Thread: Report: JSU's Greg Stewart Accepts DC Position at UL

Default Report: JSU's Greg Stewart Accepts DC Position at UL

Default Re: Reports of DC Hiring

Interesting hire.

Delta State ties, looks like

Quote Originally Posted by cajunlove View Post
    It looks like Jacksonville State does not update its website. They still on 2008-2009.

Well, Jacksonville State did allow 9 less points in regulation than the cajuns did to Ole Miss, with (more than likely) less talent. The guy has been a DC for 10 years, he has to have been doing something right. We shall see though.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'll reserve judgement.

I don't have strong feelings on that hire. So far, though I really like the OC hire if that comes through. I would be skeptical if we hire Melvin Smith, as that article mentions. Melvin has long been known as MSU's "bag man," and I dont trust him. However, I think Hudspeth is a GREAT hire, so I won't question any move he makes until there's a reason to.

igeaux.mobi

For what it's worth, spoke with a source that said Stewart has accepted the DC job. Footballscoop.com isn't the most reliable source (and in most cases just takes stuff off message boards and blogs).

igeaux.mobi

Default JSU’s Stewart leaves for Louisiana

JACKSONVILLE Greg Stewart had been such a fixture in the Jacksonville State football program that it was going to take a special set of circumstances to pry him from the Gamecocks. The chance to work with a group of longtime friends in a Bowl ...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Report: JSU's Greg Stewart Accepts DC Position at UL

I see according to the last article that JSU was running a 3-4 defense and this got me wondering if we would be changing out D to the same style or remain in the 4-3?

Quote Originally Posted by RagnCajunRebel View Post
    _ I don't have strong feelings on that hire. So far, though I really like the OC hire if that comes through. I would be skeptical if we hire Melvin Smith, as that article mentions. Melvin has long been known as MSU's "bag man," and I dont trust him. However, I think Hudspeth is a GREAT hire, so I won't question any move he makes until there's a reason to.

igeaux.mobi _

Smith isn't coming here.