Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: New Site: ragincajunball.com

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,192

    Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ StatSmack is smackalicious.

    Perhaps, for now just drop the Lafayette when you post a promo.

    It's a start.


    igeaux.mobi _
    ...and nine less key strokes.....winner winner chicken dinner statiliscrumptous.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,642

    Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    _ ...and nine less key strokes.....winner winner chicken dinner statiliscrumptous. _

    10, huh? they get to drop the hyphen, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Decatur, AL
    Posts
    1,711

    Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    Top of website now says Louisiana.


  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,248

    Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    Not to be a cynic... but why does this new website exist? Seems like syndicated data on a syndicated content framework. Just have a hard time believing that there's some chum out there who is doing this because of high demand or love of the university.

    I'll bet you there is "warhawkball.com" and a "meangreenball.com" site as well.


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,192

    Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    _ 10, huh? they get to drop the hyphen, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! _
    True Dat!!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,529

    Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    _ Not to be a cynic... but why does this new website exist? Seems like syndicated data on a syndicated content framework. Just have a hard time believing that there's some chum out there who is doing this because of high demand or love of the university.

    I'll bet you there is "warhawkball.com" and a "meangreenball.com" site as well. _
    Yep. Bottom left of the home page, every Sun Belt school. I just wonder if you go to an SEC school's site if there's a link to one for LSUA&MC@BR.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Decatur, AL
    Posts
    1,711

    Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    _ Yep. Bottom left of the home page, every Sun Belt school. I just wonder if you go to an SEC school's site if there's a link to one for LSUA&MC@BR. _
    Just went and looked, yes there are links to every SEC school. It appears this is just a website for information purposes. But, the guy did change the named like was asked. I appreciate the effort but will still ragincajuns.com as my source for stats.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,530
    Blog Entries
    2

    UL Basketball Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    ragincajunball.com makes good use of auto algorithms in breaking down the raw stats that StatSheet gets either directly or indirctly from RaginCajuns.com

    Worth a look from time to time, especially during basketball season.

    jmo


  9. #29

    Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    Hey guys ... just wanted to come by and let you know we changed the name for you per your request.

    And yes, we do have other sites ... 344 other sites to be exact (one for each division 1 basketball program). StatSheet.com is our site as well ... which is known for it's gigantic database of basketball statistics (including advanced bball stats and ref stats).

    StatSheet is a brand new media company with the intention of giving every team (soon we will expand to all pro sports and college fball) equal coverage. We are able to do this because we have robots write all of our articles (software developed that automates the articles based purely on statistics). One year ago, this was a one man show ... so it has grown significantly in a short period of time.

    Our technology is essentially brand new. Where we are with content now, is the minimum of what we will provide. We continue to add new content on a regular basis (like our statsmack feature) and hope to only improve as we grow. Yes, our content is automated, but it is OUR content that we created.

    If you guys have other feedback let us know. Hopefully, we have proven that we respect and respond to the fans.

    Contact editor@ragincajunball.com if you'd like to speak with us directly.

    Thanks!


  10. #30

    Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ ragincajunball.com makes good use of auto algorithms in breaking down the raw stats that StatSheet gets either directly or indirctly from RaginCajuns.com

    Worth a look from time to time, especially during basketball season.

    jmo _
    algorithms are our bread and butter. We use them to determine things like player of the week, poty, conf potw, fan satisfaction ... and something that is still very new ... StatSeed (our own bracketology, which is still basic, but did pretty well this year). With StatSeed ... we were able to project all four postseason tourneys (NCAA, NIT, CBI, and CIT) ... still new and growing ... but we expect to improve over time. No one else projects all four tourneys.

    We love stats and numbers!

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,530
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    Good job. I only wish it was the start of bb season and the team was plaing the way it did at the end 11-1

    As per my post #4, I went back and checked, it was stats.com I negotiated with a few years back.


  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,352

    Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajunball View Post
    If you guys have other feedback let us know. Hopefully, we have proven that we respect and respond to the fans.
    Are there any plans to expand the features & functionality of the basketball stat sheet sites to football by season start? Kind of sucks that basketball is over (for us). Really like the central repository of team stats and facts though, and it is well presented to us users.

    Bug your developers about a Windows Phone 7 app, please.

  13. #33
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,601

    Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajunball View Post
    _ Hey guys ... just wanted to come by and let you know we changed the name for you per your request.

    And yes, we do have other sites ... 344 other sites to be exact (one for each division 1 basketball program). StatSheet.com is our site as well ... which is known for it's gigantic database of basketball statistics (including advanced bball stats and ref stats).

    StatSheet is a brand new media company with the intention of giving every team (soon we will expand to all pro sports and college fball) equal coverage. We are able to do this because we have robots write all of our articles (software developed that automates the articles based purely on statistics). One year ago, this was a one man show ... so it has grown significantly in a short period of time.

    Our technology is essentially brand new. Where we are with content now, is the minimum of what we will provide. We continue to add new content on a regular basis (like our statsmack feature) and hope to only improve as we grow. Yes, our content is automated, but it is OUR content that we created.

    If you guys have other feedback let us know. Hopefully, we have proven that we respect and respond to the fans.

    Contact editor@ragincajunball.com if you'd like to speak with us directly.

    Thanks! _
    Well you have just increased the traffic to your site immeasurably!!!!!! Thanks and look forward to a daily visit!!!!!

  14. #34
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,576

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    _ Difference is those programs ya'll mentioned make a whole lot more money in their athletic program, thus having more media power. Lets just worry about getting respectable in athletics and then worry about a name identity. _
    Both can happen at the same time, both will take time, ONE is courtesy!!!! UL or Louisiana or Ragin Cajuns is fine

    PS I for one will NOT use ANY site that is UNWILLING to use UL, Louisiana, or Ragin Cajuns!

  15. #35
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,576

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    _ Kinda like USC demanding that the media does NOT refer to them as "Southern Cal". Yes, it still happens, but they have every right to gripe about it when it does, because they specifically asked to be called USC, SC, or Southern California. Just like we ask to be called "Louisiana", or the University of Louisiana.

    Granted, "Southen Cal" is not their official name, but you can ask to be referred to as whatever you want.

    Does anyone ever hear Virginia Tech referred to as Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University? Or VPISU??? And I'm sure youre familiar with our neighbors to the east's "official" name. _
    BIG DITTO!!! LSUAMC@BR is the LSU official listing of letters for their OFFICIAL name but they want and prefer LSU and media and fans are ok with it. ULM uses and wants ULM, University of Louisiana wants and uses UL, Louisiana or Ragin Cajuns. Nuff said, please be curtiious, would love to use your site!

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,445

    Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajunball View Post
    _ Hey guys ... just wanted to come by and let you know we changed the name for you per your request.

    And yes, we do have other sites ... 344 other sites to be exact (one for each division 1 basketball program). StatSheet.com is our site as well ... which is known for it's gigantic database of basketball statistics (including advanced bball stats and ref stats).

    StatSheet is a brand new media company with the intention of giving every team (soon we will expand to all pro sports and college fball) equal coverage. We are able to do this because we have robots write all of our articles (software developed that automates the articles based purely on statistics). One year ago, this was a one man show ... so it has grown significantly in a short period of time.

    Our technology is essentially brand new. Where we are with content now, is the minimum of what we will provide. We continue to add new content on a regular basis (like our statsmack feature) and hope to only improve as we grow. Yes, our content is automated, but it is OUR content that we created.

    If you guys have other feedback let us know. Hopefully, we have proven that we respect and respond to the fans.

    Contact editor@ragincajunball.com if you'd like to speak with us directly.

    Thanks! _
    That gameflow graph is pretty cool. In our earlier games this season, you can see where we 'flatlined' a few times.

    The "Fan satisfaction" graph is a little sketchy for me. Seems to be based predominantly on wins/losses. At 3-14.....I was happy (compared to last year).....to see actual inbounds plays.....to see MOTION on offense.....to see mulitiple passes.......to see defense away from the ball.........to NOT see the PG penetrate and have four guys standing there with their thumb fumbles two knuckles deep.

    If you can ALGORITHM that........I, for one, will definitely be impressed.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,642

    Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ Both can happen at the same time, both will take time, ONE is courtesy!!!! UL or Louisiana or Ragin Cajuns is fine

    PS I for one will NOT use ANY site that is UNWILLING to use UL, Louisiana, or Ragin Cajuns! _

    rules this one out.

    http://louisiana.edu/

  18. #38
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Decatur, AL
    Posts
    1,711

    Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    but not this one

    http://www.rcaf4ul.com/


  19. #39
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Decatur, AL
    Posts
    1,711

    Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajunball View Post
    _ Hey guys ... just wanted to come by and let you know we changed the name for you per your request.

    And yes, we do have other sites ... 344 other sites to be exact (one for each division 1 basketball program). StatSheet.com is our site as well ... which is known for it's gigantic database of basketball statistics (including advanced bball stats and ref stats).

    StatSheet is a brand new media company with the intention of giving every team (soon we will expand to all pro sports and college fball) equal coverage. We are able to do this because we have robots write all of our articles (software developed that automates the articles based purely on statistics). One year ago, this was a one man show ... so it has grown significantly in a short period of time.

    Our technology is essentially brand new. Where we are with content now, is the minimum of what we will provide. We continue to add new content on a regular basis (like our statsmack feature) and hope to only improve as we grow. Yes, our content is automated, but it is OUR content that we created.

    If you guys have other feedback let us know. Hopefully, we have proven that we respect and respond to the fans.

    Contact editor@ragincajunball.com if you'd like to speak with us directly.

    Thanks! _
    What are the chances of updating the football site and Twitter page that you guys operate like you did the basketball site?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •