_ _ _ _
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 774

Thread: Campus Construction

  1. #721
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,317

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yeah, that's the one Bill Crist had sent me, and that I posted here (#681.)
    Funny thing is, when they did an article recently on this the only pic was of a bulldozer, lol. So I added the same pics that I posted here in the comments.
    Lo and behold they deleted that article, and then re-posted it....with all my pics attached to the article.
    If you have contact with Mr. Crist, you may want to ask him to remove their project status update document from the website as the last update was in 2014.

    http://facilities.louisiana.edu/serv...ility-planning

    And the link at the bottom of the page.
    http://facilities.louisiana.edu/site...20Status_0.pdf

  2. #722
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,714

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    If you have contact with Mr. Crist, you may want to ask him to remove their project status update document from the website as the last update was in 2014.

    http://facilities.louisiana.edu/serv...ility-planning

    And the link at the bottom of the page.
    http://facilities.louisiana.edu/site...20Status_0.pdf
    Sorry.......no real connection with him.......I had just emailed him for pics when I saw they were starting construction on the plaza. He's a real busy guy, so I'm not gonna push my luck.

  3. #723
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,714

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    A few more progress pics of the new greenspace

    Attached Images Attached Images            

  4. #724
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,714

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    And Bittle Hall: not only are the UP getting all of the space, after sharing a small portion of the building with the P.O., but it looks like they are about doubling its size

    Attached Images Attached Images    

  5. #725
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,745
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Thanks, I was wondering about this last week.


  6. #726
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Deep in the Ouachita Mountains Hot Springs Village, Ark
    Posts
    1,742

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Campus Construction

    thanks for the update and the pics, lcf.


  7. #727
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,435

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Anyone know what they are doing in the far corner of the research park along eraste landry?


  8. #728
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,714

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Anyone know what they are doing in the far corner of the research park along eraste landry?
    A solar farm.

    http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/n...oon/692952001/

  9. #729
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,714

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    And I forgot one: another shot of how nicely the landscaping around the new U is coming along. This is along Boucher, with the new Freshman dorms to the left. Those new dorms and the new U worked so well the only issue is that there is not enough space for incoming freshman to move into them.

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  10. #730
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,714

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    More updates on the progress of the new green space:

    Top: looking toward the U....looks like some of the last concrete to be poured.
    Middle: from Buchanan, looking toward the lake.
    Bottom: the entrance, with the newly poured steps.

    Attached Images Attached Images      

  11. #731
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,714

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    More pics, showing the new stage. Looks great.

    Attached Images Attached Images        

  12. #732
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,714

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    And a pic of Bittle. Doesn't look like they did a very good job of matching the bricks, imho.

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  13. #733
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,714

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Update on the green space project.

    Attached Images Attached Images            

  14. #734
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,982

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    The main campus looks really good, like a major university should look like.

    Now, attention needs to be paid to the athletic complex. Our facilities are very nice on the inside, but the exterior needs a lot of work from landscaping to cleaning/pressure washing buildings and walls, and even parking lots (I'm not even talking about the press box). The Cox Building needs a cleanup if it will be a couple of years until it is either leveled or expanded. We've got new buildings with no landscaping. Signage on buildings like the IPC are faded with old logos. We have nice facilities that are poorly showcased making an overall poor first impression to any visitors. Why do we need a chain fence around the football complex? Looks terrible. Match the main campus and greatly improve the athletic complex appearance and perception.


  15. #735
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,446

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    The main campus looks really good, like a major university should look like.

    Now, attention needs to be paid to the athletic complex. Our facilities are very nice on the inside, but the exterior needs a lot of work from landscaping to cleaning/pressure washing buildings and walls, and even parking lots (I'm not even talking about the press box). The Cox Building needs a cleanup if it will be a couple of years until it is either leveled or expanded. We've got new buildings with no landscaping. Signage on buildings like the IPC are faded with old logos. We have nice facilities that are poorly showcased making an overall poor first impression to any visitors. Why do we need a chain fence around the football complex? Looks terrible. Match the main campus and greatly improve the athletic complex appearance and perception.
    I heard a while back maybe maggard said we might keep cox building? why aren't we leveling it and creating the victory garden like in the master plan?

  16. #736
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,667

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    I heard a while back maybe maggard said we might keep cox building? why aren't we leveling it and creating the victory garden like in the master plan?
    They are scrapping the football tower/ press box idea because of the cost .. hopefully they still teardown the cox building

  17. #737
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    They are scrapping the football tower/ press box idea because of the cost .. hopefully they still teardown the cox building
    The tower may not be the answer...but there HAS to be a plan B for that eyesore...

  18. #738
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    3,152

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    The main campus looks really good, like a major university should look like.

    Now, attention needs to be paid to the athletic complex. Our facilities are very nice on the inside, but the exterior needs a lot of work from landscaping to cleaning/pressure washing buildings and walls, and even parking lots (I'm not even talking about the press box). The Cox Building needs a cleanup if it will be a couple of years until it is either leveled or expanded. We've got new buildings with no landscaping. Signage on buildings like the IPC are faded with old logos. We have nice facilities that are poorly showcased making an overall poor first impression to any visitors. Why do we need a chain fence around the football complex? Looks terrible. Match the main campus and greatly improve the athletic complex appearance and perception.
    I have noticed that, over time, plants that died around the new residence halls has not been replaced. The dead plants were just removed. All of the landscaping along McKinley placed around the Baker and Huger halls has been removed. It's just grass and they mow it. I haven't checked in the courtyards lately but I drive by on McKinley often. Many of the plants along University against Corona and Bonin have also been removed after they died. I suspect they will be mowing that in the next couple of years. We shall see what happens with the landscaping around the student union. I figured that would happen. They have the money to build but not maintain. If you walked into the Dr. Maggards office and were writing a check for one million dollars I doubt much if any would go to landscaping. I suspect they have bigger priorities than landscaping at the complex.

  19. #739
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,446

    Default Re: Campus Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    They are scrapping the football tower/ press box idea because of the cost .. hopefully they still teardown the cox building
    So are just not doing anything about the 2nd deck and press box? Whole thing needs to be redone

  20. #740
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    So are just not doing anything about the 2nd deck and press box? Whole thing needs to be redone
    Talked to Jim Harris in Houston this weekend. He said that the plan and timeline for the new upper deck project should be presented to the public in the next 6 -9 months. Looking at completion in approximately 3-4 years.

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •