_ _ _ _
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Marlin's First season

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    4,000

    Default Marlin's First season

    Looking back so far on the first season, now that it appears that things are turning around, you wonder what could have been, if we could have won some games early in the season.

    Looking at the schedule, it appears that we really only "LOST" 4 games (NMSU, UCF, Denver and UNT), we have won 6 (La College, Lamar, Troy, Cent, ULM and UNT), the following games could have gone either way and we lost all 10 of them (Creighton, Cleveland State, Houston, McNeese, Tulane, Texas College, NMSU, Middle, ASU and UALR), if we were to win 1/2 of these games the Cajuns would be 11-10, rather than 6-14. Coach has this going in the right direction, next year will be alot of fun....

    Geaux Cajuns!


  2. #2
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,352

    UL Basketball Re: Marlin's First season

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Looking back so far on the first season, now that it appears that things are turning around, you wonder what could have been, if we could have won some games early in the season.

    Looking at the schedule, it appears that we really only "LOST" 4 games (NMSU, UCF, Denver and UNT), we have won 6 (La College, Lamar, Troy, Cent, ULM and UNT), the following games could have gone either way and we lost all 10 of them (Creighton, Cleveland State, Houston, McNeese, Tulane, Texas College, NMSU, Middle, ASU and UALR), if we were to win 1/2 of these games the Cajuns would be 11-10, rather than 6-14. Coach has this going in the right direction, next year will be alot of fun....

    Geaux Cajuns!
    Actually, the only games we were out of at the end were N. Texas and UCF. In both the Denver & MMST games, I think we were within 3-5 points with less than 2 minutes left in the games.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,458

    Default Re: Marlin's First season

    I think it has just taken some time for these players and coaches to come together. You can tell that the team is becoming increasingly more comfortable in the offense.

    They are building a new program not just a team, it seems like things will certainly be up from here.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    4,000

    Default Re: Marlin's First season

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ Actually, the only games we were out of at the end were N. Texas and UCF. In both the Denver & MMST games, I think we were within 3-5 points with less than 2 minutes left in the games. _
    Not the first game vs NMSU, they blew us out in the CajunDome fist game of the season.

  5. #5
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,458

    Default Re: Marlin's First season

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    _ Looking back so far on the first season, now that it appears that things are turning around, you wonder what could have been, if we could have won some games early in the season.

    Looking at the schedule, it appears that we really only "LOST" 4 games (NMSU, UCF, Denver and UNT), we have won 6 (La College, Lamar, Troy, Cent, ULM and UNT), the following games could have gone either way and we lost all 10 of them (Creighton, Cleveland State, Houston, McNeese, Tulane, Texas College, NMSU, Middle, ASU and UALR), if we were to win 1/2 of these games the Cajuns would be 11-10, rather than 6-14. Coach has this going in the right direction, next year will be alot of fun....

    Geaux Cajuns! _
    Please factor in the illness/injury situations with the record---Damn who is the Patron Saint of healthy athletes????

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cecilia, LA
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Marlin's First season

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Please factor in the illness/injury situations with the record---Damn who is the Patron Saint of healthy athletes???? _
    I believe that St. Sebastien is the Patron Saint of Athletes and Archers

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lafayette, LA "God's Country"
    Posts
    189
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Marlin's First season

    the cajuns seemed unbeatable last nite. best game ever. the pantry is stacked. with season tix, i have noticed the attendance on the rise. but hard to fill the dome.

    looking forward to the football season, looks like the cajuns across all sports will be a force to be reckoned with in the sunbelt for years to come. very exciting.

    still notice a purple & gold attire here and there. do not understand it. maybe martians.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    722

    Louisiana Re: Marlin's First season

    The whole season so far has been like a big preseason. We will treat the conference tourney like the real season an dwant to be at our best at that time.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    LAFAYETTE, LA.
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guidshar View Post
    I believe that St. Sebastien is the Patron Saint of Athletes and Archers
    Yeah, athletes AND archers! Silly archers! We all know they're not athletes! So cute when they're naive!


    igeaux.mobi

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    4,862

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Marlin's First season

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    _ The whole season so far has been like a big preseason. We will treat the conference tourney like the real season an dwant to be at our best at that time. _
    Can we just get a "do over" for the first 20 games? They are starting to put it together; win or lose, the last 4 game or so have been very exciting!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,110
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Can we just get a "do over" for the first 20 games? They are starting to put it together; win or lose, the last 4 game or so have been very exciting!
    That idea gets my vote.

    igeaux.mobi

  12. #12
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,458

    Default Re: Marlin's First season

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ That idea gets my vote.

    igeaux.mobi _
    Can we play with the guys who were sick or hurt????

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •