_ _ _ _
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 762

Thread: Campus Construction

  1. #701
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,371

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Finally, the infamous-turtles-on-a-log that made a splash (sorry) on the internet a couple of weeks ago.

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #702
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,889
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    "It's Looking Good"


  3. #703
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    3,029

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    A couple of updates:

    It seems like Bittle Hall is being renovated....the UP should have first class digs when this is all done; Bittle has always been one of my favorite buildings on campus. I also did not realize that Bittle was the very first Student Union....before the 'eyesore buildings' along Hebrard, and the current location on McKinley.
    Bittle was also the Band House before Angelle Hall was built.

  4. #704
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,371

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Bittle was also the Band House before Angelle Hall was built.
    Wow....did not know that either.
    Like I said earlier, I would put Judice-Rickles as my favorite building, but Bittle not far behind it.
    And Billeaud right behind Bittle......but I know how this crowd feels about the MCM architectual stlye, lol.

  5. #705
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,050

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Finally, the infamous-turtles-on-a-log that made a splash (sorry) on the internet a couple of weeks ago.
    ....Just curious.....how would I put a ,photo on R Pagin!!! Is it sort of easy???

  6. #706
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,371

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....Just curious.....how would I put a ,photo on R Pagin!!! Is it sort of easy???
    Very simple.....check your pm.....I just sent you step by step instructions.

  7. #707
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,997

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Very simple.....check your pm.....I just sent you step by step instructions.
    WHAT .... HAVE ... YOU ... DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #708
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    3,029

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Wow....did not know that either.
    Like I said earlier, I would put Judice-Rickles as my favorite building, but Bittle not far behind it.
    And Billeaud right behind Bittle......but I know how this crowd feels about the MCM architectual stlye, lol.
    Burke Hall is very nice. As are all of the old WPA buildings on Campus. They are what you would think a building on a college campus should be. However, Burke Hall is just a little bit different on the good side.

    At one time I did some work on OK Allen Hall. We had to gut it in the process. When I went inside to check on the job my first impression was this building has bones. A good solid building that is old but still very servicable. I noticed the same thing with Harris Hall when they renovated it.

    A little story about Harris Hall. I once had a white German Shepherd that got out of my back yard. I knew she would go on campus so I started looking around the dorms figuring she would meet up and make friends with a student. I found her watching TV in the lounge of Harris Hall.

  9. #709
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,050

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    WHAT .... HAVE ... YOU ... DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    .......Read the generous PM.....will need Java female however.....today she (Java Dos) could be able to help!!

  10. #710
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,371

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    They are up to 2010 grads for the WOH


    http://alumni.louisiana.edu/news-eve...46b1-219402485


  11. #711
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,371

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    And an article about the renovation to Bittle

    http://thevermilion.com/2017/07/ul-r...randolph-hall/


  12. #712
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,371

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Certainly not as big of a project as the Tigue, but the Cypress Lake Plaza is progressing, despite all the summer rain.

    Attached Images Attached Images                

  13. #713
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,371

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    And the Walk of Honor is progressing down Boucher as well: I think they are up to the class of 2011.

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  14. #714
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,192

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Saw this rendering of the new Cypress Lake amphitheater attached to the university email that went out today.

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  15. #715
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,371

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Saw this rendering of the new Cypress Lake amphitheater attached to the university email that went out today.
    Yeah, that's the one Bill Crist had sent me, and that I posted here (#681.)
    Funny thing is, when they did an article recently on this the only pic was of a bulldozer, lol. So I added the same pics that I posted here in the comments.
    Lo and behold they deleted that article, and then re-posted it....with all my pics attached to the article.

  16. #716
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,371

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    I also plan on going by this weekend to capture the progress of the project.


  17. #717
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,192

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yeah, that's the one Bill Crist had sent me, and that I posted here (#681.)
    Funny thing is, when they did an article recently on this the only pic was of a bulldozer, lol. So I added the same pics that I posted here in the comments.
    Lo and behold they deleted that article, and then re-posted it....with all my pics attached to the article.
    If you have contact with Mr. Crist, you may want to ask him to remove their project status update document from the website as the last update was in 2014.

    http://facilities.louisiana.edu/serv...ility-planning

    And the link at the bottom of the page.
    http://facilities.louisiana.edu/site...20Status_0.pdf

  18. #718
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,371

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    If you have contact with Mr. Crist, you may want to ask him to remove their project status update document from the website as the last update was in 2014.

    http://facilities.louisiana.edu/serv...ility-planning

    And the link at the bottom of the page.
    http://facilities.louisiana.edu/site...20Status_0.pdf
    Sorry.......no real connection with him.......I had just emailed him for pics when I saw they were starting construction on the plaza. He's a real busy guy, so I'm not gonna push my luck.

  19. #719
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,371

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    A few more progress pics of the new greenspace

    Attached Images Attached Images            

  20. #720
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,371

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    And Bittle Hall: not only are the UP getting all of the space, after sharing a small portion of the building with the P.O., but it looks like they are about doubling its size

    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •