Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The University of Louisiana at New Iberia Primate Research Story

1. Default 10 Ways Research Chimps Embrace Retirement

Swinging on fire hoses. Basking in the sun. See the many ways these chimpanzees are enjoying retirement at Chimp Haven after years in a laboratory.

2. Default Chimp 'Personhood' Advocates Seek New Appeal in NY

Animal-rights advocates seeking "personhood" for chimpanzees want to take their case to the highest court in New York State.

Default New Iberia Monkey Farm - Asset or Liability

The trend of issues and problems for this primate research facility has not been good- at least the news trend for the university.

http://theadvocate.com/news/12134293...t-ul-lafayette

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Iberia Monkey Farm - Asset or Liability

The article tone and "throw the book" comment are either ignorant of or purposely ignore the "no fault found" in specific previous allegations.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

I don't know enough to evaluate this. Would I retreat because some left-wing nut cases were trumping up BS just because they hate using monkeys for research? No. Would I reconsider if I knew we were operating the facility on a cheap budget that leads to derelict employees and bad conditions for the primates when the corporate benefactors of this research could fund better care? Yes. Where does this issue fall?

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Sunbelt Re: New Iberia Monkey Farm - Asset or Liability

Never be the last woman looking for a lifeboat on the Titanic. IMO research on primates is a declining research. Not saying we should quit, only not be the last ones to take all the heat. TooLame had some sick chimps escape a few weeks back on the North Shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I don't know enough to evaluate this. Would I retreat because some left-wing nut cases were trumping up BS just because they hate using monkeys for research? No. Would I reconsider if I knew we were operating the facility on a cheap budget that leads to derelict employees and bad conditions for the primates when the corporate benefactors of this research could fund better care? Yes. Where does this issue fall?
    I don't agree with using monkeys for testing, we have plenty of perfectly good animals we could test on imprisoned all over the country. What did the monkeys do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I don't agree with using monkeys for testing, we have plenty of perfectly good animals we could test on imprisoned all over the country. What did the monkeys do?
    The misfortune of having the keys 🔑 to cures. The curse of being able to reproduce faster than humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The misfortune of having the keys 🔑 to cures. The curse of being able to reproduce faster than humans.
    But do they reproduce at a higher rate than the country's crime?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USL1970 View Post
    The trend of issues and problems for this primate research facility has not been good- at least the news trend for the university.

http://theadvocate.com/news/12134293...t-ul-lafayette
    Spoke to someone that recently toured the facility and he said it was outstanding. I don't see it as a liability.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

If water boarding a mass murderer bothers the average American _____... we'll never get the opportunity to inject Scott Peterson with Ebola and study him... unfortunately.

Blog Entries

But do they reproduce at a higher rate than the country's crime?
    By the time the appeals process is over its too late to begin research.

Hammer58 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I don't always agree with CajunMonkee but I don't see him as a liability either. And I sure don't think we should be testing Ebola on him. Poor guy has enough to deal with his eye problems.

Monkee is a good guy, he's a positive role model. Dude makes the games, watches with his heart.

Know people that work at the primate center. Those primates get way better treatment than Americans in nursing homes and hospitals. Bet if it was an Refineryville unit, wouldn't be any noise.

It doesn't work that well, but we get really good weed there.

And the Ebola vaccine....you wouldn't believe the colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    I don't always agree with CajunMonkee but I don't see him as a liability either. And I sure don't think we should be testing Ebola on him. Poor guy has enough to deal with his eye problems.

BTW....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

•gasp•

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Busted out laughing my azzz off in the store and my wife and daughter gave me the crazy eyes.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

That is funny but true! At the very least those on Death Row should take the place of the innocent monkeys. Also those lifer's could sign up for the research and "maybe" get a few perks here and there!

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    That is funny but true! At the very least those on Death Row should take the place of the innocent monkeys. Also those lifer's could sign up for the research and "maybe" get a few perks here and there!
    Read Dr Mary's Monkey.......they did this!!!

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Read Dr Mary's Monkey.......they did this!!!
    Well boomer...if we ever start a gymnastics program we know where to recruit..........would be unreal on the rings....

They trained one to throw a 110 MPH fastball!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast