_ _ _ _

Thread: Opinion: Green's snub

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Opinion: Green's snub

As much as it sucks, regardless of all Green's success and accolades, he was not named a semifinalist for two reasons.

A. He's not from a powerhouse conference

B. His school is currently 2-9

Can't say I'm surprised.

Well said, Jay. I agree 100%. It's a damn shame that, for all the talk the NCAA likes to give about being a sport that ANYBODY can succeed in and receive recognition for their efforts through awards and draft status, you have to be at a "major school" to have your name on the ballot.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Jay, are these other guys seniors? Also, do you think part of the evaluation includes other TE attributes besides receiving yardage? You have to agree that it is highly subjective to begin with and the nod will go to players at larger programs. It is good of you, as the voice of the Cajuns, to be "outraged", but you weren't entirely surprised were you?

I would also add that being 2-9 overall and 2-5 in the SBC did not assist Ladarius... regardless of whether that should be relevant.

I still think it was a great honor for Ladarius and don't you think he'll be a candidate next year... and likely a top 3 finalist?

We have the same argument about every other award in every other sport as well. It has come to a point where you have to be on the better team to win an award. All sports, all levels.

Great article. But the way I look at it, we get to watch the (actual) greatest TE in america almost every week
    Just trying to stay positive.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Nice Jay, bring the heat to 'em.