_ _ _ _
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39

Thread: Campus Construction

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    3-4 years is at least a decade faster than I actually believed it could happen.
    Let's see, that would make me 84 or 85. I hung around for Russo Park so just maybe I can hopefully sit in the new renovated Cajun Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    It would be the biggest eye sore if that building was not torn down.
    Yep.....that one and the maintenance shed too. They both ruin the views of the two buildings that we've spent so much money on, the APC and the Tigue.

And looking at the new Cypress Lake Plaza makes me you more easily imagine how great a new green space the new Champions Plaza will be.

Here are some pics from June 30th, 2018 of the new construction where youth park, and the UL merchandise location used to be.

Attached Images Attached Images          

Hopefully there are plans to bulldoze the old car lot and old mcdonalds/goodwill store.

Plans are to move the UL merch store to the corner of Cajundome Blvd and Johnston st which is basically the corner of Blackham colisium. They already moved the trailer which it looks like they split into 5 sections. Hopefully they won't make that eye sore a permanent location.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Plans are to move the UL merch store to the corner of Cajundome Blvd and Johnston st which is basically the corner of Blackham colisium. They already moved the trailer which it looks like they split into 5 sections. Hopefully they won't make that eye sore a permanent location.
    It won't be.

Good, wasn't sure what the plans were.. Do they have a permanent location in the works besides inside the football stadium and the bookstore? Thanks.

Merchandise store all gone.....

Attached Images Attached Images  

Good, wasn't sure what the plans were.. Do they have a permanent location in the works besides inside the football stadium and the bookstore? Thanks.
    Yes, it will be a part of the new buildings they are building. Should be really nice.

Here are some pics from June 30th, 2018 of the new construction where youth park, and the UL merchandise location used to be.
    Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, does anyone have the scoop on what they are building off St. Mary, behind the parking lot where the old Charity was? Behind the Blind school, and where they used to park the shuttle buses. They have now corralled off a big section of the parking lot near St Mary and moved the shuttle buses there.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I think with the new athletic director and Head coaches, they will work together with our University President and investors and RCAF to put the Ragin Cajun store where it sees high traffic 365. Bertrand/West Congress area maybe front side of Football Stadium. Football stadium addition will be made to be used in many different ways by our athletes and coaches of all sports year round as well as the general public for all sorts of functions not just sports related, but leased out. Has to become a money magnet for our programs!

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    BTW, does anyone have the scoop on what they are building off St. Mary, behind the parking lot where the old Charity was? Behind the Blind school, and where they used to park the shuttle buses. They have now corralled off a big section of the parking lot near St Mary and moved the shuttle buses there.
    I think just and updated bus mechanic shop and yard.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I think just and updated bus mechanic shop and yard.
    Thanks. That's what I think as well.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39