Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by KragincajunS10 View Post
    HelmutVII is the man. It has been so much fun keeping up with construction. I only hope when they renovate the Tigue, the track stadium and the football stadium the university or "someone" will be able to provide just a little of what he has done for us. Fans love seeing things like this. Get's them excited about the university!
    Thank you for your kind words. As you can see from the photo from the driveway to my home, I didn't have to go far to take photos.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Thank you for your kind words. As you can see from the photo from the driveway to my home, I didn't have to go far to take photos.
    True but I am sure it took a while to make your posts uploading all those photos and explaining them for us. I appreciate the time you dedicated to that!

Oh and I am looking forward to newer Teurlings stadium renovation photos and Student Union photos! ha

So proud of what the campus will look like once the landscaping and clean-up are done. Thanks so much for posting such pictures and for explaining what is going on. It was great!

Students moving into Corona Hall today. It was pretty good to see.

Serious moving in today in the new and renovated halls. Only construction left is Randolph, Alumni Hall (Vermilion Offices) and Buchanan.

Painting on the rear of Randolph Hall. (it rained less than an hour after I took this photo)

painting-randolph

Completed Rose Garden

rose-garden

A view of the Rose Garden from the side of Buchanan Hall (to the left) The new sidewalk is in the same location as the old sidewalk that passed through the old rose garden. It continued to the sun room between Old Baked and Old Huger. The entrance to the sun room was where the lamp pole to the rear is now. Looks like they respected to old rose garden location fairly well. I would have liked to have seen a sun dial though.

rose-garden-2

Buchanan Hall with new windows

buchanan

Name plate (Girls Dormitory) that was over the door of now demolished Evangeline Hall. Glad to see they saved it.

evangeline-plaque

Students moving in Bonin on right and Corona on left as seen from Boucher Drive.

checking-in-1

Students moving into Corona Hall. Mother in blue shirt is following her daughter in yellow shirt who is walking in the door.

checking-in-2

Bonin Hall Courtyard as seen from north fire escape to Harris Hall.

bonin-courtyard1

Another View of the Bonin courtyard from the North fire escape to Harris Hall.

bonin-courtyard2

Bonin Hall courtyard as seen from the east fire escape to Harris Hall

bonin-courtyard-3

Rear of Harris Hall. Bonin Hall is to the right.

harris-rear

That room in the rear of Harris Hall looks beautiful. Do you know what that room is for? I never had any reason to be inside or around Harris when I was in school.

It is a TV/recreation room. I'm sure the view is very nice now. This is where I found my white German shepherd when she got out.

Someone may have already mentioned this before, but on google maps, when you zoom down on the new construction area (not street view) you get a nice view, although a little dated. It shows the new dorms and the new parking garage.

Blog Entries

Hey HelmutVII, how do you like all the new added green space in your "front" yard?

It has to look better (or will) than the parking strip they had under the Oaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Hey HelmutVII, how do you like all the new added green space in your "front" yard?

It has to look better (or will) than the parking strip they had under the Oaks.

It will take some getting used to however, my home is not directly across from the old dorms. (I see the back yard of the presidents home from my front porch). I'm thinking that most of the student activity will be from the alley between the two halls to the student union as there is not much to attract the students to University Ave. I will not miss Old Baker and Old Huger. Those two dorms were dumps and they needed to go. The parking lots along University Ave were eyesores and I'm hoping that all the activity under the trees will not hurt them in the long run. I'm glad they kept Randolph, Buchanan and Harris. Three fine old buildings that had plenty of character along with good bones. I am glad they did respect the location and layout of the rose garden. I hope the university will have the wear with all to keep it up.

Are you sure these are real photographs and not architectural renderings? They are gorgeous! So crisp and clear! Good job! Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by LuLu View Post
    Are you sure these are real photographs and not architectural renderings? They are gorgeous! So crisp and clear! Good job! Thanks for posting.
    Thank you very much for your kind words. They are indeed real. I hope the students living in these residence halls realize how lucky they are.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Word is that these things are 95% filled ---that is just unreal---think that we are down only 500 Freshman from last year with the upper entrance requirements---This is great since the first year entry was expected down a lot more with the new standards---Next year the growth will be projected up with the reality of the requirements---also the retention rate is in for significant improvement with the JUCO transfers and the students that are there with higher HS GPAs and ACT scores!!!

All I can say is wow...the hours I spent in those dorms working for the Night Crew...what an amazing job they did. Blown away. Not only in the quality and the aesthetic...the time period it was done in is remarkable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    All I can say is wow...the hours I spent in those dorms working for the Night Crew...what an amazing job they did. Blown away. Not only in the quality and the aesthetic...the time period it was done in is remarkable.
    +1

Drove by campus 1st time in a while. New dorms look awesome. Look is great along University w/old oaks and all. Props to T Joe and UL for all of the work that has been done and is being done on campus. Looks really good.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by LsuULfan View Post
    Drove by campus 1st time in a while. New dorms look awesome. Look is great along University w/old oaks and all. Props to T Joe and UL for all of the work that has been done and is being done on campus. Looks really good.

Yea University look is just fabulous the old oaks with the new facade---i walked through the rose garden and through the whole complex area ---unreal

Can imagine when the Union village is complete!!!!

Students are really settling in for the last day of move in before the semester starts. As usual you see happy faces on some of them but also bewilderment and fear in others. It will all work out though and usually within about a week or so everybody gets settled in to a routine.

This is a photo of the University Ave facade of Coronal Hall. I took this at 55mm which is pretty close to normal vision. I did this on purpose to show the relative scale of the trees, buildings, cars and people. The feel around the buildings is very nice. It is a comfortable place to be.

used-to-be-parking

OOOOOHHHH MMMYYYYYY$$$$$$$ Copper gutters and downspouts on Randolph Hall. Thumbs up to the designers to respect the authenticity of the building.

oh-my-copper$

The front of Buchanan Hall still under construction.

buchanan

There won't be too many more updates on this phase of construction because it's almost finished. Maybe next week we will take a trip down memory lane.

I did have a chance to correspond with the general superintendent for Juneau construction and he said that he was going to a project in Savanah Georgia which is very close to home for him. He did say he enjoyed his stay in Lafayette and he hoped that he could return for PHASE II!!!! First I heard of that, so I guess I will have to keep my ears to the ground.

With the parking lot alongside University being reduced by about 80%. Will that give the live oaks a healthier living environment?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    With the parking lot alongside University being reduced by about 80%. Will that give the live oaks a healthier living environment?
    Is that parking?

I thought it was supposed to be a pick up and drop odd point.

Anywho, the extra aeration for the root system can only help.

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast