_ _ _ _

Thread: Another Spinella to UL

Default Another Spinella to UL

This is from the Houma Daily Courier. Looks like a chip off of the old block, just super sized.

LUKE SPINELLA

The 6-foot-1, 293-pound Spinella said he has turned in the paperwork to walk onto the football team at Louisiana-Lafayette.
    His father (Stephen) and grandfather (Melvin) both played football at ULL.
    Stephen Spinella is one of the school's all-time best defensive players and Melvin Spinella was a long-time coach in Terrebonne Parish.
    "My dad played at the next level at Louisiana-Lafayette and actually my grandfather played there too, so it's a very big honor to play there," Luke Spinella said. "My dad has been breeding me to play football since I was a little kid. I just can't wait to go to Louisiana-Lafayette. I always knew that I would be going there."
    Spinella said he is academically qualified to play and that he will probably redshirt this season.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Another Spinella to UL

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdad View Post
    _ This is from the Houma Daily Courier. Looks like a chip off of the old block, just super sized.

LUKE SPINELLA

The 6-foot-1, 293-pound Spinella said he has turned in the paperwork to walk onto the football team at Louisiana-Lafayette.
    His father (Stephen) and grandfather (Melvin) both played football at UL.
    Stephen Spinella is one of the school's all-time best defensive players and Melvin Spinella was a long-time coach in Terrebonne Parish.
    "My dad played at the next level at Louisiana-Lafayette and actually my grandfather played there too, so it's a very big honor to play there," Luke Spinella said. "My dad has been breeding me to play football since I was a little kid. I just can't wait to go to Louisiana-Lafayette. I always knew that I would be going there."
    Spinella said he is academically qualified to play and that he will probably redshirt this season. _
    He's got some size; I wish him the best of luck with the Cajuns!

CajunT is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Another Spinella to UL

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdad View Post
    _ This is from the Houma Daily Courier. Looks like a chip off of the old block, just super sized.

LUKE SPINELLA

His father (Stephen) and grandfather (Melvin) both played football at UL.
    Spinella said he is academically qualified to play and that he will probably redshirt this season. _
    Visited the last weekend with is parents. Smart kid and good fit for the program.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ Visited the last weekend with is parents. Smart kid and good fit for the program. _
    OKAY---time for Boomer Trivia

Nickname of Grandpa Spinella when he played for the Bulldogs?????

I'm pumped - a Vandebilt Catholic Ragin Cajun - you know I'm lovin it !!

Glad to have you buddy.. Things are looking brighter every day. 1st team 4A. Woo Hoo !!

I hope he turns into a good one, we've had some great success with O-line that have come here as walk ons. Think about Chris Fisher, Greg Hodges, and Brad Bustle.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    _ I hope he turns into a good one, we've had some great success with O-line that have come here as walk ons. Think about Chris Fisher, Greg Hodges, and Brad Bustle. _
    I hope he follows in his dad's footsteps. He was a very, very good one.