Thread: These Lockers Rock

Blog Entries

UL Football These Lockers Rock

I almost called it "Lock Rock & Sports 112.9 on you FB dial."

Pictures don't do the new UL state of the art locker room justice; I mean this picture only shows 10% of the lockers. There are 112 full size lockers with a bench for each locker and a huge open area to traverse through. For the first time (perhaps) ever, there is a locker for every player.

When you walk in there is no doubt you are in Ragin Cajun country as there is a Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns disc on every locker (or by today there will be) and there is a large Ragin' Cajun carpet marquee in the center of the room.

Way to Geaux Louisiana

Attached Images Attached Images  

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

That looks Great!! Just one question and certainly NOT complaining but, the Ragin Cajun circle on the Carpet, should it have been the updated version of Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns!!??? Like on the lockers!!!

Just a question!

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

C'est Bon!

Nice, where do the opponensts or should I say victims dress out?

I was in the complex the other day. They didn't have the logos on the lockers yet, except for like two. The locker room looks awesome! Also, did you have a chance of seeing the new training room? It quadruples the size of the old one and it even has a room for the steam baths by itself. The old training room had everything in one room. Not to mention, the equipment room looks great as well!

yea man we finished putting up the circle logos on the lockers it really makes the lockers stand out it gives them some color the 65 inch TV in there will also look good haha they supposed to be putting that next week

if only all these changes could result in a few more Wins this year !!

The visitors locker room is in another part of the complex. It's pretty similar to what the home players had before.

i wish they would have made the circle logo bigger when you walk into the locker room it looks pretty small

Blog Entries

Originally posted by DaddyCajun
    That looks Great!! Just one question and certainly NOT complaining but, the Ragin Cajun circle on the Carpet, should it have been the updated version of Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns!!??? Like on the lockers!!!
    I don't think the Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns logo has replaced the Ragin' Cajuns logo. But you are right it would have matched. Still I like it.
    Originally posted by RaginCajunEQM
    i wish they would have made the circle logo bigger when you walk into the locker room it looks pretty small
    This makes it look a little bigger. I think the overall size of the room shrinks it.

Originally posted by Turbine
    This makes it look a little bigger. I think the overall size of the room shrinks it.
    Yeah, there used to be a row of lockers right on top of where the logo is now. Those lockers are now back where they knocked out a wall. The newly-created open space makes the room look humongous.

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Chris, I sure hope they didn't glue that carpet down like the old one!

I'm no carpet expert, but when you do an area that large, it may be necessary. But if they had to, they can call someone else when it's time to take it up!!

14. Default

Cajuns get new look
    Remodeling changes locker room, training areas.

LOUISIANA La. When Louisiana' Ragin' Cajuns report back to the athletic complex this afternoon to begin drills for the 2004 football season, they'll see a different scene.

Those Cajuns who have been in summer school and have been working out regularly already know what's in store, while those who have maintained their conditioning back home will be in for a surprise.

Remodeling work that began earlier this year is now all but complete, and the results are striking.

Coach Rickey Bustle's squad has a new, expanded locker room to go with a bigger, better-equipped weight room.

The sports medicine staff has training room facilities and equipment representing almost a tripling of previous accomodations.

The athletic complex was built over 30 years ago, and had not seen an appreciable updating since that time despite the mushrooming of women's sports and the increased needs of staff during that time.

But a recent fund-raising campaign has enabled Athletic Director Nelson Schexnayder to attack some of those glaring shortcomings at long last.

Combined with work under way on the track and field-soccer facility, and future plans for an expanded complex and an all-purpose indoor practice facility that will accommodate several sports, the Cajuns are marching into a new era.

The Cajuns report today and have meetings and physicals, then will begin fall drills on Monday with freshmen at 2:30 p.m. and varsity joining them at 3:30.

Media Day activities are set for Friday, with Fan Day a week from today at 6 p.m. at Cajun Field.

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com