Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Zero - days to BBALL season

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    501

    Default Zero - days to BBALL season

    The exhibition game Tuesday. Guess it will be our first chance to see our team in action. See everyone in the Dome!!!!!!


  2. #2
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,934

    Default Re: The count down begins - 7 days to BBALL season

    Quote Originally Posted by playincajun View Post
    _ The exhibition game is next Tuesday. Guess it will be our first chance to see our team in action. See everyone in the Dome!!!!!! _
    My understanding is that the team will have a closed scrimmage against Northwestern State (at their place) on Sunday aftenoon. This is one of those secret things where they threaten to shoot you if you find out anything or report anything. NCAA allows one of those and one exhibition or two exhibitions. Coaches probably get more out of the scrimmage than they do the exhibition as that usually involves a less talented opponent.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: The count down begins -6- days to BBALL season

    I am ready for basketball and the Bob Marlin era to begin. Attendance is so important. Let's give Marlin and his players the support they need.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    1,634

    UL Basketball Re: The count down begins -6- days to BBALL season

    Quote Originally Posted by playincajun View Post
    _ The exhibition game is next Tuesday. Guess it will be our first chance to see our team in action. See everyone in the Dome!!!!!! _
    The season begins tomorrow night! Are you ready for some basketball?!!!
    The Cajuns play 28 games this season (not counting exhibition game on Tuesday in the Cajundome!).
    I think they will have a winning season! My guess is 15 wins. More will be great!
    See everyone in the Dome tomorrow night!
    Go Cajuns!

  5. #5

    Default Re: The count down begins - 7 days to BBALL season

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ My understanding is that the team will have a closed scrimmage against Northwestern State (at their place) on Sunday aftenoon. This is one of those secret things where they threaten to shoot you if you find out anything or report anything. NCAA allows one of those and one exhibition or two exhibitions. Coaches probably get more out of the scrimmage than they do the exhibition as that usually involves a less talented opponent. _
    I was told that the Cajuns won the closed scrimmage at Northwestern State. Bureau supposedly played and scored in double figures. That's good news for him given that he has missed time in the preseason due to his hip.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,358

    Default Re: The count down begins -1- day to BBALL season

    Pep Rally at Earl K. Long for both Men and Women BB teams at 7. Free pizza. I'm a college student, so I need all the free I can get.


  7. #7
    raginsaints's Avatar
    raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,067

    Default Re: The count down begins -1- day to BBALL season

    I'll be at work, snatch me up some free pizza.



    I'll be there for game 1 of the Stoic Bob era tomorrow.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: The count down begins -1- day to BBALL season

    Powers that be withdrew the General Admission football/basketball buy 1 get one free entertainment book coupons..... an ill-advised move until DEMAND increases. Lost revenue will occur on those who used these (1 FULL ticket purchase plus $10-20 in lost concession revenue)

    Marlin will bring more people, but those lost GAdmin seats/related concessions help to pay bills and get butts in the seats as well. Ouyr product is NOT the most demanding ticket in town.


  9. #9
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,934

    Default Re: The count down begins - 7 days to BBALL season

    Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ I was told that the Cajuns won the closed scrimmage at Northwestern State. Bureau supposedly played and scored in double figures. That's good news for him given that he has missed time in the preseason due to his hip. _
    It is encouraging that Bureau played well. I have to believe they would have sat him in a meaningless scrimmage had health been an issue. Do you have any more details as to what occurred. Was it a close affair or did the Cajuns handle them easily. I know that info is tough to get considering how the NCAA wants things kept quiet. We appreicate you finding out a little.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,431

    Default Re: The count down begins -1- day to BBALL season

    Will be exciting to see. There is a lot of work left to do with this group.

    I also hear that Raymone and JJ Thomas are out for exhibition. We will see what the future looks like tomorrow night.


  11. #11

    Default Re: The count down begins -1- day to BBALL season

    Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ Will be exciting to see. There is a lot of work left to do with this group.

    I also hear that Raymone and JJ Thomas are out for exhibition. We will see what the future looks like tomorrow night. _
    Raymone Andrews hurt his shoulder but could practice today. Would start if healthy. J.J. Thomas has mono and will miss a few games.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    501

    Default Re: The count down begins -1- day to BBALL season

    Raymone's ankle is fine. He took a hard hit last week at practice and hurt his shoulder. He did not play in the scrimmage but is supposed to play in exhibitition.


  13. #13

    Default Re: The count down begins -1- day to BBALL season

    Coach Marlin said Andrews will not start, and that it's unclear how much he could play Tuesday. There was hope that he could practice Monday.

    igeaux.mobi


  14. #14

    Default Re: The count down begins -1- day to BBALL season

    Raymone did practice Monday. I'll have more on the closed scrimmage later.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    501

    Default Re: The count down begins -1- day to BBALL season

    Andrews practiced tonight and said he is feeling ok.


  16. Default Time for hoops


    The Cajuns play an exhibition game against NCAA Division II member Montevallo at 7:05 tonight in the Cajundome. "We know when the time changes that it's time for basketball," said Marlin, who spent the previous 12 years at Sam Houston State. "We're ready ...

    The rest of the story

  17. #17
    CajunRed's Avatar
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default Re: Time for hoops

    Just read that Labato has left the team. Didn't know that.

    igeaux.mobi


  18. #18

    Default Re: Time for hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Just read that Labato has left the team. Didn't know that.igeaux.mobi
    Yep. Blogged about it last week but didn't have time to write about it in print until Monday. LeBato didn't do anything wrong. Wasn't discipline- or academic-related. Just didn't want to play basketball here anymore.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,845
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Time for hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _Just didn't want to play basketball here anymore. _
    Anymore? See, I missed something too, I thought this year was going to be his first stint.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Time for hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Anymore? See, I missed something too, I thought this year was going to be his first stint. _
    Well, he did practice here for about a month. That's what I meant by play as he would have had to sit out this season due to NCAA transfer rules.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •