's been so many years since I've seen the campus. I really miss the university and going to school there.


  8. #608
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,860

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    For some reason the construction on the wall has stopped. The rebar is muddy and there is plenty of mud at the bottom of the excavation.




    july-6-7 Rosegardendorms, on Flickr

    Angelle Hall gets a new roof. As seen from the top of the Olivier Parking tower.




    july-6-1 Rosegardendorms, on Flickr




    july-6-2 Rosegardendorms, on Flickr

    The system is a spray on elastomeric type material. It look like it is a first class system.

    This is the screen for the cooling towers behind Wharton Hall next to Burke-Hawthorn The bottom of the wall looks like they are preparing for a nuclear attack.




    july-6-4 Rosegardendorms, on Flickr


  9. #609
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,741

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    I'm assuming the screen has to allow air flow for the cooling tower, right?


  10. #610
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I'm assuming the screen has to allow air flow for the cooling tower, right?
    You would be correct.

  11. #611
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,901

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Phewww....finally: progress on the 'wall.' It seems the concrete base has been poured. BTW: nothing new going on in the quad, yet.

    Attached Images Attached Images    

  12. #612
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,709

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Lookin good, thanks for the pics!


  13. #613
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,682

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    july-6-2 Rosegardendorms, on Flickr

    The system is a spray on elastomeric type material. It look like it is a first class system.


    I sell some Elastomeric systems, and I will tell you while not a bad system we should have gone with a Silicone. We are now stocking a product called GACO Roof, it comes with a 50 year warranty against ponding water. There is not a Elastomeric system around today that warrants against ponding water, so basically the 10 year warranty that most Elastomeric carry is null and void the day they are applied.

    GACO/Other Silicone products are much more economical and will in the long run be a much better solution. The problem with Elastomerics is that this will have to be reapplied in a couple of years, due to ponding water on a flat roof.


  14. #614
    Hammer58's Avatar
    Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Tony Matto. Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    10,597

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    july-6-2 Rosegardendorms, on Flickr

    The system is a spray on elastomeric type material. It look like it is a first class system.


    I sell some Elastomeric systems, and I will tell you while not a bad system we should have gone with a Silicone. We are now stocking a product called GACO Roof, it comes with a 50 year warranty against ponding water. There is not a Elastomeric system around today that warrants against ponding water, so basically the 10 year warranty that most Elastomeric carry is null and void the day they are applied.

    GACO/Other Silicone products are much more economical and will in the long run be a much better solution. The problem with Elastomerics is that this will have to be reapplied in a couple of years, due to ponding water on a flat roof.
    Elastomerics? Is that like Krueger industries Smoothing?

  15. #615
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,692

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Elastomerics? Is that like Krueger industries Smoothing?
    T-Bone!!!

    Z

  16. #616
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,682

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Just to give you an example, Gardner Gibson makes a very good Elastomeric product that carries a 3 year warranty, but if you read the warranty carefully, it states that it does not cover flat roofs and/or ponding water. Let me give you a little information about flat roofs, they all have ponding water. Point being in probably 3 years we will have to re roof that building. If they had used a 100% Silicone like GACOROOF, then they would have paid more in the short term, but it could withstand ponding water for 50 years.

    WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER: White-Kote™ White Roof Coating is believed to be of good quality and to
    be in accordance with the specifications set forth herein, for a period of three (3) years from the date of purchase.
    This warranty is only applicable when this product is applied according to our directions, in two coats,
    and used with other Gardner products. [FONT=Arial Black]This warranty does not cover flat roofs, or poor drainage surfaces where
    ponding water exists. All surfaces must maintain a minimum slope of 1" per foot (5°), to be eligible for warranty.[/
    FONT]If the coating does not perform as stated during the guarantee period, we will provide the original purchaser
    with proof of purchase receipt with replacement coating to repair the affected part of the roof. Failures due
    to acts of God, fire, structural defects or causes beyond our control are excluded from this guarantee.
    Gardner is not responsible for any labor, property or other consequential damages or costs incurred in the original
    or any replacement application. Except as stated


  17. #617
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,682

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Just to give you an example, Gardner Gibson makes a very good Elastomeric product that carries a 3 year warranty, but if you read the warranty carefully, it states that it does not cover flat roofs and/or ponding water. Let me give you a little information about flat roofs, they all have ponding water. Point being in probably 3 years we will have to re roof that building. If they had used a 100% Silicone like GACOROOF, then they would have paid more in the short term, but it could withstand ponding water for 50 years.

    WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER: White-Kote™ White Roof Coating is believed to be of good quality and to
    be in accordance with the specifications set forth herein, for a period of three (3) years from the date of purchase.
    This warranty is only applicable when this product is applied according to our directions, in two coats,
    and used with other Gardner products. [FONT=Arial Black]This warranty does not cover flat roofs, or poor drainage surfaces where
    ponding water exists. All surfaces must maintain a minimum slope of 1" per foot (5°), to be eligible for warranty.[/
    FONT]If the coating does not perform as stated during the guarantee period, we will provide the original purchaser
    with proof of purchase receipt with replacement coating to repair the affected part of the roof. Failures due
    to acts of God, fire, structural defects or causes beyond our control are excluded from this guarantee.
    Gardner is not responsible for any labor, property or other consequential damages or costs incurred in the original
    or any replacement application. Except as stated
    Gardner Gibson also makes a 10 year warranty product called Black Jack 1000. But check out the warranty there as well.

    This product states that it does not warrant against ponding water on a flat roof. Again for education purposes, there is no such thing as a flat roof without ponding water. So if they used either the 3 year or 10 year Elastomeric, neither has a warranty and will need to be replaced, probably in 3-10 years, but I would conservatively say 5 years.

  18. #618
    Hammer58's Avatar
    Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Tony Matto. Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    10,597

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    T-Bone!!!

    Z
    I think we'll call you Koko.

  19. #619
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,741

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Gardner Gibson also makes a 10 year warranty product called Black Jack 1000. But check out the warranty there as well.

    This product states that it does not warrant against ponding water on a flat roof. Again for education purposes, there is no such thing as a flat roof without ponding water. So if they used either the 3 year or 10 year Elastomeric, neither has a warranty and will need to be replaced, probably in 3-10 years, but I would conservatively say 5 years.
    Black Jack, hmmmmmmmmmmmm..............................

  20. #620
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,901

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    From this morning. It appears the base is done, and ready for the cinder blocks to start going up soon.

    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •