_ _ _ _

Thread: Pitching rotation set for weekend

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Pitching rotation set for weekend

Default Re: Pitching rotation set for weekend

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Rotation makes more sense to me with Satriano in the bullpen. On paper we have way more pitching than 3 weeks ago. Bullpen is ridiculous with Satriano, Hicks, and Bulliard. Haven't seen the Kellog kid pitch yet, but I hear nothing but great things. Hopefully Geith gets it back this weekend!

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

No weekend starter should ever have an ERA near 10.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ No weekend starter should ever have an ERA near 10. _
    Enough of the Geith bashing. Tony will give him time because he knows the player and knows what he has in him. I'm sure he will move on if he cant cut it but that deadline is up to him not you. Plus, he's only 2 starts into the season.

Geith can pitch... Can't believe we are even having this conversation

igeaux.mobi

I'm thinking Tony is giving Geith one last shot before he sends him into the pen. If Hubble and Nicholson can stay solid we are just missing one piece to the puzzle. Regardless of his two start I am hoping Zimmerman can rest that groin enough to come out and be effective. I wish Tony would give Cook some middle relief work to try and boost his confidence. Cook can sling it, we all know that, its just unlocking that rubix cube to get him back to that form.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918 View Post
    _ Geith can pitch... Can't believe we are even having this conversation

igeaux.mobi _
    I do believe he can pitch, but sometimes guys lose their stuff for one reason or another. Remember Matt hicks, he was a stud in our lineup in 07, then he absolutely lost himself as a player in 08 and 09. I do think that Geith needs one more chance, but I think that it is essential for him to get a quality start in this game or he will be sent to the pen, and thats not because I don't think he can pitch or that Robe has lost his confidence in him, but more that we have a few pitchers that are pitching great and its hard to hold them out of a rotation when there's someone who is a liability in there.

Geith relies on a split finger for an out pitch. From what I've heard from players and seen from myself, it's NASTY.... but he has to get ahead in the count to use it. He's struggled hitting his spots early in the count. If he can get his command back to where he wants it, look out.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    _ I'm thinking Tony is giving Geith one last shot before he sends him into the pen. If Hubble and Nicholson can stay solid we are just missing one piece to the puzzle. Regardless of his two start I am hoping Zimmerman can rest that groin enough to come out and be effective. I wish Tony would give Cook some middle relief work to try and boost his confidence. Cook can sling it, we all know that, its just unlocking that rubix cube to get him back to that form. _
    Please no more Cook. I have seen enough over 3 + season. Pretty good 12-6 curve ball, but his fast ball is very straight and he is always behind in the count.

Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Your honor, please let the record reflect I called this weeks Friday guy two weeks ago (easy call). He had to get rested up from about 20 innings in a week.....now let's get some bear meat.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    _ I do believe he can pitch, but sometimes guys lose their stuff for one reason or another. Remember Matt hicks, he was a stud in our lineup in 07, then he absolutely lost himself as a player in 08 and 09. I do think that Geith needs one more chance, but I think that it is essential for him to get a quality start in this game or he will be sent to the pen, and thats not because I don't think he can pitch or that Robe has lost his confidence in him, but more that we have a few pitchers that are pitching great and its hard to hold them out of a rotation when there's someone who is a liability in there. _
    I think Hicks had 1 hit his senior year...I still dont know how someone could lose his game as badly as he did

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    _ I think Hicks had 1 hit his senior year...I still dont know how someone could lose his game as badly as he did _
    I won't go into it, but I know something happened in his life his Jr season that would be very lifechanging and I think ever since that moment, his mind wasn't right in baseball. Its a shame because he had all the potential in the world to be a great ballplayer.