Thread: Florida Atlantic

UL Football Florida Atlantic

I'm confused about this...

FAU, as far as I know, is still I-AA. They've started off the season with wins over Hawaii, North Texas, and Middle Tennessee. And yet they are nowhere to be found in the I-AA polls.

My only thought would be that they are kind of in limbo because they play so many I-A schools yet are still in I-AA, so maybe they aren't eligible or something. Any ideas?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Florida Atlantic

Originally posted by BabbForHeisman
    My only thought would be that they are kind of in limbo because they play so many I-A schools yet are still in I-AA, so maybe they aren't eligible or something. Any ideas?
    I think you are right but not because of who they are playing, rather because they have filed with the NCAA that they are making the move.

I don't know if this is a good comparison or not, but it's a little like all the WAC teams that are moving out, not getting any conference money this year, even though they are still technically in the WAC.

i wonder if they will still be eligible for the playoffs, because i'm guessing they will be a force to be reckoned with.

FAU is not eligible for the I-AA playoffs and is not eligible for a I-A bowl game. They are in between I-A and I-AA. They are not in either division right now. Next season, they will be I-A with a chance at a bowl game.

and they are loaded with seniors.....watch what happens next year!!!!!

What do you man old man they are loaded with seniors this year or next

Two of FAUs top three offensive preformers are Redshirt Seniors. Their TE (who is their best receiver) is a RS Junior.

12 Allen, Jared RS SR 6-3 215 QB Edmond, OK (Edmond Santa Fe)

84 Crissinger-Hill, Anthony RS JR 6-3 205 TE Tampa, FL (Jefferson)

5 Parker, Doug RS SR 5-11 210 RB Delray Beach, FL (Atlantic)

FAU & FIU are provisional Div. 1-A this year as they transition from 1-AA to 1-A.