_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: so we should be happy that we're barely losing?

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default so we should be happy that we're barely losing?

Troy only beat us by a few points so we should be happy. I know we shouldn't be expecting 12-0, but is it too much to ask to be 7-5?

Hey, we're 2-4, but Troy only beat us by a touchdown! Come on, let's riot.

Default Re: so we should be happy that we're barely losing?

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ Troy only beat us by a few points so we should be happy. I know we shouldn't be expecting 12-0, but is it too much to ask to be 7-5?

Hey, we're 2-4, but Troy only beat us by a touchdown! Come on, let's riot. _
    Is this a joke?

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It's a joke that I'm not happy that we're only losing by a touchdown to Troy? Why don't we just bend over and call them Daddy?

Cmon dude. Please be real. Kicking and screaming after every loss is a waste of time.

There's like 12 people who are "happy with only losing by a TD" to Troy, and 9 of those people are parents of players.

Can we just relax? NEXT GAME.

It's a joke that I'm not happy that we're only losing by a touchdown to Troy? Why don't we just bend over and call them Daddy?

igeaux.mobi

_ Troy only beat us by a few points so we should be happy. I know we shouldn't be expecting 12-0, but is it too much to ask to be 7-5?

Hey, we're 2-4, but Troy only beat us by a touchdown! Come on, let's riot. _
    what's funny is i've seen more posts like this than I have of people saying they are "satisfied" with a close loss. Seriously, who is saying "well I'm happy cause we made it closer than it was supposed to be?" None of us are happy right now. But hey we can either B***h and moan about this game or we can move on to WKU. your choice...

Trust me, if you've been a lifelong Cajun fan you learn to move past these gut wrenching, cheated, miserable losses. ;-)

igeaux.mobi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Cmon dude. Please be real. Kicking and screaming after every loss is a waste of time.

There's like 12 people who are "happy with only losing by a TD" to Troy, and 9 of those people are parents of players.

Can we just relax? NEXT GAME.

igeaux.mobi _

Blog Entries

I can tell you this parent is not happy losing by any score and neither are any of the players. Most parents are happy at the end of the game if their kid is able to leave the field on his own power and not with the aid of crutches, so I do not know who these 9 you think are happy.

Correct. You're not one of the 9

Quote Originally Posted by townesfan View Post
    I can tell you this parent is not happy losing by any score and neither are any of the players. Most parents are happy at the end of the game if their kid is able to leave the field on his own power and not with the aid of crutches, so I do not know who these 9 you think are happy.

igeaux.mobi

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

There's a difference between taking positives out of a game and being satisfied or happy.

igeaux.mobi

After 9 years we're still waiting to turn that corner, maybe by Bustle's 20th year we'll win 7 games and he'll get a lifetime contract.

_ It's a joke that I'm not happy that we're only losing by a touchdown to Troy? Why don't we just bend over and call them Daddy? _

I must have missed something. I didn't realize that anybody was happy we lost by 7. If that's the case, why did I wake up with such a terrible taste in my mouth for the past 2 days thinking of the Masson fumble, terrible call on the fumbled punt we had to give back and so on...? Good thing for me, its ruined part of my work week already and I didn't know I was supposed to be happy????

On the second hand, maybe you are confusing that with some of the people starting the fire the coach threads after every single loss. OK, I'll acknowledge that everybody here and a large part of the fanbase understands that we are tired of "Mediocrity" which that word is used so much here that it should be made part of the forum name. However, the Cajuns played well Saturday night, gave themselves a chance to win against a heavily favored opponent....Well you know the circumstances. However, many choose to not take the time to come and bash everything that is Cajun football after every single game, especially when after 6 games, the cajuns are likely exactly where most people thought they'd be 8 weeks ago.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Correct. You're not one of the 9

igeaux.mobi _
    I don't think any parent or player is happy with any loss. That does not mean they did not give great effort.

i'm with saints.....no one has flat out and said that they are happy, but until this thread it was upbeat on this board. The effort is to be commended, but that shouldnt be brought up because that is what should be expected week in and week out. " i feel bad for the players cause they worked so hard THIS WEEK"

and the fact that players get on here, we need to watch what we say....i talked to a couple of them, and they say its the most liberal thing they have ever read. you do realize they are young men and not children right.

They line up each week and knock the ______ out of each other, yet we have to act like their feelings are soft as feathers...give me a break. I played and when we lost by 7 or 27, i was ____ed off, and it didnt matter whatever anyone said on this, i wasnt crying cause someone said players cant do it. I didnt need your guys to have my back and say "Stop that, they tried really hard...they may read this you know"

Quote Originally Posted by Some people, but not zephyr View Post
    ...especially when after 6 games, the cajuns are likely exactly where most people thought they'd be 8 weeks ago. _
    I've seen this a few times over the past several days, and I laugh a bit every time someone says it. I seriously have no idea what point this type of statement is meant to prove. In its USUAL context, I think it’s meant to defend something, but I believe it actually does the opposite. I'm sure the Detroit Lions are right were their fans thought they'd be right now, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. This team is where we thought they would be because they're doing the same things they've done for the past 4-5 years...have trouble with the top of the conference, compete with the rest, and have no chance against the big schools. In some ways, I'm astonished that some of you are having such tough times dealing with losses. Do you still cry when you watch Old Yeller or Dumb and Dumber? No. Why? Because you know the dog is gonna get capped and that Lloyd won't get to hook up with Mary. The story never changes. It's the same as it was with basketball for the past 2 years, just maybe not to the same degree.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ I've seen this a few times over the past several days, and I laugh a bit every time someone says it. I seriously have no idea what point this type of statement is meant to prove. In its USUAL context, I think it's meant to defend something, but I believe it actually does the opposite. I'm sure the Detroit Lions are right were their fans thought they'd be right now, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. This team is where we thought they would be because they're doing the same things they've done for the past 4-5 years...have trouble with the top of the conference, compete with the rest, and have no chance against the big schools. In some ways, I'm astonished that some of you are having such tough times dealing with losses. Do you still cry when you watch Old Yeller or Dumb and Dumber? No. Why? Because you know the dog is gonna get capped and that Lloyd won't get to hook up with Mary. The story never changes. It's the same as it was with basketball for the past 2 years, just maybe not to the same degree. _

I didn't mean to make you laugh, you must be watching Dumb and Dumber a little too much. I'm not happy. I actually stated that I thought we had an excellent shot at beating Troy and I was close enough to not attending any more games this year after the MTSU game. The point I made was one that nearly EVERY single person on this board at the beginning of the season was saying that they felt the overall record for this team would be 7-5 or 6-6. That would likely mean a 6-2 conference record and win against Ohio. If you chose the 2 conference games that we would have losses in, I'd say that just about everybody here predicted the two losses to be against Troy and MTSU. Those aren't my thoughts, they were the thoughts and expectations of many here. Take it in the context you wish, I didn't expect or want to be 2-4 as this year carried a lot higher expectations from me than in previous years. The bottom line is if this team finishes 7-5, will you still be chuckling?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I don't think any parent or player is happy with any loss. That does not mean they did not give great effort. _
    Correct. My point was nobody is happy with a loss. It was a silly notion.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I didn't mean to make you laugh, you must be watching Dumb and Dumber a little too much. I'm not happy. I actually stated that I thought we had an excellent shot at beating Troy and I was close enough to not attending any more games this year after the MTSU game. The point I made was one that nearly EVERY single person on this board at the beginning of the season was saying that they felt the overall record for this team would be 7-5 or 6-6. That would likely mean a 6-2 conference record and win against Ohio. If you chose the 2 conference games that we would have losses in, I'd say that just about everybody here predicted the two losses to be against Troy and MTSU. Those aren't my thoughts, they were the thoughts and expectations of many here. Take it in the context you wish, I didn't expect or want to be 2-4 as this year carried a lot higher expectations from me than in previous years. The bottom line is if this team finishes 7-5, will you still be chuckling? _
    I know what you stated Zephyr. I read your post and I interpreted it correctly. I know you aren't happy…you mentioned that several times already. I know the context in which you wrote what you did, and it wasn't the context that I was speaking about. In fact, I knew that you would probably come back and repeat yourself because you always get defensive when someone quotes you. Therefore I added the part about "its usual context", and capitalized USUAL, so that you wouldn't get worked up. It didn't work, though. It's my fault…next time I'll make sure my intent is better stated. If it makes you feel better, I edited the quote.

Blog Entries

_ I know what you stated Zephyr. I read your post and I interpreted it correctly. I know you aren't happy…you mentioned that several times already. I know the context in which you wrote what you did, and it wasn't the context that I was speaking about. In fact, I knew that you would probably come back and repeat yourself because you always get defensive when someone quotes you. Therefore I added the part about "its usual context", and capitalized USUAL, so that you wouldn't get worked up. It didn't work, though. It's my fault…next time I'll make sure my intent is better stated. If it makes you feel better, I edited the quote. _
    Darn TAF member!

_ I know what you stated Zephyr. I read your post and I interpreted it correctly. I know you aren't happy…you mentioned that several times already. I know the context in which you wrote what you did, and it wasn't the context that I was speaking about. In fact, I knew that you would probably come back and repeat yourself because you always get defensive when someone quotes you. Therefore I added the part about "its usual context", and capitalized USUAL, so that you wouldn't get worked up. It didn't work, though. It's my fault…next time I'll make sure my intent is better stated. If it makes you feel better, I edited the quote. _

Well then I'm still not sure what the "thing" is that I'm trying to defend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast