Thread: CST

Default CST

Has anyone noticed that Cox Sports broadcast baseball games for what seems like every other school in LA except us. Do we just not have an agreement with them or something else? Anyone know anything?

igeaux.mobi

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: CST

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ Has anyone noticed that Cox Sports broadcast baseball games for what seems like every other school in LA except us. Do we just not have an agreement with them or something else? Anyone know anything?

igeaux.mobi _

We had a rain out at ASU if you will recall it was set to be televised by CST. I am pretty sure they are picking up the games not producing them, and the Sun Belt is in charge of who gets shown and when.

Default Re: CST

SBC has a deal with CST/CSS for SBN games each week. We did have one rained out and do have a home game that will air later in the season.

UL does not have a deal with CST. I think LSU, Tulane, and Southern are the only LA schools that have deals with CST now.

igeaux.mobi

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Yeah, midweek games are different than weekend ones. Midweek are almost universally the ones mentioned, with Southern actually probably having more games than any other school. I'm guessing CST/CSS thinks the deal they have with the SBC is enough rather than also signing a deal specifically with us. The only time you'll see us on is if we're the SBC game of the week.

Other than that, weekend games are on KLAF, but of course, that's local only.

Thanks, just curious why they never show the UL vs LSU or Tulane midweek games.

igeaux.mobi

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'd guess our return game vs SU will be on like last year.

EDIT: Checked and yes, next Wed game vs SU will be on CST