_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For people freaking out about our offense...

Default For people freaking out about our offense...

need to chill. This one game doesn't mean our offense is screwed. I recall 2 years ago where we were facing a southern miss team that had a new coach and we had no idea what to expect defensively (just like this team) and we lost 33-7 or something like that. Do you know how we did on offense last year? we were ranked in total yards per game at the end of the year. I'm not saying we will be that good nor am I making excuses for this team but rest assured, this doesnt mean our offense will look this bad the entire year.

Default Re: For people freaking out about our offense...

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    _ need to chill. This one game doesn't mean our offense is screwed. I recall 2 years ago where we were facing a southern miss team that had a new coach and we had no idea what to expect defensively (just like this team) and we lost 33-7 or something like that. Do you know how we did on offense last year? we were ranked in total yards per game at the end of the year. I'm not saying we will be that good nor am I making excuses for this team but rest assured, this doesnt mean our offense will look this bad the entire year. _

Thanks for trying to make me feel better, but I am still freaking out about this offense. I think we got our second first down in the third quarter. This is very scary to me.

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Please wait at least two more games before freaking out.

igeaux.mobi

I am going to hold most of my thoughts this week being that this was Georgia, but our offense totally stunk this game. I am very afraid for conference play. Honestly I wasn't impressed with the Defense either although they did get a turnover and SHOULD have had another.

Is Mcguire done for the season for sure?

Hopefully one day in my lifetime we can win one of these money games, but I don't see it anytime soon.

Blog Entries

_ need to chill. This one game doesn't mean our offense is screwed. I recall 2 years ago where we were facing a southern miss team that had a new coach and we had no idea what to expect defensively (just like this team) and we lost 33-7 or something like that. Do you know how we did on offense last year? we were ranked in total yards per game at the end of the year. I'm not saying we will be that good nor am I making excuses for this team but rest assured, this doesnt mean our offense will look this bad the entire year. _
    Here is what I don't like about a no huddle offense that reacts to the opponents defensive alignment.

All the opponent has to do is call their weakest defense and they can expect an offensive play that will go up against their true strength.

A good football team doesn't look that bad, EVER . Against any opponent, a good team still puts up a fight. We did not. At no point were we even competition to that Georgia team. At no point was the game in doubt.

igeaux.mobi

truth is, you cant make an accurate assessment of a team after the first game. The Arkansas st game will not only give us an accurate picture of what to expect of this team, it will show their composer. If they are able bounce back that will tell me a lot about this team. I just hope we dont hear nothing but negative stuff all this week on this board cause it gets old really fast.

Blog Entries

_ truth is, you cant make an accurate assessment of a team after the first game. The Arkansas st game will not only give us an accurate picture of what to expect of this team, it will show their composer. If they are able bounce back that will tell me a lot about this team. I just hope we dont hear nothing but negative stuff all this week on this board cause it gets old really fast. _
    You can't judge anything from this game . . . the team . . . the fans.

The way I feel today, the Arkansas State is a must win game.

The crazy thing is that the offensive personnel does not worry me. The reasoning is that I think we can get the ball in the hands of guys who can make plays like Ladarius did on the bomb. However, what does concern me is the playcalling and overall offensive scheme that we employ all the time. I feared that we would go in ultra conservative and do the same old thing and we did that. Note to coach Bustle, DO YOU REALLY EXPECT TO RUN THE ZONE READ IN THE A AND B GAP ALL GAME AND BE SUCCESSFUL AGAINST GEORGIA? To see that stupid zone option run all game made me sick. We got nowhere with it and the line had no push and we did not adjust. The passing game was nothing but 3 yard routes and the line couldn't give Masson enough time to complete those. The defense showed me something and you can't expect a defense to be productive on the field all day like that

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ The crazy thing is that the offensive personnel does not worry me. The reasoning is that I think we can get the ball in the hands of guys who can make plays like Ladarius did on the bomb. However, what does concern me is the playcalling and overall offensive scheme that we employ all the time. I feared that we would go in ultra conservative and do the same old thing and we did that. Note to coach Bustle, DO YOU REALLY EXPECT TO RUN THE ZONE READ IN THE A AND B GAP ALL GAME AND BE SUCCESSFUL AGAINST GEORGIA? To see that stupid zone option run all game made me sick. We got nowhere with it and the line had no push and we did not adjust. The passing game was nothing but 3 yard routes and the line couldn't give Masson enough time to complete those. The defense showed me something and you can't expect a defense to be productive on the field all day like that _
    Well, the zone read could work from time to time if our QB's would ever pull the ball and and run, and if there was a few different variations, but we have had 5 or 6 years of the same plays, its not that hard to see what is coming.
    Tell you what, the D looked pretty good through the first quarter and half of the second quarter. I think if we had some sort of offensive production, I think we could have in the 30's instead of 55.

Rev

Is there any worse looking offense than UL's?

I mean, if they got our number, it's brutal to watch.

igeaux.mobi

Deep in the Ouachita Mountains Hot Springs Village, Ark

Ragin' Cajuns Re: For people freaking out about our offense...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Here is what I don't like about a no huddle offense that reacts to the opponents defensive alignment.

All the opponent has to do is call their weakest defense and they can expect an offensive play that will go up against their true strength. _
    but, sometimes we don't even react to the defense. we had a running play called on 2nd and 6. the defense showed a 5 man front. we ran the ball straight up the middle for a loss.
    some bad decision making at times on the part of the coaching staff.

In an interview, Masson mentioned that he did not watch a single second of Georgia film due to the new defensive coordinator. Well, it showed. That is all I have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Is there any worse looking offense than UL's?

I mean, if they got our number, it's brutal to watch.

igeaux.mobi _

While watching the game today a comment was made that we looked like the team that Henry Winkler was coaching on the movie "Waterboy" before Bobby Bouchier was on the team. That was the most accurate analysis that I heard today.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Here is what I don't like about a no huddle offense that reacts to the opponents defensive alignment.

All the opponent has to do is call their weakest defense and they can expect an offensive play that will go up against their true strength. _
    I'm worried less about the manner in which the plays are called and more about which plays are called. How many times do they need to run a tailback into the back of the left guard before they try something different?

Why does thus surprise everyone? It's been the same BS for years. It is time for a new staff, period.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    _ In an interview, Masson mentioned that he did not watch a single second of Georgia film due to the new defensive coordinator. Well, it showed. That is all I have to say about that. _

The context for which he made the statement is not included in your post. He mentioned that due to the fact that they have a completely new coordinator AND new scheme all together. What film do you want him to watch? Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ Why does thus surprise everyone? It's been the same BS for years. It is time for a new staff, period.

igeaux.mobi _
    CajunProud,

It's OK--we're still going 8-4 and retaining the current staff. Just close your eyes and pretend that everything you saw in the Georgia game that sent red flags flying didn't happen at all. It's great.

Or, if that is not your cup of tea, just make an illogical rationalization contradicted by the program's recent history, such as:
    The staff really has a dynamic offensive scheme installed but was just holding it out because they though that they could handle Georgia with the battle tested run up the middle, quaterback draw/read option, incomplete pass game plan.

You can also apply this method to seriously questinable in-game desicions. For example:
    The reason that we run at stacked defensive fronts is because the opposition thinks that we'll pass, because teams normally pass against stacked defensive fronts. However, by running, we are really outsmarting them because we are running against their stacked, immensively physical defensive front, when virtually all other teams would pass.

Everything is going to be OK.

Seriously though, 6-6 is the absolute best that we can get with this staff. I hope that I am totally wrong...but, sadly, I believe that I'm right.

Just my own thought....We have been seeing the same results when we play these games and it reflects the inability of the coaching staff to prepare, execute and adjust in all aspects...Just my own thought....See 'ya at the game this week!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ The context for which he made the statement is not included in your post. He mentioned that due to the fact that they have a completely new coordinator AND new scheme all together. What film do you want him to watch? Are you serious? _
    I could be wrong but couldn't he have watched tape to look for players' tendencies and while he cant be fimilar with the scheme couldnt he have been familar with the players? Just asking cause IDK if that's how that works

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast