Thread: Cajuns Rally Behind Traffica to Capture Final Game of Series

1. Default Cajuns Rally Behind Traffica to Capture Final Game of Series

Chase Traffica put an end to a Western Kentucky uprising in the sixth inning then in the seventh inning became the first Cajuns pitcher in the game to post a zero after Louisiana had registered runs and because of that the Ragin' Cajuns salvaged a game at Nick Denes Field in Bowling Green, Ky., taking the series finale 8-6.

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Cajuns Rally Behind Traffica to Avoid Sweep

Clutch hitting today.

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Cajuns Rally Behind Traffica to Capture Final Game of Series

Well idk about alot of clutch hitting, but I'll take it. Not trying to be mr negative, but leaving 12 men on base isn't so clutch. It better than a loss, but it should have been better. I think we just did enough on the road against a pretty descent team after being down 2 games. Showed a little character today. Can't continue to leave bases loaded and men in scoring position. We had a chance to blow it open in the 7th I think and we take strike 3 looking. But atleast the hitters battled and had the pitchers back today ....everytime we get the lead, we gave it up in the bottom of the inning. Here is the scary thing...comming into today, the top 4 teams in the conference were us, western, Troy, and fau. We only have Troy left to play so in essence we gonna need some help from someone in order to win a championship. Yesterdays game was a huge loss.

igeaux.mobi

I just saw the results from today's game....Troy got beat by FIU so that makes yesterdays lost that much bigger. We would have been 2 games behind rather than 3 and in second place. Grant it, there is still alot of baseball left to be played, but not a very big margin of error. Troy does have western next weekend, then fau, then us. So now is the time for us to make a move. I doubt they will sweep those remaining games
    igeaux.mobi

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns Rally Behind Traffica to Capture Final Game of Series

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ Well idk about alot of clutch hitting, but I'll take it. Not trying to be mr negative, but leaving 12 men on base isn't so clutch. It better than a loss, but it should have been better. I think we just did enough on the road against a pretty descent team after being down 2 games. Showed a little character today. Can't continue to leave bases loaded and men in scoring position. We had a chance to blow it open in the 7th I think and we take strike 3 looking. But atleast the hitters battled and had the pitchers back today ....everytime we get the lead, we gave it up in the bottom of the inning. Here is the scary thing...comming into today, the top 4 teams in the conference were us, western, Troy, and fau. We only have Troy left to play so in essence we gonna need some help from someone in order to win a championship. Yesterdays game was a huge loss.

igeaux.mobi _
    There are different ways to look at the game. I am Mr. Positive so I'll give my take.

Leaving 12 men on base means we were doing our part to get on base.

Every time we took the lead and they came back - we came back!

It was a good baseball series between two good teams; the home team won one more game than us. If we play at the Tigue we probably take 2 out of 3.

Also, we only have Troy left out of the current top 4 teams in the conference. If we can take 2 out of 3 there we will be setting ourselves up for a big run at the end of the season to finish in the top 3. Winning the conference regular season should be one of our goals, but I think a bigger goal is too finish strong, positioning ourselves for a strong conference tournament and ncaa tournament.

Any idea on starters for the midweek games?

igeaux.mobi

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ Well idk about alot of clutch hitting, but I'll take it. Not trying to be mr negative, but leaving 12 men on base isn't so clutch. It better than a loss, but it should have been better. I think we just did enough on the road against a pretty descent team after being down 2 games. Showed a little character today. Can't continue to leave bases loaded and men in scoring position. We had a chance to blow it open in the 7th I think and we take strike 3 looking. But atleast the hitters battled and had the pitchers back today ....everytime we get the lead, we gave it up in the bottom of the inning. Here is the scary thing...comming into today, the top 4 teams in the conference were us, western, Troy, and fau. We only have Troy left to play so in essence we gonna need some help from someone in order to win a championship. Yesterdays game was a huge loss.

igeaux.mobi _
    When you score eight runs, leaving twelve men on isn't a big deal.

Now if we had only scored two (or got shut out and left 18 like Rice did) I would agree with you.

WKU also left 12 men on base in Sunday's game.