Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 81 to 90 of 90

Thread: UL vs WKU Sunday

  1. #81
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,014

    Default Re: UL vs WKU Sunday

    Not the ideal week but I'll take 2-2 and after the lack of hitting coming into today, it's good to put some runs on the board too. We've got the jumpstarted again.
    igeaux.mobi


  2. #82
    Frenchie35's Avatar
    Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,783

    Default Re: UL vs WKU Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Tony had already made a visit to the mound during the inning. Another visit means a pitching change. _
    Are a time out by the catcher would have done it.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    4,670

    Default Re: UL vs WKU Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ Are a time out by the catcher would have done it. _
    You're assuming too much.

    I highly doubt an umpire would have considered this, but in the official rule book is this comment to Rule 8:06, which specifies coaches' visits to the pitcher:

    If the manager or coach goes to the catcher or infielder and that player then goes to the mound or the pitcher comes to him at his position before there is an intervening play (a pitch or other play) that will be the same as the manager or coach going to the mound.

    Any attempt to evade or circumvent this rule by the manager or coach going to the catcher or an infielder and then that player going to the mound to confer with the pitcher shall constitute a trip to the mound.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,652

    Default Re: UL vs WKU Sunday

    Bottom of the 8th was a tough spot. As time is closing in on the 2:00 p.m. deadline we have runners on 1st and 3rd with two outs. In this position there is a 36% chance that at least one run scores. As we really get close and load the bases with a walk that percentage runs up to 42%.

    IF you go get your pitcher or delay in some other way you have forced the situation beyond the 2:00 oclock deadline. Now you either get this guy out at the plate or your day is done. And keep in mind there is a 42% chance that your day is done.

    Tough spot to be in. Glad it worked out for us. We needed to salvage this game. Give some credit to WKU though as they played really good ball. As suspected the SBC has some good ball clubs this year.


  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,463
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: UL vs WKU Sunday

    Wow interesting perspective I certainly hadn't thought of.

    Thanks Cajun90
    igeaux.mobi


  6. #86
    CajunRed's Avatar
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default

    Glad i didn't know those percentages at the time...cause i'da probably wet my pants.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Bottom of the 8th was a tough spot. As time is closing in on the 2:00 p.m. deadline we have runners on 1st and 3rd with two outs. In this position there is a 36% chance that at least one run scores. As we really get close and load the bases with a walk that percentage runs up to 42%.

    IF you go get your pitcher or delay in some other way you have forced the situation beyond the 2:00 oclock deadline. Now you either get this guy out at the plate or your day is done. And keep in mind there is a 42% chance that your day is done.

    Tough spot to be in. Glad it worked out for us. We needed to salvage this game. Give some credit to WKU though as they played really good ball. As suspected the SBC has some good ball clubs this year.



    igeaux.mobi

  7. #87
    BirdofParadise's Avatar
    BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,080

    Default Re: UL vs WKU Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ Are a time out by the catcher would have done it. _
    Baseball is a nine inning game. Play the damn thing.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,999

    Default Re: UL vs WKU Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ Baseball is a nine inning game. Play the damn thing. _
    Golf clap...

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    4,670

    Default Re: UL vs WKU Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    _ Golf clap... _
    I prefer the slow clap that builds into a standing ovation. You know, just like in the movies

  10. #90
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,999

    Default Re: UL vs WKU Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ I prefer the slow clap that builds into a standing ovation. You know, just like in the movies _
    The one guy who looks like he just came to a starting realization...starts to nod his head in approval, and he begins the rising clap with one slow yet defined clap, which starts a domino effect into the raucous uproar in completer approval. Yes...the movie clap is appropriate. Cue Orson Wells!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •