Thread: Elite class enters UL Hall of Fame

Default Elite class enters UL Hall of Fame

A very prestigious group of four former UL standout athletes will be recognized by the Ragin' Cajuns Lettermen Club during homecoming festivities on Saturday at Cajun Field. By that time actually, the 2010 Athletic Hall of Fame class of softball pitcher ...

The rest of the story

Default Re: Elite class will enter UL Hall of Fame

Good to see Jeff get inducted. He's the reason I started following UL sports. In case any of you meet him, get ready for the handshake of your life. Jeff doesn't realize how strong he is and grips pretty hard.

UL Football Re: Elite class will enter UL Hall of Fame

Jeff was and still is a class act. It was an honor to play with him.

And yes, his handshake is killer. Beware.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ Good to see Jeff get inducted. He's the reason I started following UL sports. In case any of you meet him, get ready for the handshake of your life. Jeff doesn't realize how strong he is and grips pretty hard. _
    Congrats to your homey. It's well deserved. One of the best to play on that side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    Here's the article with photos of the athletes: http://ultoday.com

Blog Entries

You know originally there was suppose to only be one inductee a year. I'm not sure how long that lasted.

Currently I was under the impression you had to be out of school for 5 years before induction. Did Brooke graduate early is that how she jumped a year?

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ Good to see Jeff get inducted. He's the reason I started following UL sports. In case any of you meet him, get ready for the handshake of your life. Jeff doesn't realize how strong he is and grips pretty hard. _
    Just got back from the induction ceremony

the killer grip crunched my hand!!! Damn I didn't realize that Mitch had so many sacks and that Great Scott was All-Pro and and All-Madan---Sinclair is one of the greatest in Track ever

Ms Mitchell's stats were stunning

A great class!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Just got back from the induction ceremony

the killer grip crunched my hand!!! Damn I didn't realize that Mitch had so many sacks and that Great Scott was All-Pro and and All-Madan---Sinclair is one of the greatest in Track ever

Ms Mitchell's stats were stunning

A great class!!!! _

That was a great class! Congrats to them

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ You know originally there was suppose to only be one inductee a year. I'm not sure how long that lasted.
    You were mis-informed... That has never been in place.

As for Brooke, Not sure when she granulated...but the 5 years IS a requirement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GetTheFacts1st View Post

Well I wasn't informed, I found the S Club Hall of Fame rules in my research.

I'll see if I can find and post the document when I get home from the game.

igeaux.mobi

Blog Entries

Here you go bylaws when it was instituted by Frazier in 1939.

Attached Images Attached Images    

12. Default This Hall of Fame class is special

There may be a more impressive group of inductees into UL's Ragin' Cajun Lettermen Club Hall of Fame, but Saturday's four enshrinees will do nicely until something better comes along.

All-American softball pitcher Brooke Mitchell Garrity, football defenders Todd Scott and Jeff Mitchell, and track and field thoroughbred Winston Sinclair are clearly among the best performers in any sport ever produced by the school.

And, the way the homecoming contest went, their halftime introduction served as a reminder of how good Cajun athletics can be.

The rest of the story
    Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

_ Here you go bylaws when it was instituted by Frazier in 1939. _
    What do notes 5 and 7 say? Or is that 57?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    _ What do notes 5 and 7 say? Or is that 57? _
    If I recall it was a research paper in book form. I think it stands for reference #57

When I was taking pictures I wasn't reading everything as I snapped or I would have gone snap the reference in the back of the book.

It's not the only reference I came across to "only one per year" but it is the only one I have a picture of.

Default Re: Elite class enters UL Hall of Fame

the criteria that Dutch Reinhardt put into play when he "modernized" the Hall in the 1950's don't mention one inductee only. Frazer's influence dwindled dramatically when Clyde Rougeau took over.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Elite class enters UL Hall of Fame

_ the criteria that Dutch Reinhardt put into play when he "modernized" the Hall in the 1950's don't mention one inductee only. Frazer's influence dwindled dramatically when Clyde Rougeau took over. _
    I don't have a problem with that and I am not surprised Dutch didn't know the bylaws, 10 years had passed.

I mean it even "appears" they forgot the 5-year graduation rule this year. Traditions are hard to maintain when you have a student body rollover every four or five years.

If you go back though I was only pointing out "originally" I knew at some point that was thrown out the window.

You know originally there was suppose to only be one inductee a year. I'm not sure how long that lasted.

Currently I was under the impression you had to be out of school for 5 years before induction. Did Brooke graduate early is that how she jumped a year?

17. Default Former LHS standout Mitchell joins Ragin’ Cajuns Hall of Fame

When Jeff Mitchell first started playing football at Loreauville High School, he had to hide it from his mother by telling her he was the manager for the football team. Eventually Cecelia Mitchell found out her son was on the team when his name started being m